Le Suite di via Catone

Via Catone 16, Rome, 00192, Italy
Le Suite di via Catone
Booking.com Hotels.com Venere.com

More about Rome

Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri: interiorSanta Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri: interior

In MemoriamIn Memoriam

FENDI shopFENDI shop

The fountain by nightThe fountain by night

Choosing a Tour Company in Rome

by Vasea6

Hi. I have been researching tour comapanies in Rome and I am trying to figure out which one to use. The biggest one that came up for search results is viator but it seems to be a third man company and they don't even give tours. They seem to be a booking service for other companies. I have seen angel tours, context tours and presto tours. has anyone used any of these?
thanks. any suggestions?

by travelgourmet

Some limousine companies offer tours as well. One I have used is Romalimo. Ask for Sandro (great english speaker). Sandro is one of the owners as well and was a great help to my wife and I while in Rome. See website: www.romalimo.com

by Meg_nanako

Is there really a need to join tour companies in Rome when every tourist sight is also accessible by Metro and the buses. At most famous tourist spots such as the colosseum, you can sign up for their one-hr tour for a small fee.
And for the Trevi Fountain, it's free. Just go grab a tour book and read up on most of the sights.

by travelgourmet

Of course the best tour is the one you walk at your own pace. The next best for local Roman sites is the Roma110bus (on and off) all day for one price,but for inside tours of sites and out-of-the-way tours, I still found Romalimo the best and Sandro, co-owner/driver, very informative and fun to be with.

by glo39

Good luck.

by M2swim

"I used Angel Tours for the Vatican on a recent trip. I wouldn't recommend them either and they seemed to be scorned by the other tour guides. Best to get a good guide book and enter through the Vatican Museum then the Sistine and finish w/St. Peter's and go at your own pace.
Good luck"

I can't agree with this statement at all. We were there this past Saturday morning - a complete zoo. Any tour company can get you in front of the line. On Saturday, the line was probably 1/2 mile long at opening time of 10 a.m. We bypassed all of these people (worth the 40 euros not to have to wait in line) and they started lining up by 7:00 a.m. Some of the touring companies used little intercom systems and others used an obnoxious loudspeaker but I say no problems with Angel Tours. That Saturday, they were ordaining new bishops in St. Peter's Basilica, closing the Basilica down until after 2:30 in the afternoon. Angel Tours offered to meet back up with us after the Basilica opened back up. I doubt that any other tour groups had that offered to them!

As for being scourned by other touring companies, we didn't see that either. Our guides actually let other tour groups ahead of us so they wouldn't have to work their way through the 4 different small groups in our tour.

Swimmin' M

Travel Tips for Rome

STROLL AROUND PIAZZA NAVONA

by STEFZAMM

A local custom for Romans and Tourists is to stroll around Piazza Navona by night, eating in one of the outdoor Restaurants, having an ice cream or a coffee in one of the Cafe's while admiring the lit up fountains or listening to the street singers or watching the oil painters who can capture all that beauty in their paintings.

Juliet's balcony?

by Sarita76

This nice place is located near San Martino ai Monti and it really made me feel like in Verona, in a "Romeo And Juliet" scene... To be true, this building is Palazzo Borgia and is located in Via Cavour.

Traffic lights are a suggestion

by tvor

Cabs in Rome, well all cars really, are small. There are taxi ranks which are the best place to catch a cab as there are rogue drivers out there. You can ask how much it will cost to get to a certain place before you get in.

Four of us took a taxi to St. Peter's Square one morning and the journey was like a Disney thriller ride! The cab driver swooped in and out of traffic, just like all the other drivers, and then got in to a hollering match with a well dressed man on a scooter. We did pick up a few handy Italian insults to keep in mind for future use LOL! In the end the scooter driver spit over his shoulder at the cab driver with a few hand gestures but the wind caught him and it landed all over his nice leather jacket. We all were in puddles of laughter over that.

It was, i think, a typical cab journey but other journeys we took were less eventful. A cab ride from the hotel in an outlying area of rome to the center was at the time 24,000 Lira which was about $24 Canadian at the time. It's now all euros so i can't say what the prices would be like now.

Fabulous Food and Great Staff

by Lindaemead about La Barca Ristorante

Of all the restaurants near the Vatican, this is without a doubt the best. You are treated like royalty from the moment you enter. The food is prepared with a passion for flavor. The staff acts as if you are a valued customer rather than an annoyance (unlike most of the other restaurants in the area) This quiet and very romantic place was perfect for my husband and my thirtieth anniversary dinner. The portions are very large and well prepared. It is a little more expensive than any of the other restaurants that we ate at, but the food was well worth every single cent. If you want the best of Italian food, La Barca is THE place. My husband and I ate here twice, but we did not have anything that was not perfectly prepared and absoluty delish. Enjoy everything; we did.

The Spanish Steps

by uglyscot

One has heard so much about the Spanish Steps that it was a bit of a surprise at Easter to find the central portion covered in flowers with just a passage way on either side for you to climb up. to the Church of Trinita de Sanctis.
To see the steps in their full glory, I'd advise going in September.
And don't forget the Fountain of the Boat, a lovely piece of work by Pietro Bernini.

Comments