Kennedy Hotel (Via Filippo Turati 62 64 Lazio )

Via Filippo Turati 62, Rome, Lazio, 00185, Italy

Kennedy Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 13% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Hotel near Termini station Roma

A very small hotel near to the Termini station but located on the other and wrong side away from the main streets / areas so if can not take advantage of the bus stops along the Via Nazional (the main street along which many of the bus routes cover) if you use buses as the main transport thus have to take a 10 minutes walk to the bus terminal.
    The room we had was very small without any space for a desk nor refrigerators and I doubt if it qualifies for a 3 star as claimed.
    Bathroom was clean but always filled with an aweful bad smell (I guess it was due to the piping and ventilation)
    Reception is tiny and some of the staff looks indifference to guests' needs (actually the guy was quite rude at the time of first check-in)
    We had to pay in full at the time of the check-in otherwise the price would change.

Directions: Very near to the Termini station but at the other (wrong) side of the main tourist hotel areas. Quite a lot of Chinese shops look like to be selling or do retail on merchandise likes clothes etc.

• draguza's Profile Photo

Hotel near Termini Station

The bathroom was very small

There was no fridge in the room

The room was very basic

The tv could receive only very few channels

The hall was nice though and the breakfast was good!

We paid 100€ per night

Directions: 100m from Termini Central Station

• Nice find in Rome

Stayed for four days in early March 2007. Good, clean, large room. Great location - one block from main train station/subway, 20 minutes from main sights. New windows eliminated any noise from street problems. Hallways are a little depressing (threadbare carpet), but it is clean. Staff very helpful. Complimentary breakfast is very good. Would definitely stay there again.

Directions: Near main train station

• summerleaf2004's Profile Photo

Nice location, small but clean hotel

I stayed in this 3* hotel on my first visit to Rome and I feel I really made a great choice! The Kennedy Hotel is in a great location, just one block from the Termini station. This is nice because you are right near all the city transport links without being so close that the hotel is surrounded by hundreds of people. Just to the side of the hotel is a little garden which is pleasant because there's not much 'greenery' in the centre of Rome! Our room was tastefully decorated in navy and gold (my university colours!) with a Renaissance style painting above the bed. The room felt what I would describe as 'fresh' since the air conditioning was in perfect working order and I was glad of it because of the heat outside. Kennedy is also opposite a small pasta restaurant where we were delighted to hear the sound of music floating from here into our front facing room one evening. This gave the room a romantic feeling if this is what you're after. I would say the Kennedy would work well for all types of travelling people - couples, singles (maybe not so much families because of the limited space but then one can expect this in every major city around the world!).

The breakfast was continental - croissant, cakes, biscuits, orange juice, coffee, tea etc... very nice. I enjoyed waking up to this and you didn't have to get up early for it either if you had had a late night the evening before! The staff are friendly, although one of them took to teasing me because I had informed him of an alarm going off (???!) - humourous to say the least. They speak clear english if you need them to, although it's always nice to try out the native language if you can. I would recommend staying here for any keen traveller when visiting Rome - clean, tidy and overall impressive.

Unique Quality: Among others things, the location of this hotel is a plus point. No particularly 'awe inspiring' views though.

Directions: Termini train station - near to a small shopping mall 'Upim' and Basillica Santa Maria Maggiore

• Taosmax's Profile Photo

A block from the Termini

The Hotel Kennedy is just a block from the Termini station, but is quiet and very nice. Breakfast is included. We found our stay there to be more than adequate.

• leics's Profile Photo

A perfectly satisfactory base.

Within five minutes walk of Termini, this hotel offers reasonably priced ensuite rooms. It's clean, staff are courteous and accommodating and the breakfast is good (although the breakfast rooms are rather dark and crowded). It's in a good position for sightseeing....S. Maria Maggiore is two minutes away, the Colosseum a 15 minute walk, and there is easy access to buses at P. Cinquecento next to Termini. The area felt perfectly safe, although I must admit I did not walk around late at night.

My room was on the ground floor, facing inwards, so there was no traffic noise. I did need my ear-plugs, though, because there was some sort of generator in the courtyard which hummed all night...but I always sleep with the window open!

Directions: 5 minutes walk from Termini.

• LindaV's Profile Photo

Quality Lodging in Rome...

Hotel Kennedy is a great place to stay when in Rome...the service is top notch! The rooms are quaint and very clean. The hotel is located about a 5 minute walk from the train station and about a 15 minute walk to the Colosseum. The bathrooms also provide all amenities (very important for women travelers!). Along with the amazing site seeing, my experience at this hotel made my visit to Rome even more special!

Unique Quality: Aside from the friendly service (ask for Alfonso; he owns the hotel) it also provides great breakfasts, restaurant and site seeing tips as well. I would definately stay at this hotel on my next visit to Rome! For additional pictures of Hotel Kennedy visit my travelog titled "Hotel Kennedy."

Directions: 5 minute walk from train station

More about Kennedy Hotel (Via Filippo Turati 62 64 Lazio )

Convenient place to stay

We stayed at the Kennedy this past May while touring Italy. While the room was nothing spectacular, it served its purpose as a place to sleep and shower. The breakfast is just as advertised-continental-but the staff was pleasant. The staff did help book some great tours for us while we were there. They also stored our luggage on the last day of our visit due to our tour ending after checkout time. The hotel is near the train station (3 minute walk with luggage), but my sister and I didn't feel as if our safety was compromised. We were able to walk back to the hotel late at night during the weekend due to the number of people around and the nightlife in the area. Overall, we had a pleasant stay in Rome and would return to the city and the hotel.

great price, nice rooms, ?location

Just came back from Rome. This hotel was booked through a BA offer and the price was exceptional. Includes a nice breakfast with coffee and capacino made to order. Room was of average size, clean, well kept and nicely decorated. The staff is wonderfully helpful and actually go out of their way to assist their guests. Its only problem is the location, near Termini. Safe, but not pretty. Worst, was the trash pick up outside our window every night at 2am when the sanitation engineers do their best to be as loud as they can. Also, the restuarant selection in walking distance is pitiful for the most part although there are a couple of exceptions. But if value for the US$ is most important, this is the place, besides taxis are cheap.

Hotel Kennedy Staff with J.R. (in middle)Hotel Kennedy Staff with J.R. (in middle)

Hotel Astoria Garden - single rooms?

by Pau365

Hi,

Has anyone experienced the single rooms in the Astoria Garden near Termini?

I've booked there but later read a comment that they're really incredibly small and just not worth it - in that case I would book another hotel.

Does anyone happen to have stayed in one? What are they really like?

Thanks!

by NorCal08

Can't speak to the Astoria, but I found the Hotel Kennedy near Termini to be a good baragain with clean, decent rooms, although small as well. You can find it at www.hotelkennedy.net.

by leics

The Domus hotel is lovely too....very friendly & helpful, quiet (amazingly), convenient, proper bread at breakfast (not factory produced stuff).

www.domushotel.com

by leics

I meant bread/rolls/croissants etc not pre-packed in plastic, as is so often the way in Italian hotels.

by Pau365