Le Tre Suites

Via delle Tre Madonne 6, Rome, 00197, Italy
AMOMA.com Despegar.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Rome

Hercules, Hall of Busts, Vatican Museums, 05/07Hercules, Hall of Busts, Vatican Museums, 05/07

the tiny store at nightthe tiny store at night

Palazzo Spada, facade detail, Roma, May 2007Palazzo Spada, facade detail, Roma, May 2007

Italian Garden Style, Vatican Gardens, May 2007Italian Garden Style, Vatican Gardens, May 2007

Roma card AND archeologia card?

by oslocairo

Hi!

I'm a bit confused. I want to see museums,archaeological sites and as many other sites as possible, and want to do so the cheapest way possible. I'm going to try not to skip anything.

Do these two cards overlap? Will I save money by buying the two or should I just buy one? Getting the free transportation doesn't really matter since I will be walking most of the time.

I noticed the Roma card is good for 3 days. So I guess the smart thing to do is plan on 3 days in a row for the roma card sites, then do the archaeologia card sites on other days?

HELP!

Thanks!

Re: Roma Pass AND archaeologia card?

by thirstytraveller

I'd go with Roma Pass rather than Archaeologia Card since they do overlap - for example, both include Colosseo, Palatino and Foro Romano. I don't think you'd visit all the Archaeologia Card sites anyway - there's just so much more to see in Rome. Most of the Archaeologia Card sites are the ones off the beaten path, anyway. I didn't use either of the cards, though, because I bought a 7-day transport ticket and separate tickets for sites, but I gained from reductions for EU citizens.

Re: Roma card AND archeologia card?

by oslocairo

Thanks Thristytraveller! I think you are right. I want to save money and it seems like the Roma card is best for that.

Travel Tips for Rome

RX Pharmacy in Rome -

by icunme

Can you fill a prescription in Rome - YES, you can - at the Vatican Pharmacy. With a few simple steps:

1. Facing St Peter's Basilica from the Piazza - walk right through the columns to Via di Porta Angelica (photo 2) - on the left-hand side of Via di Porta Angelica you will see the VATICAN CITY gate with the Swiss Guard (photo 1)- walk up the SIDEWALK on the right - show the guard your prescription and ask for permission to visit the "farmacia." (far-ma-chee'-a)

2. Once inside Vatican City, walk directly ahead to the PERMISSIONS office ("Ufficio Permessi" photo 3) on the right.

3. Present your ID AND the prescription - U.S. driver's license or passport - you will receive a VISITOR'S BADGE - scan that badge on the exit portal - exit and turn right - walk ahead and make the first right - you will see the Pharmacy cross on the building on the left

4. Once inside the pharmacy - present your prescription to an English speaking pharmicist and they will be happy to help you.
Prices for everything you see there are so much less expensive than the regular Rome pharmacies and/or markets, so take advantage of your presence and purchase whatever you need in the way of sundries, cosmetics, swiss chocolate, etc. Unfortunately, you will not be permitted to purchase goods in the Supermarket across the street as that is only for Vatican City employees.

5. Exit and return to the Permissions Office to turn in your badge and retrieve your ID.

Cats Sanctuary of Largo Argentina

by gmg61

Just imagine one of the most important archaeological sites of Rome, you lean out to see better....and see dozens of cats! They lie lazily on the old stones and enjoy the sun, or just chase each other and have fun. They are the cats rescued by some volunteers who also take care of tem and rely on charity to go on with their work. They do a great job because not only rescue all the abandoned cats (even if it?s forbidden to abandon them, and it?s clearly stated on a poster) but give them any kind of medical treatment they would need and castrate them.
The sell small cats related items and organise guided tours of the area with info about both, the archaeological site and the cats.

Plenty of choice

by AstrOlga about Testaccio

Testaccio is a big popular quarter of Rome, south west downtown, and there's a street there where you can find plenty of clubs of all kinds of music: rock, house, latino. It's all in this street, one place aside the other. For all tastes! Anything

Ferrara in Trastevere

by Twinsurf about Enoteca Ferrara

This charming restaurant in Trastevere has a wine bar upstairs which boasts some of the best selection of Italian wines I have sampled. The decor is elegant and yet not pretentious, the staff extremely competent and fluent in english (not just in pleasantries but in food/wine lingo has well). Dinner is a very pleasurable experience, but reservations should be made in advance and credit cards should be carried. Still the wine bar (open 18.00 to close) offers a wide selections of tasteful snacks/antipasti which are complementary and allow you not to feel too lightheaded after 2 glasses of Chianti. Desserts Desserts Desserts . Altough to be fair I do have a sweet tooth. The fish courses are also artfully prepared and very fresh.

The heart of Ancient Rome

by monica71

I have to admit that Roman Forum and its view from Capitol Hill was my favorite spot in Rome. I knew that this place was the host of all the main temples and halls of justice. I also knew that this was the political, religious and commercial center of the city, but nothing, in all the readings that I have done prior to my trip to Rome, prepared me for the surprise and the wonderful feeling I had once I laid my eyes on this site. My mind started to wonder and my imagination to run wild while I was walking the streets of this jewel and I was listening to the audio guide that I downloaded from Rick Steve's web site before leaving Chicago.

There is so much to do and to see here and you should plan your visit accordingly. You also need to make sure that you wear comfortable shoes (sneakers are best!) as streets are uneven and rocky. You will find several fountains scattered all over the place with really good water, just in case you get thirsty or you need to refill your water bottle (in case you carry one, like I always do).

Regardless of the bad weather (rainy, windy and cold most of the time of our visit), we ended up spending close to 4 hours visiting the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill and I still feel that I could have easily spent more time here. We had to make sure, though, that we had time to visit the Colosseum also during the same day since we decided to buy the Roma Card and this gave us admission to these sites for 1 day only. There are some advantages if you buy the Roma Card, so do your homework and decide if it's better to get the card or to get the individual ticket from the site.

The ticket (if you buy it from the ticket booth) costs 11 Euros and it gives you admission to Roman Forum, Palatine Hill and Colosseum for 2 consecutive days, one entry per site. If you decide to buy the ticket from one of the sites, then make sure you buy it from the Roman Forum entrance instead of the Colosseum. The lines are much shorter here and I think it is a good strategy to visit Roman Forum and Palatine Hill before going to the Colosseum.

My favorite things that we saw here: Caligula's Palace, the forum Main Square, Temple of Saturn and the House of Vestal Virgins.

Comments