Via Piemonte 63, Rome, Lazio, 00187, Italy

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• mirko_p's Profile Photo

Good 3 star hotel in Rome

We spent 3 nights in April 2004 in this 3 star hotel located near Via Veneto. The hotel is very close to the American Embassy and the Hard Rock Cafe. If you like walking it takes about 10 minutes to get to "Piazza di Spagna". Otherwise there's a subway station in Piazza Barberini and you can get everywhere in the city.

Unique Quality: On http://veneto.hotel-roma.net you can book online, you can see some pictures and a map.
    Breakfast is included.

Directions: Near Via Veneto. This hotel is situated on a hill.

More about Hotel Veneto

Just Married - Excellent Hotel in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member bobbiefrombolton

i have just returned from a 2 week vacation in Italy, whilst in Rome I stayed at the Hotel Veneto and attended my friends wedding... I had never heard of this hotel before (my friend booked it online through the hotel's website) so I was a bit anxious about my stay - I needn't have been... everything was perfect from the quirky glass elevator (doesn't make a sound) to the breakfast which was simple but adequate. Our room was spacious, airy and contain a colour tv with some satelite stations plus a private en suite bathroom that contained everything we needed. We paid 167 euro per night for a double room which was the most expensive hotel of our trip however, apparently Rome is more expensive than Milan, Florence and Lake Como. Finally, the staff were more than cooperative and Nicola the front office manager (guy with grey hair and glasses) was very nice. I will definately return to this hotel when I go back to Rome.

I'd go back!

by TripAdvisor Member Londongirl5

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Hotel Veneto and would certainly recommend it. Didn’t experience any of the problems mentioned in the recent review about air-con not working, items being stored in the communal areas etc. The hotel is in a very good location and we walked to most of the major sites, although admittedly we are quite keen walkers. Also felt safe walking back to the hotel at night. The décor in the bedrooms is certainly different (check out the hotel’s own website for pics) but the room was clean and at least it makes a change from the uniform 3 star hotel bedroom you usually get! Although our room overlooked the road, with the window closed you couldn’t hear any noise. The bathroom looked brand new, and, although small, the shower was fantastic. Breakfast was nothing to write home about – coffee from a machine, croissants, cereal, yoghurt – but no complaints. Didn’t really have much to do with the hotel staff but they seemed friendly enough. The hotel didn’t have an iron though! All in all, I’d love to go back to Rome, and wouldn’t hesitate to book the Hotel Veneto.

Deserves a medal for Valour and Honour

by TripAdvisor Member leothelion

i have just returned from a fabulous 5 night stay at the Hotel Veneto in Rome where my holiday was made all the more enjoyable by the superb breakfast, the excellent room and the friendliness of the grey haired receptionist Nicola who bent over backwards to ensure we made the most of our time in Rome. The location is superb, the Spanish Steps and main shopping area of Rome is only a few minutes walk away, and the hotel is run with military like precision thus ensuring everything works smoothly i.e. the lift, breakast, check in etc. My only slight criticism is that the breakfast room doesn't have more windows as the panoramic view of Rome could be breathtaking if they just drilled a few holes and put windows in... I will certainly be back here. Finally, one regret I have is that i didn't book a Room in July and August as the hotel are offering discounts for longer stays...

OK - Extremely unfriendly staff!

by TripAdvisor Member westerton

I have just returned from a trip to Rome and I stayed in the Hotel Veneto. The general appearance of the hotel is fine though the corridor my room was on was a bit grubby, it had damaged ceilings, electrical wires hanging out of the walls and scorch marks next to many of the light fittings!! My room was very small and only had enough space for the bed and a small wardrobe and the air conditioning unit was not very effective.

On the plus side the hotel is conveniently located for most tourist areas if you don't mind walking 20 mins or so, it is also handy for Metro. The breakfast room was always spotlessly clean and there was always plenty of food, even if it was a bit boring.

The real gripe I have about this hotel is the staff who were extremely rude and unhelpful. Trying to get advice about directions to tourist areas, bus times etc. was like pulling teeth. Every time I asked for my room key was a nightmare, the reception staff were rude every time simply ignoring me or talking amongst themselves for 5 minutes or so, they never made eye contact when speaking to me and displayed an very disinterested attitude towards most guests.

I would have been very disappointed if I had not got a discounted rate for this hotel. I will not be staying here again.

Wouldn't even think of staying here again!

by TripAdvisor Member romasposa

We just returned from our wedding in Rome and honeymoon in Bologna.

While in Rome we used the Hotel Veneto as our base, since the church that we were getting married in is just a few blocks away. The proximity, I'm afraid to admit, is the only positive for this hotel.

We were given a room on the second floor. The room was TINY, even by Italian hotel standards. No exaggeration: there was about 18" of room on either side of the bed and no more! The armoire along the wall opposite the bed was huge in comparison to the size of the room. There were only about 7 hangers for the two of us to hang our weeks worth of clothing.

The mini-bar had a lock with no key. We informed the desk that we did not have a key and were told twice to look on top of the fridge. The third time was a charm, I suppose, because he produced the key right away.

The afternoon gentleman downstairs was extremely rude. We watched one couple try to get help from him after the airline lost their luggage. He did not want to be bothered at all. He actually told them to talk to him about it later.

Our air conditioning did not work. Again we complained twice and were told that someone would be sent out to look at it. Never happened. We had to buy an oscillating desk fan for 19Euro from Termini Station to even sleep comfortably at night.

