Hotel Visconti Palace

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• JFN41's Profile Photo

Elegant Contemporary Hotel off Piazza Cavour

The very modern decor of the interior of this hotel made me think more of Scandinavia than Rome. The furnishings were what I'd call minimalist yet colorful. Nothing Baroque about it.
    However, a step out the door and there was little doubt that I was in the Eternal City.
    The ensuite rooms are a good size with double beds and ample closet space.
    After a long flight from Boston, the comfortable mattress and large, full pillows were a delight.
    Fresh linen was provided daily and the mini-fridge kept well stocked.
    The lounge and dining room were pleasant enough and the contemporary decor, comfortable but I prefer to investigate the many eateries of interest in this great city. Therefore, I cannot comment on the quality or quantity of their menu items.
    Heading east from the hotel you are only one block from the active Piazza Cavour which makes the Castel San'Angelo and The Vatican within easy walking distance.
    At Castel San'Angelo, a pleasant walk across the bridge, Ponte San'Angelo, brings you in easy reach of the Pantheon and Piazza Navona.
    The Piazza del Popolo and The Borghese Gardens are accessible by foot a few blocks and a bridge in the opposite direction through the Piazza della Libertà and over the Ponte Regina Margherita.
    Piazza del Popolo is also noted for its pair of symmetrical churches on either side of the Via del Corso, the Santa Maria dei Miracoli and the Santa Maria in Montesanto. (Via del Corso is considered the urban stretch of the ancient Via Flaminia)
    In Rome, I tend to walk and walk but that's my preference. Access by Public Transportation to various parts of the city is readily available only a block from Visconti Palace in Piazza Cavour, a hub of bus activity with many buses circulating through it. Piazza Cavour also has an active night life of clubs and restaurants.
    Although VISCONTI PALACE does not qualify as a budget hotel, it will suit many.

Directions: Via Federico Cesi 37
    Rome, Italy 00193
    Via Federico Cesi is a short street running between Piazza Cavour and Piazza della Libertà.
    Piazza Cavour, an active bus terminus, home to the Palace of Justice.

• Scenic Walk to Vatican

Hotel was clean and comfortable. Breakfast great. Staff and services were great. Location, location, location. Two blocks to the river, and just down the river from the Vatican. Lots of great shopping within a 15 minute walk.

Unique Quality: Open roof-top with bar service. No pool.

More about Hotel Visconti Palace

Thoroughly Enjoyed the Visconti Palace

by TripAdvisor Member 2martinis

My husband and I have just returned from a Mediterranean cruise followed by three days and nights in Rome. We stayed at the Visconti Palace and were very satisfied with it. We were somewhat apprehensive ahead of time because we had read some reviews that indicated that the hotel staff was rude and the rooms were noisy. We found the staff to be very efficient and extremely helpful. Most speak English as a second language and answers to questions are sometimes brief, but never rude. They have a very nice continental breakfast each morning and the location of the hotel is prime. Rooms are comfortable, spacious and clean and we were never bothered by noise. There are several nice restaurants within a block of the hotel and lots more within walking distance. Metro system is very easy to use and is also very affordable. (An all-day pass is something like 4 Euro per person.) All in all, I would highly recommend seeing Rome from the Visconti Palace. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would go again in a minute.

Visconti Palace is an excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jeannie13

Prior to leaving for Italy we checked Trip Advisor for a hotel and found that most people liked this hotel but some thought the staff was arrogant and disinterested. We decided to book this hotel anyway since most comments were positive and stayed in Room 631 October 2rd through 6th. I would like to say that I found the hotel to be charming, clean and the staff was friendly. Unfortunately, I also found Americans behaving badly toward hotel staff and I suspect this may be the reason for some of the comments. Their policy is for you to leave your room key (a big key with a brass weight on it) with the front desk when you go out and pick it up when you return. We observed an American who had "lost" her key acting very indignant that the hotel manager asked her to look for it rather than just "letting it go"--clearly, had she followed hotel policy, the key would never have been lost and it will be much harder to replace than the typical American style card key.
We arrived around noon on a Sunday and since check out is 12:00, all of our rooms were not ready. Several Americans behaved very badly about this and deserved any arrogant treatment they received -- although I did not notice any hotel employee abusing them.
This hotel has a large lobby with tables and chairs inside and outside. There is a bar in the lobby where you can get a sandwich and soup if you don't care to go out at lunch. The Hotel also has very nice restroom facilities below the lobby and they offer an outstanding continental breakfast as part of the room cost. The hotel is located within walking distance of shopping at the Spanish Steps and several very nice restaurants. We had no problem using this hotel as a base while touring Rome.
Our room was lovely. It was small but well appointed. The bathroom contained a bidet (which does crowd a small bathroom) and a tub with a shower. The products provided were nice.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Rome. Please ignor the comments about arrogant staff -- if they were arrogant, I suspect they had a reason to be.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member maca1004

