Via Ruinaglia 5, Rome, Lazio, 00184, Italy

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 15% higher than other 2 star hotels

• Unique82's Profile Photo

In the hussle and bussle

Good 2 star hotel just off Via Cavour the main street 10 mins down the road from Termini station, so its a good central location. Would go back.

Unique Quality: 24 hour check in, friendly staff, rooms are clean,Fridge, tv, nice little breakfast, just a shame they didnt have the heating on much as it was cold in Januaray!

Directions: From Termini walk down to the long street called Via Cavour stay to the right hand side 10 mins down is Hotel Saturina down a quite street to your right.

More about Hotel Saturnia

Very basic hotel, but great location

by TripAdvisor Member marka971

Very basic standard, with a shared bathroom, but with our own shower and bidé (?!). Nice staff, but quite boring breakfast. Anyway, we were happy to get what we paid for, and the location was great, with everything interesting withing walking distance.

Basic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member holyport4

This hotel is in a safe area, with lots of restaurants and cafes near by, is walking distance from termini, easy access to airport, and close to Colesseum, Roman Forum and many other sites. We used a bus to get to the Vatican. Our room was brand new and spotless. However, the ensuite was very small, you couldn't even bend over the sink to wash your face properly! On one occasion we had to queue for breakfast as the dining room is small. However, the breakfast was good, cereals, toast, croissents, cold meats, fruit, yoghurts, rolls, juice and lovely tea!
The staff are extremely friendly and help with all your questions in very good English.
A few days stay was ok, wouldn't have wanted to spend much longer here, ideal for younger couples or business trip.

Basic hotel, perfect location, great staff!

by TripAdvisor Member Altitude9600

We booked this through Venere.com. It is a great little place. I loved the breakfast, in fact I was impressed that they include hard-boiled eggs and yogurt for those of us who require protein in the AM. Breakfast also includes made-to-order cappucinos and espresso. Our airlines lost some of our luggage, including my daughter's playpen and all of her clothes and liquids, but Saturnia employees quickly set her up a playpen (crib, cot, whatever) and showed us where a store was so we could replace her baby items.

Some of the rooms had been remodeled, some were apparently still waiting to be remodeled. Ours was not remodeled but our co-travelers had a remodeled room and it was very nice.

The location of Saturnia could not be better. What a luxury to stroll to the Colosseum every evening! Termini station is also right there, a few blocks away. A little further away, but still very walkable, is Trevi fountain. In fact the only place we didnt walk was to the Vatican, we took the subway there.

The little Pizzeria on the corner is not to be missed, Roman pizza is awesome, like nothing else I've ever had.

I would definitely stay at Saturnia again.

Great staff, terrible room!

by TripAdvisor Member 1302

Hotel Saturnia looked NOTHING like the photos on the website and the room was tiny, very old, very dodgy electrics, no minibar/ haridryer/ iron, shared bathroom had broken shower.

However, it was cheap, well located and the staff were lovely and very helpful. The coffee at breakfast was good and the bed was a hgihglight- v comfy. The room and bathroom were also v clean. It was fine for a group of 20 somethings over New Year for what we paid, but beware if you book for a romantic break or where you want home comforts! It may be worth calling ahead and asking if you have an old or renovated room- i m=imagine the hotel will be great when fully refurbished, but it's a bit hit or miss at the moment! x

For those who don't demand much.

by TripAdvisor Member Eelco_Kuijper

Me and my girlfriend enjoyed our stay in Rome last month very much, and one of the reasons for our pleasant stay was Hotel Saturnia. They contributed to the whole package with a positive approach. Of course, as said before, this is not an upper-class hotel, but you get what you pay for i guess. What you get is a simple but sufficient room, which is clean but small. You get besides that a hotel which is located at a very central location in Rome (walking distance to many well-known highlights) and a friendly and helpfull staff. To conclude there is a nice continental breakfast, which is served in a rather small dining-room.
So if you want to travel to Rome and have a pleasant stay, and you don't require all the luxury of higher class hotels, consider Hotel Saturnia.

