Il Colonnato

Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Rome

The PantheonThe Pantheon

Roman Columns in the interior (Apr 09)Roman Columns in the interior (Apr 09)

SENATVS POPVLVSQVE·ROMANVS ....SENATVS POPVLVSQVE·ROMANVS ....

ReliefsReliefs

Best website for booking budget B & B's in Italy

by trvlrgrl

On a whim I'm heading out to Rome in a week and need to book a few nights online. I don't want to stay in a hostel but also don't want to pay a lot for a room since I'll likely spend very little time there. Any suggestions for a good site for booking rooms online?

by hawkhead

Try www.booking.com or www.alpharooms.com or www.venere.com - I've used all these several times and have absolutely no complaints.

by leics

Agree. I always use venere for Italian hotels, with booking.com as a back-up. Neither site lists many (if any) actual b&bs (venere has the most).

There are more specific b&b sites for Rome if you google, such as

but I have no personal experience of them.

by kathymof

Here are some more sites to check

by kathymof

sorry about double posting something that was already recd.

by trvlrgrl

Thanks so much for the sites! I'm trying to avoid anything that looks like an "institution" so these links to B & B sites are great!

by dino335

here's another one http://www.sawdays.co.uk/accommodation/?countryColl=Italy

by lucyinthesky2

I don't know if it's the best but I'm a regular user of Clickbed: http://www.clickbed.com/?utm_source=laura&utm_medium=linkbuilding&utm_campaign=sep-londres

At least they never failed me, and the places I went were nice for a low budget.

Grazie to all!

Travel Tips for Rome

When visiting Rome you should...

by KALIPSO

When visiting Rome you should walk around and enjoy the lively daily life. People are very friendly in Rome. You always have a lot of things to do and you never get bored in Rome. An opera concert in an open theatre.

Little Things

by tinyvulture

My husband and I purposely brought a suitcase that was twice the size of what we needed for our clothes, so that we had plenty of room to pack all our little souvenirs. This worked well because then, heading home, we still only had one piece of luggage to manage. Sure you might feel silly wearing sneakers in fashionable Rome, but your feet will thank you. I brought flip-flops that I am very comfortable in at home, but they were impossible to wear in Rome because of the cobblestone streets - you really need shoes with good support. Bring some cute shoes (or buy some there!) but save them for going out at night when you know you will not be walking very far. Our hotel did not provide washcloths or tissue (Kleenex). Also, the soaps were miniscule, so you might want to bring a bar. There was no alarm clock in the room either, and I found it disconcerting to wake up and have no idea what time it was. Oh and bring some Bandaids for your inevitable foot blisters! There was a camera shop (don't recall the name, sorry) at the bottom of the Campidoglio steps where I bought a memory card for my digital camera, for about what it would cost in the US.

Cheap things-maybe not best value

by Turska about Porta portese

This had changed a lot since I was here 17 years ago.There was much more new things-witch weren´t very good value,and much less old things.On the other hand-I saw no thiefs!Last time you couldn´t go through without notising them.We do like these places in some grazy way-I don´t know why.My husband even bought a pair of shorts there-and they are not so bad.I thought I would have bought a cheap summer-skirt,but they weren´t so nice as in Milan fleamarket(where I didn´t buy,because I knew we were coming here..).
If you like to go this kind of places,be careful.Even if we didn´t see any thiefs,I can´t believe,they are totally gone.There was policemen also,so maybe it´s getting better.Area is huge.We were planning to go to some other market as well,but this was enough for one day! You can find antiques there also.There is also some cheap clothes,dishes and other things,if you need something very cheap,and no need to last forever.But there was also for example leather-jackets,witch were very expensive.I´m not sure would I dare to buy hudreds of euros jacket from a market..

An absolute must in Rome

by cheriekacmarcik about Dino and Tony's Hostoria and Pizria

This place has to be on everyone's "must do" list if visiting Rome. If you think you'll get a menu, you're mistaken. Dino and Tony greet you, seat you and other than asking for your choice of drink, it is THEIR night to serve you. The food is a continuous flow of appetizers, pasta dishes, pizza and just about anything else they're cooking up the night you join them. Everything was absolutely wonderful. You eat what they serve you. It is a truly different dining experience and one you should not pass buy. Don't expect a menu and don't expect high prices, but do expect to be entertained, and fed the best food in Rome.

Feeling romantic!

by AlexDJ about Osteria Margutta

If you're looking for a nice roman restaurant in the center of town this is the right place. Osteria Margutta is a bit of a favourite with artists and well known people, in a typical atmosphere that, when you're inside, it's easy to understand the reason why this restaurant is so populated. Try the handmade tortelloni with tomato and basil or the oreccchiette with sausage and broccoli.

Comments