La Campanella B&B

Via Tommaso Campanella 3, Rome, 00195, Italy

More about Rome

Gated Madonna grotto at Palazzo IncontroGated Madonna grotto at Palazzo Incontro

Inside the ColosseumInside the Colosseum

Michelangelo figure at Palazzo SenatorioMichelangelo figure at Palazzo Senatorio

TiramisuTiramisu

outlets in rome ?

by grilias

hello everyone! we visited florence 4 months ago and your tips were more than helpfull!!! thanks a lot! me and my wife literally felt in love with italy so we are going to rome at 1st of april. does anybody know where can we find outlets for brands like : miss sixty , diesel , replay , rare , nolita ? we would be thankfull if someone could find some time to answer us. thanks and ...keep traveling!!

by craic

i didn't go to rome to shop so i am sorry - i can't help you

by BlueLlama

The first includes a list of shops.

I haven't been there, but it's in the same chain as one I've visited numerous times outside Milan. That place has a great Diesel shop.

I've never seen a Nolita outlet store, but look out for specialist jeans shops (jeanserie!) - they often have massive bargains, especially on pairs from the previous season.

by katlady5000

There is also the Fashion District Valmontone this is just outside of Rome.
Castel Romano outlet that someone else talked about is also outside of Rome. Here is a link to Valmontone.

Travel Tips for Rome

PIAZZA DI SPAGNA e SPANISH STEPS!

by Krystynn

Make a beeline to the most exciting square in all of Rome - the PIAZZA DI SPAGNA dominated by the enthralling SPANISH STEPS.

If you want to enjoy a truly international atmosphere, then this is THE place for you! Ideal for people-watching, the Spanish Steps and Piazza di Spagna take their names from the Spanish Embassy located in the hour-glass shaped Piazza.

If you come in Spring (like I did... on my very first visit to Rome), you'd be able to catch beautiful azaleas covering this whole area. Er... I don't mean to complain (really) but the siesta time in Rome really drove me nuts.

I mean, major shops and high fashion boutiques like Gucci, Ferragamo, Prada etc are closed from 1 pm to at least 5 pm!

So, how can a fashionista ever hope to replenish her wardrobe?

Well, in my opinion, there is really nothing much you can do when the shops are closed during those hours.

Why don't you follow me i.e. what I'd do when I'm in Rome and when almost all the shops are closed in the afternoons? I usually try to occupy my time during those hours when I can't shop by going for High Tea or... like the Romans, I take my siesta too! ;-)

Hm, now I truly appreciate and understand where the phrase 'When in Rome, do as the Romans do!'....

I only consider the Trevi...

by TerryP

I only consider the Trevi Fountain 'off the beaten path' because we almost didn't find it :) I guess we should have just followed the crowd. It is a huge tourist attraction.
I heard a couple versions, but I think it goes toss a coin over your shoulder, first to ensure your return to Rome, toss another coin (for luck/to find love in Rome). Not sure which is the right version. People were all around the Fountain but I only saw one other person throw their coin in. From what I read, all Italian Lira goes toward the city and all foreign currency goes to the Red Cross.

from Termini....!

by siso010

from Termini almost you can go everywhere in Rome.
just go there there is information for tourist ask them how to go to ....... and they will tell you.
some examples
Coliseum : Bus 175
Piazza Venezia : Bus 175
Vatican : Metro Line A
Saint Anglo: Metro Line A
Panatheon : Bus 175

and many many.......

Good value in tourist area

by illumina about Angelino ai Fori

Just down the road from the Colosseum, on the way to the Imperial Fora is this hosteria and pizzeria, with a partly covered terrace, and leafy trellises surrounding it. A very nice, thin crust, pizza can be had from 4.50 euros, although a half litre of beer costs more than the pizza!
They get very busy at lunchtime, so there's a bit of a wait for your order to be taken, but they do try to get to you as quickly as possible. They speak English very well, but obviously appreciate it when you try Italian.
Very good value considering it's location. Pizza Margherita - simple, but very good, with fresh basil leaves.

A Step Back

by huwhit

The Colosium is truly incredible. You've seen it in the movies, reconstructed in Gladiator, heard about it, dreamt about it.

Guess what - it is all true - most of it still stands today. With supporting walls built in the 1960's to stop the whole thing falling down, if you go to Rome without going to the Colosium, you are crazy.

Invest in a tour of the site, but be wary of some operators - just keep your wits about you.

It really is incredible - the steps on the way out of the Colosium were tilited foward to literally "force" the people out so that the whole palce could be emptied quickly.

It is facts such as this that reinfoce the need for a credible guide - it is all so interesting.

Comments