Vicolo del Babuccio 20-21, Rome, Lazio, 00184, Italy

Satisfaction Average

Costs 46% more and rated 15% lower than other 3 star hotels

• OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

Great Location

I stayed here in 2002 and was extremely pleased with the hotel and its location. Located right around the corner from the Fontana di Trevi, it is conveniently located, yet remains quiet and safe. I tried to stay here again in 2005, but the hotel was sold out and the prices had increased significantly.

Highly recommend this place for vacation travel, but pack lightly, Cabs cannot get down the road to the front desk so you must walk about 50 yards.

Directions: if you are looking at the Fontana di Trevi, turn around and walk slightly to your left walk up a block and hotel is on the first small side street on your left.

• PolyAna's Profile Photo

Sweet Place to Stay in Rome

Oh my Gosh! l loved this place. First of all, we booked a regular room and we got the aparment instead, which is room 504 and it was in a separate building. The room had 2 levels a bed and bath w/ outdoor courtyard level and the sitting area level. It was awesome. We felt like home there... I loved the fact that we were like 20 yards away fromt he Trevi Fountain... Many nigts we got drinks and just sat by the Trevia nd people watched. Everything is close and i would highly recommend that you look into staying here...

Unique Quality: Close to the Trevi fountain, the Colosseum and Ancient Rome... Also pretty close to the Spanish steps and the shopping on Via Venetto...

Directions: Take ataxi to it if you just got to Rome...

• magyarozag's Profile Photo

The Greatest Hotel in Rome

The taxi dropped us off and we trundled off struggling with our carrycase over the rugged cobbles. We entered the hotel and were warmly welcomed by a charming lady who was extremerly nice. She sent her husband to show us the room which was just stunning. I thought is was as good as it was going to get but there were two more shocks. The lesser of the two was the fact there was a modern, clean, cheap and airconditioned museum right underneath the hotel ( acessed via a differnet entrance) and the other was where we would have to eat.
    I came out the room the next morning and walked to the reception desk, "Dove le camera collazione " I asked. The lady walked us to the lift and pushed the button, we ascended to the top floor and walked up to a roof terrace. There I was presented with rolls, yoghurts, biscuits and coffee, but the view was something else. I couldn't beleive it, looking across the city of Rome with a faint sound of buzzing scooters and church bells in the distance.
    I couldn't tear myslef away from the hotel it was so nice. On the way home I sat in silence, mourning the loss of a superb holiday.

Unique Quality: The Hotel has everything you would expect, (shower, toilet, cable T.V, Air Conditioning, hair dryer, and even a beautiful desk. The Hotel itself has great views, great location and is in a great city.

Directions: Turn left off the road leading up from the Trevi fountain. I think it was called Via Fontane.

• cfuentesm's Profile Photo

Hotel Trevi

More a bed and breakfast than an hotel, the once known as Albergo Trevi, now just Trevi Hotel is a charming little place, that offers an excellent location right around the corner from the Trevi fountain, at affordable prices. The last time I was there they had just remodeled some of the rooms. It's a cozy and very very nice, friendly place to stay. Don't miss their breakfast.

More about Hotel Trevi

Hotel Trevi

Hotel is round the corner from the Trevi Fountain which, at first, seems a good idea. After a couple of days, it becomes a bit of a hassle to struggle through the crowds just to get back to the hotel - the fountain is never quiet, at least in high season, even at 3am.

Breakfast was poor - coffee, croissants (get there early), sliced meat, processed cheese. No bars close by that offer good value drinks. Walk 10 mins to Barberini (nearest Metro), 30 mins to Vatican, 15 mins to Pantheon and 20 mins Piazza Navona, 15 mins Forum.

We stayed in the apartment building opposite the hotel. Room was clean but small. No wardrobe, just a small clothes rail. Small window, no view to speak of.

We paid £350 for four nights in mid July - not good value for money

Do Not Book with Hotel Trevi

I have just returned from Rome and encountered some serious problems with the Hotel Trevi. I had booked this hotel months in advance for a stay of two weeks. I booked this hotel specifically because of its proximity to the Trevi Fountain. When I got to the Hotel the woman behind the desksaid that there were no rooms avaiable and I was booked in a sister hotel, quite a distance away from the city centre.

