Giulio Cesare 183, Rome, 00100, Italy
Booking.com Travelocity Venere.com

More about Rome

San Carlo alle Quattro FontaneSan Carlo alle Quattro Fontane

me in front of Antoninus Pius and Faustina Templeme in front of Antoninus Pius and Faustina Temple

Temple of Castor + Pollux, May 2007Temple of Castor + Pollux, May 2007

Scooter parking spaces in RomeScooter parking spaces in Rome

Wher to stay in Rome?

by RKH88

Can any one tell me about the Hotel - Best Western Hotel Canada located at Via Vicenza 58, near the Termini?

Re: Wher to stay in Rome?

by abarbieri

Best Western Hotel Canada (70 rooms)
Via Vicenza 58
Tel.+39.06.4457770
info@hotelcanada.com
www.hotelcanadaroma.com

It is a nice 3 star hotel located not far from "Termini" train station. Rooms are not huge but well kept and clean. Staff is also professional and welcoming.

I am surprised to see only one review about it from VT member "myrtle" who stayed there in 2003. But you can read many positive reviews on tripadvisor.com

Another good 3 star hotel in this same area is the following:

Hotel Alpi (48 rooms)
Via Castelfidardo 84
Tel. +39.06.4441235
info@hotelalpi.com
www.hotelalpi.com

I do like both hotels and I would choose just for the better rate.

Regards,
Antonio
www.conciergeinrome.com

Re: Wher to stay in Rome?

by RKH88

Antonio: Thanks for the quick response. Thank you very much for your info.

RKH

Travel Tips for Rome

The Trevi Fountain

by oneonta_ni

We quite liked the Trevi Fountain - it is really beautiful even though it is packed with tourists. We saw people drinking from the fountain and Rome's fountains are supposed to have clean water in them but with the number of people putting their hands in or throwing coins in, I think I would give it a miss. BTW, since the fountain was cleaned recently for the Giubileo, visitors are discouraged from throwing coins in as it can discolour the finish. We, of course, learned this after our visit. Oops. This is another popular hangout for the pickpockets so keep your wits about you as you jostle for a position on the fountain to have your photo taken.

Stop in at any or all of the...

by LizC

Stop in at any or all of the many old churches and admire the most beautiful sculptures, stained glasses, frescoes and paintings. Easiest one to get to is the church on top of the Spanish Steps, I like S. Maria Maggiore close to the Termini it is very beautiful.

Rome by bus

by Escadora7

Most of old Rome can be discovered on foot; however, if you want to visit places that are further apart, the cheapest method of transportation are the buses.

The central bus-station is right outside of Termini, where you can also find the office of the bus-company (ATAC). The web of bus-routes spans all over Rome; after midnight the regular buses stop, but special night-buses will run till the morning hours.

We experienced a ride on a bus during rush-hours, which meant we were squished like sardines, without room to hold on to a handle or something - wasn't really necessary - since we were stacked into the bus so tightly, there wasn't a chance that anybody would topple over.

Tickets are available at all metro-stations, newspaper-stands, some convenience stores, and at the ATAC office. You can buy tickets for the nightbuses directly from the driver. There are several options of tickets:
- Biglietto Integrato a Tempo (BIT). Valid for 75 minutes upon entering the bus. €1.--
- Biglietto Integrato Giornaliero (BIG). Valid for 24 hours. € 4.--
- Carta Integrate Settimanale (CIS). Valid for 1 week. € 16.--
- Abbonamento Mensible. Valid for 1 month. € 30.--

We found the 24-hour ticket to be most useful, since we were in Rome for only 3 days and didn't use the bus each day. This card is aprx. €4.-- per person, per day and is also valid for the metro.

Great food and wonderful staff!

by chelley about Babbos

The service in this restaurant was the best I have had anywhere.
The restaurant manager (Sabrina) runs a very tight ship and is happy to tell you about the food and drink and the menu. She keeps a close eye on every table and if a waiter has so much as missed setting a teaspoon she will have it placed on the table before you have noticed yourself!

When my partner and I ordered only one second course a second plate and knife and fork arrived in case I wanted to "share from my partner's plate". My partner is very talkative and his interest in the food also resulted in a couple of free glasses of grappa at the end of our meal! Try the twirly pasta in pesto genovese. I have never seen so much pesto in one dish! My partner recommends the vegetable soup...

Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls

by ciffone

Saint Paul’s Basilica was beautiful. St Paul was buried at this site, Don’t miss this and you must go during a mass to hear the singing inside. The acoustics in there were phenomenal. We heard them singing and chanting it was like nothing I have ever heard before. We were blown away and late for our tour bus because we couldn't stop listening to it! The church is very beautiful and has interesting historical significance. visit the web site below for more info.

Comments