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at Visconti Palace. The hotel was very clean and was in walking distance to every major attraction. We found the front desk to be VERY helpful, and would recommend this hotel for your visit.

I love Rome like my home

This is an excellent Hotel. It was very clean and tidy. airy and bright. The air smelt clean and the air condition was excellent. Everywhere was nice and shiny and bright. The breakfast room was well laid out. Plenty of choice for morning breakfast. The staff were always around clearing up or keeping tables clean and tidy. everywhere was just clean, fantastic.
This Visconti Palace was so central for us, for all the shops, for all the places of interest, just simplely everything, even Taxis.
The Lounge was clean and bright. The sofas were very comfortable. The staff were great. Very smart at all times.
Our room #625 was nice and bright, clean and tidy. The bathroom had everything, again clean and tidy.
I will be coming back to this VISCONTI PALACE, Rome as soon as possible.
(Mr & Mrs Leslie & Gloria DAVID. from surrey England, UK).
All the resturants were excellent.
Of course for us the Roman Catholic churches all around were wonderful.
On the last day of our seventh day stay was sad. I did not want to leave.
I now want to LIVE IN ROME.

Delighted with hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member RaspberryGirl

I stayed at this hotel and was impressed with the cleanliness and upkeep of the place. I stayed at an alternative 4* hotel in Rome back in April and that was terrible. The Visconti Palace is modern and bright and the staff, were helpful when approached, although I concur that this could be improved upon! I would definitely go back though. I used Rome Cabs to transport from Ciampini Airport who were very efficient and found a local restaurant called CLOK which served delicious italian food and the staff were very friendly.

Clean, Efficient, And well located!

We spent three nights here before a cruise. The location was perfect and well within a nice walk to great eateries, shopping, history and art.

The morning breakfast was substantial and very european. The efficient ultra clean rooms were well appointed with a nice view of the city. We would stay here again.

No welcome for tourist here

Clearly the staff at this hotel prefer the 1 day business traveler.As a tourist I had a problem getting one of the three snobs at the desk to check me in ,get information,make a small amount of change,get a walking map.Everything is a problem.And don't ever ask housekeeping for a thing, they may be busy on their cell phone,take your head off. Not the place to stay in Rome,hospitality is not in there vocabulary.

Staying at the Visconti Palace Hotel

by deebee55

We are staying at the Visconti Hotel for one night after arriving in Rome at 10:30pm. We have a short window of time available to see a few sights, hopefully before boarding our cruise ship in the afternoon the next day. Is the Visconti hotel within walking distance to any of the major attractions? I would love to see the Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps.

by monorailgold

Hello,

You should be able to see the spanish steps and the trevi fountain by crossing the river. They are probably within about a 15 minute walk. You can also take a cab but at that time at night, walking should be fine. You just have to cross the river and head up the via dei condotti to get to the spanish steps. From there the trevi fountain is another 10 minutes away.

Donna

by deebee55

Thank you, your answer was very helpful!!!

by leics

Rome is very walkable indeed, and you will be able to see more than just a couple of places if you plan a route. Sights like Trajan's market/the Colosseum etc are lit at night, so there is every reason to have a look round them if you have the energy and you should have at least a couple of hours available the next morning too.

Have a look at an online map such as

to see what is within reasonable walking distance. You may well be pleasantly surprised!

Thank you so much!!!