Luciani Hotel

Booking.com Venere.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• June.b's Profile Photo

Baside the Termini station, period.

Took the aeroport bus to the Termini and found the hotel easy. First, there were a lot of youths sitting and lying on the floor of the 2 or 3 steps entrance of the old building that looks like a tenement to me.

Went up the 2 flight of stairs. The asian staff were friendly, though there's a lady who I've heard wants to cancel her reservation talking to the receptionist. I immediately got my key to the room, it's on the second floor by stairs. The corridor was clean and then the room - very small as in really small maybe 2 meters X 2.5 meters or less, juz enough to fit in a single bed and a cabinet. The tv up on the wall, below it is a small table and a chair juz at the back of the door.

The small toilet/shower inside the room is connected without door nor curtain so everytime I sleep I could see it from my bed. And if I take a shower I have to be extra careful that the water may not spill all over the room. Fixtures are somewhat old-style or juz old. The room has a window overlooking the inside of the building laundry hanging from some windows, unpleasant view so it's better to close the curtains.

IIn fairness, the nice asian staff at the hotel are super friendly and tried hard to make the place clean and pleasant. Though coming from other european cities and stayed at budget hotels - this is by far the worst and the most expensive, ok the hotel that I've stayed in Amsterdam is EUR5 more expensive than this one, BUT that one was a 000 miles better, in fact I love that place.

Plus I've got feasted by mosquitoes prompting me to choose between moving to another hotel and forget about the non-refundable prepayment and spend some more on another? OR my wiser decision since I only have 1 night left in the city - bought a body spray mosquito repellant that I never stopped spraying every 2 hours waking up.

The room rate was EUR50/night including a small breakfast, booked through Booking.com

I think this is how it goes in Rome - an amazing place that makes up for the expensive accommodation.

Will I recommend Luciani Hotel? For the location yes, for the room NO. For a night Yes, more NO. For the facilities NO - for the extra-caring staff YES. Overall - up to you after reading the above.

Directions: Beside the Termini train station.

Comments