The bathroom had no shower curtain. When you took a shower water would get all over the place. The water mostly came out cold. I had maybe two warm showers. We took two showers a day, so this is not good odds. And when I say cold water I mean COLD! Like trying to wash your hair and not wanting it to touch you because it gave you goosebumps cold. Forget about shaving!

The phone did not work. We were trying to get in touch with our wedding coordinator and photographer and had to buy a phone card to use at a payphone because the phone would not let us call out.

My parents checked in two days later to Hotel Veneto and their room was MUCH larger than ours, although there was a funky smell on the entire wing of the first floor. This is when we realized that not all of the rooms were broom closests, like ours.

We finally told the front desk that our room was not acceptable. My fiance (at the time) told the morning man that we could not get ready for our wedding in our current room and requested a room change. At the mention of wedding, they became very helpful and moved us to the "best room in the house", #420. #420 was much better. It was spacious and had a jacuzzi tub. The air was still lousy, but we were armed with our fan.

The same day my future in-laws checked in and were given preferential treatment, since they were here for our wedding. They got room #416. It, too, was rather large. The air was also lousy. We gave them the fan when we checked out. It has since been passed on to another needy couple and we hope that it will continue to enhance guests stays.

We checked out a day early and were given some problems. The price that we were quoted online; their website, said that a stay of four days or longer in July or August would result in an extra 25% discount. They refused to honor this, even though we had a print out from home. They claimed that we should have cancelled our existing reservations and re-booked with the new rate.

The only other positive thing I can say is that the ladies at the front desk were helpful. They gave me directions to some hairdressers in the area and let me drop their name at the florist around the corner.

We have been to Rome five times and this is by far the absolute worst hotel I've ever been to. The afternoon check-in clerk did nothing to help increase our opinion of the place.

A really good value well positioned hotel

We stayed here for New Year and had a really memorable time. The room was nicely decorated and whilst the view wasn't too good (the hotel's boiler I think), we did not mind because we had our 2 year old daughter with us and so I guess they put us at the back because it was quiet in terms of any traffic noise. Also you don't spend much time in your hotel room because there is so much to do in Rome so again we weren't too bothered by the view!

The breakfasts were fine - mainly carbs but what you would expect really. Before going I read the reviews from this website and was only expecting a tiny amount but it was certainly adequate.

We found the hotel was in a good spot, again with our 2 year old we could go to the park and zoo in the Villa Borghese and these were within walking distance. The buses were also frequent to and from the hotel area into town so we thought it was a good spot to be in.

The only downside was the noise from the boiler but this was the only reason why I do not give it 5 stars. It was cheap, well-positioned and did the job that we wanted it to do very well.

Good Value For Money

by TripAdvisor Member jambo1

We have just stayed 5 nights at this hotel and found it to be good value for money. I was concerned after reading some of the reviews what we would be staying in. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The ensuite was a bit small but no different from some hotels I have stayed in the USA. The sheets were changed twice during our stay and the towels were changed every day. We found the staff very polite and the desk staff very friendly and advised us the best way to get to places.

The breakfast was as advised breads, jams, cereals etc. but we found this to be more than adequate as we preferred not to stack up on breakfast so we could enjoy lunch. A tip that we used from this site is to ask the waiter at breakfast for cappachino(?) and he will make it for you, otherwise the coffee from the machine is ok but the real one is better.

Overall a good value for money hotel that I would stay at again.

If THIS is Italian hospitality...

It was our first time in Rome and our travel agent assured us that this hotel was inexpensive and very nice. Well, considering what they offered, this hotel was NOT that cheap. I'm a frequent traveler and I have to say that the staff was one of the most rude and uncaring bunch of people I have encountered. When we needed something, we had to ask or call the front desk, at least, three times before they even made a move. The hotel, itself, looked like they were in the process of moving or something. It wasn't even very clean. The common spaces were cluttered with stored things and it was dirty. The room smelled sour and the air-conditioning didn't work. We called several times but nothing was ever done about it. It was noisy at night. By the way, don't EVEN eat the breakfast...it was awful. The coffee machine burned and blew up while we were there. It's just a run down hotel that probably used to be nice. We will NEVER stay there again.

great location does not compensate for this terrible hotel

I have been working in the travel industry for 10 years and have never ever experienced more rude and unhelpful staff in a hotel. I understand it was a great price and the location is ok but that does not compensate the rudeness i experienced for my first time to Rome. I asked for champagne in my room on arrival as a suprise for my partner which was confirmed by them this was ok by e-mail but SUPRISE it ws not there. The roof terrace is closed does not state this on their website. Shower in room does not work and other guests told me neither did their air conditioning. Nearly missing a pre-booked tour as the hotel could not find my name on computer when tour company showed me they clearly had it spelt correctly(incurred extra taxi charge). Poor breakfast even for a 3 star hotel just cereal and bread. Overall rudeness and couldnt be bovered attitude of reception staff ruined my stay at the hotel. For me helpfulness does cost a penny and although hotel was fantastic price i would never ever recommend this hotel. (lots of other guests complained of this to) However Rome is wonderful and would return just not at the Veneto Hotel.

by Nana3

We are booked into this hotel October 9 - 11, and I've just read reviews on Trip Advisor that are very mixed. Anyone stayed here recently (after the renovation that was going on in the spring/early summer)? Thanks for input! P.S. We aren't 5 star hotel folks - clean and safe are more important.

Comments