Regards

great service

by TripAdvisor Member maximo20

Great hotel , great quality price, clean room and comfortable
Francesco & Riccardo the main receptionist have been very nice and helpfull durand our holidays, they even help me to found an hotel in Florence they booked it for me, they were always available to help and inform us , that was a lovely hotel to stay close from the center , I really enjoyed my stayed there.
The breakfast is very nice , the service of Lasantha was perfect.
I really recommend this hotel to anyone.
Anthony Ekizian

'Basic' Saturnia wins on location

by TripAdvisor Member citylover27

Just got back from a brilliant 3 night stay in Rome and after some dubious reviews on trip advisor about this hotel i thought i'd share my thoughts. Ok so first the hotel is basic 2 star accommodation do not stay if 5 star luxury is more what you want however the location is great just 10 mins walk to Termini and the colosseum plus many other sights in walking distance trevi, spanish steps etc buses and the metro are also good, quick, reliable and frequent means to get around the major sights. Getting back to the hotel our room was in a good state clean and no sign of any electrical hazzards which was good however i did go to open the bathroom door and the handle fell off in my hand! apart from that everything was ok. staff were friendly offered advice on the best way to get to some of the sights so overall a good basic hotel that wins hands down on location.

Hell in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member carbonchloride87

STAY AWAY from this hotel.
Firstly, we were shocked to realize that the bathroom in the room was not even partitioned. So if you are travelling with a group of mixed friends, then showering would be HIGHLY inconvenient because you would have to use the single, miserable common toilet, which around 20 people on the same floor shares because every room DOES NOT have a toilet bowl despite having a butt cleaner. Go figure!
Plus, as what other reviewers have noted, the food for the breakfast is left UNCOVERED overnight. Even the hard boiled eggs. So BEWARE! the eggs for breakfast could have been boiled 1 week ago, i think. So eat at your own risk. We were lucky that we did not get a stomachache after staying there for 2 nights.
In addition, the rooms are really unsafe, because the doors are but flimsy wooden planks, and you have to remember to lock the door at night with your key from the inside.
So stay at your risk...

Stay clear of this place!! Avoid Avoid Avoid!

by TripAdvisor Member BelfastNoodles

This hotel ruined our visit to Rome! We arrived in Termini station in Rome and proceeded down Via Cavour looking for Hotel Saturnia. We found it down a dingey alleyway ( I wouldn't even call it a street). As soon as we arrived we were asked to pay up front. But as our money was buried in the middle of the case, we told the receptionist that we would go to our room and open our case and bring the money down. We were given room 212. It was horrible. I travelled here with my fiancee to try and book our wedding for next year, and I just felt like crying when we got to our room. It was tiny, smelly and dirty. The walls had dirty black footprint marks all over it, i think because of people trying to get off the bed cause there was zero room to walk at either side of the bed. The wardrobe was just 2 bits of wood hammered together. The bathroom.....oh the bathroom.....it was horrible and potentially unsafe. The dirt in it has to be against some sort of enviromental health standards or something. I have attached a few photos of it. The headboard of the bed had something green growing on it! So needless to say we didn't stay. We went back down to reception and told the man on duty that it was disgusting and we wouldn't be staying there and he said "Do what you want because we have your credit card details and we will still take the money as soon as you leave" I was shocked and appauled by how rude he was and by how little he cared. It wasn't until I produced photos of the bathroom that he said he would talk to the manager. We left and found another hotel (Hotel Atlantico - Which was our godsend!) and sure to their word Hotel Saturnia took the money from my card. We had to go back down to the hotel in an attempt to talk to the manager 4 times, who we never got to see. I have been told that to avoid formal complaints that they are refunding my money. Im still waiting on it coming through but Im told that it definitely is going through.

From start to finish this hotel was a disaster. I know that you get what you pay for but honestly, This hotel is nothing like its photos on the website. The very least we could have expected was a clean tidy room and we didn't get anything of the sort. I recommend that you stay away from this place. It is a complete dive!

Comments