Rome Hotels

Our Members Say

• gwened profile photo gwened
  • Reviews: 4113

Thats amore holiday 2: apartments by nomentano

This was a recomm from an Italian friend and was booked with them, the facilities are top notch, clean spacious, and the service on time and good always. We spent two weeks here and it felt like home.

The area is in the district of Nomentana, nearest metro B Bologna is about 13 minutes walking or take the bus 445,310 to the piazza di Bologna, there take more buses like the 62 to see Rome or the metro Bologna, great connection and living like a Roman.

The apartment is on a first floor european or 2fl American, there is an elevator, and double lock doors. The inside has two bedrooms with full bathrooms each, plus a kitchen ,dining room area. Full premium TV channels with free wifi internet. Breakfast is included in the price brought to you every 3 days or so. linen change once per week additional at 24€ per week; there is no deposit if guaranteed with bank card.

the rooms are big, the facilities sparkling clean and it comes with all supplies of utensils , cooking pots, lavazza coffee maker, etc loaded.

we rent apartment when going with family and it is a blessing, this one is highly recommended . they have other apartments smaller in the same district.

AC rooms, full breakfast and kitchen provided with clothes washer and dish washer. very private and residential area, close to transports and easy on and off the the expressway beltweay by Bologna or San Giovanni.nice views over the square from all windows.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written August 25, 2013

entrance to apartment

• Hildeal profile photo Hildeal
  • Reviews: 322

Pop in Hostel: I will never pop in again

Pop in hostel takes the prize for being the worst hostel I've ever been to.

If you just want a cheap hostel, just a bed, have no intention to chat with other travellers, prefer a dry and old croissant and a coffee as a good breakfast and don't mind listening to loud rap music this could be an ok place, but I didn't like it, I just had to get out of there as soon as hell. I was supposed to stay there for three nights, but just couldn't stay there one more night I, would rather have slept in the termini station.

Another traveller i met just turned away after seeing the hostel inside " Oh my Gosh this is Africa" she said and went for another place to live.

The owners of the place are rude, there were strange people hanging out and smoking in the small main room with the staff (they looked like junkies or just someone who just lived on the street), and this is a non smoking hostel.
they offer breakfast, but it's nothing more that a dry croissant and a coffe. There's no kitchen there,so you're not able to make your own food.

On the positive side is the location near to the train station, and the place is very clean.

They have two computers which you can use for free , I had so much problems with the slow computers and the keyboard that I went down to the internet cafe at the corner of the street and ordered my plane tickets there for two euroes.

They wanted 250 Euro for three nights in a single room, and 110 for three nights in a room shared with two other women. They don't have bunk beds, so there's not place to hide . they only accept kash, and want to know your credit card number before arriving to make sure that you're able to pay for your stay.

This was a very bad experience bur maybe i just have to lower my expectations?

• Related to: Budget Travel, Singles
  • Written September 16, 2012
Tip Photo

• anilpradhanshillong profile photo anilpradhanshillong
  • Reviews: 530

Guest House Masterintrastevere: Cozy B&B in Trastevere

The B&B, ‘Guest House Masterintrastevere’, was a neat and clean affair. It was a largish room with an attached toilet. The room had A/C, a fridge, a large blower, TV and free wi-fi. Breakfast was in a coffee shop across the road and consisted of tea or coffee and a croissant. Not much but a deal at the price we were paying in high tourist season, Euro 480/- for six nights, inclusive of VAT but exclusive of Euro 2/- per person per night, City Tax. It’s other plus points were easy accessibility to Tram No. 8 that took barely 10-minutes to Largo Argentina, closeness to two bus stops, walking distance from a well-stocked provisions store (‘Simply’) and barely 500 metres from Rome Trastevere Station.

The room was on the ground floor of an adjacent building but within the Guest House Complex. This wing had three other rooms. However, the main building had five big rooms, perhaps meant for larger families.

When you check in, you are handed over three keys – one for the main gate, one for the adjacent building and one for your room. After a full day of trudging over places where Roman quadrigas used to whiz past or after a night of revelry, these three keys sure look alike!

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 27, 2012

• Jonimo profile photo Jonimo

Hostel Montestella: Bed Bugs

BED BUG! At first the room seemed clean. After the first night in the hostel, I woke up with some bites. The symptoms was not clear so we decided to stay. After the second night I woke up with abt 50 bites all over my body! The staff told us there were no other room so we didnt really sleep all night and caught abt 10 bugs in one night! Finally we moved to another clean hostel. Now i dont know how long those scars will stay. I dont understand why the hostel didnt refund us all past nights...