When I showed her my reservation for the Hotel Trevi, this clerk became extremely angry, and told me repeatedly that there was no room available and I had no other choice but to go to this sister hotel. I repeatedly insisted that I had this reservation at the Hotel Trevi, but she became increasingly angry, and said there was no room for me. I asked her when a room would be made avaiable for me, and she said there was no room for the duration of my stay, so I would be forced to stay at the sister hotel.

Before I left for Rome, I called my travel agent to confirm that indeed I would be booked in a room at the Hotel Trevi, after reading reviews on this page that others had experienced problems. I was assured that there was a room available there, yet I still ran into problems.

It seems that this hotel overbooks people, and then ships the extras to their sister hotel, quite a distance away. I cannot stress enough that when booking with the Hotel Trevi it is at your own risk. You are not guaranteed to get a room at this location.

Hotel Trevi uses annexes

by TripAdvisor Member lavery

On arrival at midnight - having been ripped off by a taxi driver overcharging and yes he had a meter and no I didn't see it - we checked in (daughter and mum) to be told our 'suite' was round the corner and not in the main hotel. Having been travelling since 07.00, flight was delayed, the thought of walking round the corner was not appealing. Rome is very hot in August, even at midnight plus the area is busy.

We made the man carry/drag our case as we were both past it!

Found our rooms up two flights of stairs, round the corner. Nice rooms, dark, needed lights on in daylight. Good bathroom, twin beds and a tv with dreadful reception. Good point - there is a safe.
Had to walk back to main hotel to be given swipe card for room. Found a good pizza bar at 01.00; close to rooms, by the wonderful Trevi fountain.

Had to walk to hotel for breakfast on the roof terrace, found the waitress unhelpful and had to ask for coffee. Get in early for croissants. Fruit was over ripe.

Would not stay there again as I felt it rather surprising that 2 women travelling alone were placed in an annex and also the staff were rather superior on the desk. Their attitude was austere and not welcoming. The porter was kind.

Love Rome and the beautiful and friendly staff at the Trevi

Hi my name is Philippa, and I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Rome at the hotel Trevi. The staff was very friendly and sweet.
It was my first time in Europe,and my wonderful and fun experiences in Rome at the hotel Trevi will stay with me forever.
I want to thank the staff at the Hotel Trevi for making my experience there a memorable one. I hope to come and visit again soon.
Thanks,
Philippa MARY

My best stay in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member frenchyxav

Dear travellers,
We just came back from a 3 days stay in Rome at Hotel Trevi and it was great! The hotel was fully booked so we staid in a room wich was 1 block from the main building (on the via Scanderbeg) and it was EXCELLENT!! The entrance of the room was right on the small pedestrian paved street so it gave us the feeling of having our own flat in Rome. Of course it is a bit noisy to be on the ground floor but who needs to sleep till noon while on a citytrip in Rome? The only negative point is the small breakfast room in the main building. It is too small and sometimes people have to wait 15/20 minutes to get a table (No problem during summer season as the breakfast room is then situated on a rooftop terrace wich is big enough)
In a few words: Book it and ask for a room on viccolo Scanderbeg!
Enjoy your stay in Rome

Not bad at all.

We have just returned from our stay at the Hotel Trevi and it was an average experiance but in all honesty not bad at all.

We didnt stay in the main Hotel but in an apartment building around the corner. We went with another couple and when we went to our room we were very impressed as it was actualy a suite. Our friends werent so lucky and only got a small but cosy room approx half the size of ours but they didnt take issue with it as we were there to enjoy our short break.

They did have small problem with ants on the first morning there but the maid sorted it out with some ant killer but again to us it wasnt an issue as we didnt realy spend much tme in the rooms anyway.

Breakfast was disapointing though and the dining area was very very small and cramped but we made do.

As for Rome the 4 of us loved it especially the food which even in the cheaper places was excellent.

Comments