Les Chambres D'Or

Via Dei Gracchi 32, Rome, Lazio, 00192, Italy
Les Chambres d'Or Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com Venere.com

More about Les Chambres D'Or

Most fabulous little hotel in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member Jozi

We arrived in the pouring rain at 10 pm at night with baby, pram(buggy) and a ton of luggage and were met promptly by one of the staff with an umbrella. The room was delightful but the bathroom, the size of a closet, was tiny for two adults and a baby. Sitting sideways on the toilet does not appeal.Apparently not all the bathrooms are that size. The downside was that when our neighbours went to the bathroom we could hear their extractor fan as if it was in our room, problematic because our neighbours went to the loo in the middle of the night quite often! Our lights would glow as well when thier extractor fan was on even though we switched it off, freaky. Breakfast was ok the first day but by the third we'd had enough of pastries and were suffering from bacon and egg withdrawal. We didn't mind the lack of reception since receptions are overrated anyway, the staff were handy and could make taxi bookings for us quite easily, and each room has a phone to contact them anyway.The location was absolutely PERFECT!

Fantastic little hotel in great location.

by TripAdvisor Member GEORGE&BELLA

Spent a fabulous 3 nights in this superb little hotel when my wife & I visited Rome to celebrate our joint 50th birthdays accompanied by a couple of friends.
Literally 5 mins walk from the Vatican Museum & St Peter's Basilica, this place could not be better situated for anyone visiting this fantastic (albeit very busy) city.
Lovely rooms & superb friendly service from the staff of the Cafe Rendezvous across the road which served as reception as well as where to have breakfast during our stay.
I cannot recommend this hotel more strongly as THE PLACE TO STAY if you are loooking for friendly service and a family run atmosphere.
I have stayed in hotels in many countries as well as in the UK, and this one is certainly one of the best mid-budget I have had the pleasure of visiting.
LOOK NO FURTHER IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR A HOTEL TO STAY IN IN ROME!
Kevin Hayes, Cramlington, UK

Great little hotel, spacious rooms, personable service, excellent location

by TripAdvisor Member vginzbourg

we booked this hotel through laterooms. we got their only triple room and it was very spacious (especially for Italy), location is just great - near Vatican, 5 min walk from taxi and bus and 10 min max to the metro (6 quick stops to vatican). we took taxi to msot attractions and it wasn't too expensive either. Tourist buses stop right next to the Vatican as well, so it was a nice bonus for the location. There is also a nice totally local market right nearby (turn left when leave hotel, it's on the opposite side of the street a couple of blocks down). hotel is located on one of residential building's floors (as typical in italy). building is pretty nice, room was good, morning breakfast was good as far as italy goes and location can't be beat! - they also helped us to get a cab (took forever though and arrived with turned on meter as they usually do in Italy) and kept our bags for an extra day since we needed to leave Rome and then come back and pick them up. I The building is really secure.Reception is actually a restaurant across the street and 'hotel' has no hotel amenities as we think about here in US but if you are looking for a good value in the middle of the city yet quiet and spacious - this is a good bet!

Quite simply, the BEST!

by TripAdvisor Member JamesJM

If there exists a more courteous, helpful, or friendly staff on this planet you'll have to prove it to me. Chambres D'Or made our visit to Rome the highlight of our trip to Europe.

Add the fact that the location could not be better, the rooms sparkling clean, and the breakfast delicious and Chambres D'Or was the best hotel my family has stayed in anywhere.

For those seeking gyms, swimming pools, etc, it's probably not the place.. for those seeking a "feel more at home than actually being home" visit then this is the place. - JamesJM

Simply the best

by TripAdvisor Member barringtons

Our visit to Rome was organised by our 3 children has a christmas present, we had been to Rome before so we knew what it had to offer, what we had not done before was to stay at the Chambres D,Or. This hotel is a revelation, the room we were given was spot on, the breakfast was 5* +, and then there was the staff, they must own the place, we have never come across a more dedicated team striving to give their guests a memorable holiday with their attentiveness to detail, always welcoming and friendly.
We will stay here again on our next visit to Rome, and have already recommended the hotel to 3 couples who are planning a visit.
We wish everyone at the Chambres every success, you certainly deserve it, keep up the good work.

Hotel from hell

by TripAdvisor Member philia17

Extremely disappointed with this Hotel. 2nd and 3rd floor of a building that looks anything but like a hotel. Disasterous experience: Air-conditioning wasn't working. Wanted to change room. Had booked for week. Manager was rude beyond belief - told me if I wasn't happy with room, I could leave. Had come from New York and was in no mood to go searching for another place. Then he wouldn't let me back in. It's taken me this long to get over the horrible treatment and write this review. Last straw was I was charged for first night even though the reservation wasn't honored. Thankfully I booked with American Express and they refunded amount.

Pleasant stay, great staff

by TripAdvisor Member Rodski

This is a pleasant hotel with very friendly staff. When we arrived there was nothing on the hotel to tell visitors to call at the cafe across the road. Fortunately I had read on this site that we should do that. The girl at reception was very friendly and took us to our room that was in another building across the road. The room was small but had everything we needed and was clean and tidy.
Breakfast was a cold buffet with a limited selection but what there was was very nice.
If your main reason for going to Rome is to visit the Vatican then this is the place to stay as it's only about 400 metres away. The downside is that there is not a great selection of bars and restaurants in the area and those there are do not look particularly inviting.
On our first night we travelled into another area on the metro but when we came to return it had closed and it was only 10.30pm which meant a taxi ride back.
However, that is the only criticism I would have as the facilities, price and friendliness of the staff made up for it. I would recommend the hotel, which for a large city had good facilities at a reasonable price but just be aware of the location.

Pretty good

by TripAdvisor Member Aussieson2ur

My wife and I spent a few nights there in Feb 07. The room was good (could've been a bit bigger but remember this is Italy!) and the staff were excellent, very helpful and accommodating. In fact my arrival in Rome was delayed by 24 hours and the staff looked after my wife brilliantly. Breakfast was typically European - cereals, bread, cheese, salami, croissants and coffee - and was more than enough to get you started. Very good and would have no hesitation in returning.

Grant and Carol
Sydney, Australia

our family loved it, we stayed in march 2000 jubilee year, it was new and fantas

by TripAdvisor Member Bartameous

Our family loved this slice of heaven. In a world of subpar hotel rooms, this is simply spectacular. Clean neat and very european but big enough for these Houstonians.

Bart Grinstead

A remarkable little hotel...that lets you live like a Roman for a few days

by TripAdvisor Member Hackpiper

This is an outstanding little hotel in the European tradition. Fine accomodations: simple, clean, and comfortable. (Our room in mid-March
2007 was in a fine old building with a delightful courtyard behind two enormous wooden doors.) Excellent breakfasts!. The cappuccino was the best we had in all of Italy (truly) and the food was fresh and delicious. The young, energetic staff know their business (led by Sam, the manager)...they speak decent English (and some other languages I noticed), really attend to their guests, and are exceptionally helpful. The location is - in my view - the best in Rome; near the Vatican and in a wonderful urban neighborhood. We felt that were, for a few days, living like genuine Romans. We will definitely use it as our base if we are again in Rome.

Even now I'm imagining myself sitting out on a sidewalk table in the crisp Rome Spring morning...savoring one of those light pastries, sipping that amazing cappuccino and pondering life. This hotel is a real find! Book early.

Comments