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 15, 2012

Bites!

• eleonorrigby profile photo eleonorrigby
  • Reviews: 15

Relais La Maison De Lux BB: good location, peace a quiet place

The hotel is well situated near the Termini train station, in about 15 minutes walking, not far from Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore. It is located on the top floor of a historic building, with the old-time elevator. Our room was a good size, enough for three adults. Good furniture, large bathroom, good working air conditioner.
The windows looked out into the yard, and in our case it was a brilliant, because that night coincided with the victory of the Italian national team in the semifinals of the World Cup, so Italians celebrated till the night!
However thanks to thick shutters and windows to the inner yard we were able to completely cut off the noise and sleep well before our flight.

Air conditioning was working properly, it must be said that he was well-located - at the entrance to the room above the door to the bathroom. Bathroom also is a good size, with hydro massage shower. You can use a set of personal hygiene items - shampoo, gel, shower cap, nail-file, cotton pads. Everything is very clean, lots of light and mirrors. There are safe and minibar in the room. 2 bottles of water and 2 cans of soft drinks are free. In general, I liked that there is the opportunity to make a tea or Coffey at any time, using the machine in lobby. Breakfast is good - yogurt, fruit, ham, baked goods, tea, coffee. Perhaps the only complaint- is unpleasant step in the room at the boundary between the bathroom and room. You should always remember about it to prevent falling. Especially at night when being awake you don't think about any steps. To the credit of the hotel, the step illuminated by an ultraviolet light, you should just do not forget the lights turn on at night. (There are several switches on the wall, including those from this back-light)

Free Internet access, Wi-Fi is working well, the speed is good.

P.S.
You should remember about two more nuances:
1. Do not forget to close all the doors of the elevator, otherwise, no one can use it after you.
2. Do not put the suitcases on the leather upholstery of the furniture in the room. (This is written in the memo, which lies on a table in the room)

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Arts and Culture, Museum Visits, Business Travel
  • Written August 4, 2012

Reception

• riorich55 profile photo riorich55
  • Reviews: 667

Sweet Vatican Guest House: Small B & B Near the Vatican

This was actually one of the things we did like about Rome. The Sweet Vatican Guest House was very nice, within steps of the Ottaviano Red Line Metro station and just a few block walk to the St. Peter's Square and the Vatican. We arrived via a private car ride from the airport so that we could get directly to the bed and breakfast without having to lug our luggage from the airport to the train and then to the metro and down the street. It was a good decision on our part. The 45 Euro ride for 2 was well worth it.

Our driver rang the bell, unloaded our luggage and we made our way up to the 2nd floor where we sat down with the young lady as she gave us our key, took our passport information, showed us around the kitchen area and then took us to our room and showed us everything within it.

I've got 5 pictures posted here including our room, view, front entrance and breakfast.

The room was very nice indeed. Large comfortable bed, very nice wood floor, plenty of space for our luggage, a desk, private bathroom, air conditioning, plasma TV.

The bathroom had an excellent shower with a nice surface where you could actually rub your feet against the bottom and give yourself a foot massage, which I did on several occasions. There was also a heated towel rack (love those).

The view from the second floor was to the street below (via Ottaviano). We kept the window and shutters open during the day and evening when we were in the room, but did close them at night as the noise from the city street below was a bit noisy (big city noise).

The breakfast area was nicely laid out and for all hours of the day you could got into the refrigerator and grab yourself anything to drink. There were also a number of snacks also included. There are 3 other rooms so you do share with others. The breakfast in the morning consisted of hot drinks, home made cakes, yoghurt, cheese, meats, juices. If you left the breakfast meal hungry it was your own fault.

The facility has another 4 rooms downstairs which are called St. Peter's Guest House. The Sweet Vatican Rooms were recently renovated (about 4 weeks before our stay). The charge for our 3 night stay was 420 Euros. They did give a 20 Euro cash discount.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written June 10, 2012

Our Room

• painterdave profile photo painterdave
  • Reviews: 663

Torre Rossa Park Hotel: Cheap Quiet Clean Safe Hotel

This hotel has some connection with the Vatican. The rooms have been converted from rooms used by nuns, and they are small. Don't expect a fancy television, or expensive drapery. This is a room for a person who wants to sleep in a quiet setting, near a bus route, yet be clean. I had a room with a single bed, closet and window looking onto a garden. There is a restaurant there, but I did not use it.
This is not a "romantic" hotel for newlyweds, just a place for budget minded travellers. In fact, I usually take photos of the hotels in which I stay, but I was not moved to do so.

This trip to Rome, I did not need a fancy room, I just needed a place where I could leave my things while I went out to paint. I think that they have larger rooms for families, and I saw a tour bus arriving with people, so I know this place is used by tour companies.
Everything is well painted and kept up.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Family Travel, Singles
  • Written June 8, 2012

• beejay421 profile photo beejay421
  • Reviews: 3

Hotel Corallo, Rome: Great Little Hotel Close to Termini

The Hotel Corallo is a great little hotel. It is a short walk from Termini, very clean and reasonable. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. It is within walking distance to the historic district and close to the Metro and the bus station at Termin. Some of the rooms have small balconies and the breakfast room has an adjoining terrace for warm weather. The breakfast is typically Roman/Italian with rolls, pastries, juice and choice of coffee or tea. We have stayed there many times and whenever we go back we receive a warm welcome from the staff. Hotel Corallo - Via Palestro 44, Rome, 00185, Italy

Spotless, reasonable, close to sights of Rome, close to Termini and transportation.

• Related to: Arts and Culture
  • Written February 5, 2012

• fabiosc profile photo fabiosc

Ambar B&B: Great place in Rome

Beautiful bed & breakfast near St.Peter. Rooms are clean and totally equipped, good position, and low prices!

Cleaning
Kindness
Large rooms
Air conditioning
Great breakfast

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written January 23, 2012
Tip Photo

• juliannabanana profile photo juliannabanana

Hotel Torino: Not 4 stars, no way

My room was tiny -- maybe 7 feet by 10 feet. No place to put my suitcase, barely enough room to turn around. Had to close bathroom door to open door into the hall. There are about 6 rooms of this size on each floor, according to the hotel map. The staff was uncooperative when I asked to move.

The room was shabby, too.

Ugh.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written September 27, 2011

• eleonorrigby profile photo eleonorrigby
  • Reviews: 15

La Casa di Amy: I've had all i needed and even more

The hotel is conveniently located in just 5 minutes walk from Termini station, here converge many urban bus routes and subway lines. On the square before the station there are several bus routes «Hop on hop off».
At the station, there is a grocery store, working until midnight (downstairs) and a nice bar self-service buffet. Called Chao, is on the top floor. Offers a good selection of salads, pastas and meat dishes.
«La Casa di Amy» has rooms in different buildings, unfortunately, we did not get into the main building with a green patio, but our numbers were so good that we did not regret it. Our 2 rooms are located a stone's throw from the main body. In a converted into a mini-hotel apartment of 4 rooms, united by a common hall in which from 8 00 to 10 00 the breakfast is served.
2 rooms overlook the street and a small square with the church, the other 2 - the courtyard. If you got a room with windows facing the street - can be noisy when the car arrives to collect trash cans. In the morning, opening the window will be rewarded with bells chime, which is reached from Santa Maria Maggiore.
The hotel left a most favorable impression of its reasonableness. The room had everything that a traveler may need. Toilet with shower - no complaints,clean perfect, normal hair dryer (not the same as in the pool), a small set of shower accessories (soap, shower gel). Several electric points, and each of them has an adapter-tee that is valuable in the presence of numerous travel gadgets:). Also there is a small fridge and a kettle with a small selection of teas and coffee in the room. Perhaps the only thing missing - is a safe in the room, there is no on the reception too.
Breakfast is very good. There are cheese and ham, and a little chopped fresh vegetables, fruit, yogurt, a delicious cake and croissants, jams, cereal with milk, tea, coffee.
There is also a Wi-Fi in the room free of charge.
If I'm in Rome again , will definitely be back in «La Casa di Amy».

• Related to: Museum Visits, Historical Travel, Singles
  • Written September 22, 2011
Tip Photo

room with the view to the street

• ancabelascu profile photo ancabelascu
  • Reviews: 19

Hotel Charter: Great Hotel

Our stay was K. First night was a nightmare because of the buses which started to go at 4am and we could not sleep anymore. First we had a shock, because when we entered the room it was veeeery small, the bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen in my life, to go the the shower you had to step over the WC. In the morning the owner asked us if we were k, I told him about the noise and he changed our room. It was even bigger and the bad smell from the first bathroom was not present anymore. All in all it was good. Great location-2 minutes from Termini station.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written April 27, 2011

• icunme profile photo icunme
  • Reviews: 620

Hotel Cinquantatre - Hotel 53: 3-star in 5-star location

We often make the reservations here for our friends and receive the best accommodation at the best price for them. This is for you if you are happy with a clean, 3-star service hotel, basic furnishings, no fancy bar or room service. The rooms are larger than usual - definitely a 5-star location - off Via Veneto and Piazza Barberini. Best value for your money. Let us know if we can help you with a reservation here.

Exit the hotel - walk left to Piazza Barberini, major bus/metro stops.
Exit hotel - walk directly up the street to Via Veneto.

Description from their website:
The hotel has 14 rooms, including 1 Suite with a beautiful terrace and 1 Junior Suite.
All rooms have been newly designed, and are elegant, sober and refined. They are equipped with every comfort including: satellite TV, air conditioning and a safe.

Their deluxe room is spacious - lovely private terrace - jacuzzi hot tub - full bathroom - 5-star location - breakfast available but I would walk directly up the street to a small bar on Via Veneto or down the street to (left as you exit the hotel) to Piazza Barberini.
Less expensive than average for size of rooms and location.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel
  • Written April 22, 2011

Spacious bedroom

• GracesTrips profile photo GracesTrips
  • Reviews: 1417

Hotel Britannia: 4Star Accomodation in Great Location

OMG! Thousands and thousands of accomodations to choose from in Rome was daunting. But, I found the ideal place to stay. Things I took into consideration is price (#1), location (#2), Wi-fi - not high speed internet (#3), reviews (#4), type of room (#5) and breakfast provided (#6). Not only was the location important (nice area) but also access to the metro. I was able to determine much of the surroundings using google maps street view and that was extremely helpful. I didn't want to stay in too modern of an accomodation. I wanted the ambience of the hotel and room to feel as though we are staying in Rome and it did. Most of the reviews were positive. The hotel arranged for our pick-up at the airport when we arrived and that was extremely convenient.

So, the location was great. Wi-fi did not work, was disappointed with that. Breakfast was really, really good. Room was smaller than I anticipated but the bathroom facilities were acceptable. Bed was comfortable (king size but actually 2 beds put together). Air conditioning worked well and was quiet. Not a quiet area but I suspect that cannot be helped when you are in Rome. First night was noisy because of trash pick-up and street cleaning but the next few nights were fine.

We were told we could save 10% of the entire cost of stay if we paid cash. So, our intentions were to do that. However, after reviewing the exchange rate and that my credit card company was offering 5% cash back on hotel charges, I decided I would pay by credit card instead. Ooops! That was not acceptable (to my huge surprise)! Once you have made a committment, you're supposed to stick to that committment. I didn't have that much cash, they conceded to allow me to pay as much cash as I could and charged the difference on my credit card.

So, my overall experience was good. I did enjoy my stay at this hotel.

Each room is supposed to have an aquarium (odd - small with a guppy), fruit basket (wasn't there), welcome drink (ice tea or juice) and a tiny bottle of red wine in your room was actually not bad.

Breakfast was great, the bathroom facilities worked well and quiet air conditioning.

• Written February 9, 2011

Breakfast

• SJTravel profile photo SJTravel
  • Reviews: 162

Morpheus Rooms: No Frills Hotel in a Central Location

This place is a no frills hotel. It is basically a small lobby with rooms on the 4th and 5th floor. The double beds are 2 twins beds put together. It is nice because if you share a bed with someone who moves a lot on their side, your side will stay still. However, if you both lay towards the middle of the bed, the two twins will start to push apart. They share on sheet (so you don't know they are 2 beds unless you see them put it together (which we did) or until you sleep on it). Other than that, the room is fine. They have a fine working heater, a nice bathroom, and they offer you a ticket to have breakfast at a nearby cafe every weekday morning. On the weekends, you eat in their small kitchen (you have to make reservations because it is so small). The best thing about this place is the central location. It is located one block away from Via Nazionale, a quick walk to may of the sites like the Colosseum and the Forum. It is about a 10 minute walk to Termini Station. The price I indicated below is for off peak season. The cost during peak season can be up to $90 a person which is sort of not worth the stay for the amenities.

The Cafe that you have breakfast at on the weekdays has a very friendly staff. The pastries are very delicious. It doesn't seem like you get much, but it is very filling. I have been to Rome before and have had to eat breakfast in a similar fashion, at other cafe's they make you eat and drink standing up. At this cafe, you can sit down and enjoy a leisurely breakfast. The hotel can be loud if you have loud people living near you. On the weekend, one of the workers (possibly the owner) had his baby there and the baby would not stop crying and you could here it in the room. The TV doesn't work well because it doesn't get a very good signal. You get a view of a small street, not noisy. Close to a grocery store and some other small restaurants and a bakery.

• Written January 23, 2011