Rome Hotels

Our Members Say

• Jonimo profile photo Jonimo

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostel Montestella: Bed Bugs

BED BUG! At first the room seemed clean. After the first night in the hostel, I woke up with some bites. The symptoms was not clear so we decided to stay. After the second night I woke up with abt 50 bites all over my body! The staff told us there were no other room so we didnt really sleep all night and caught abt 10 bugs in one night! Finally we moved to another clean hostel. Now i dont know how long those scars will stay. I dont understand why the hostel didnt refund us all past nights...

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 15, 2012

Bites!

• eleonorrigby profile photo eleonorrigby
  • Reviews: 15

Relais La Maison De Lux BB: good location, peace a quiet place

The hotel is well situated near the Termini train station, in about 15 minutes walking, not far from Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore. It is located on the top floor of a historic building, with the old-time elevator. Our room was a good size, enough for three adults. Good furniture, large bathroom, good working air conditioner.
The windows looked out into the yard, and in our case it was a brilliant, because that night coincided with the victory of the Italian national team in the semifinals of the World Cup, so Italians celebrated till the night!
However thanks to thick shutters and windows to the inner yard we were able to completely cut off the noise and sleep well before our flight.

Air conditioning was working properly, it must be said that he was well-located - at the entrance to the room above the door to the bathroom. Bathroom also is a good size, with hydro massage shower. You can use a set of personal hygiene items - shampoo, gel, shower cap, nail-file, cotton pads. Everything is very clean, lots of light and mirrors. There are safe and minibar in the room. 2 bottles of water and 2 cans of soft drinks are free. In general, I liked that there is the opportunity to make a tea or Coffey at any time, using the machine in lobby. Breakfast is good - yogurt, fruit, ham, baked goods, tea, coffee. Perhaps the only complaint- is unpleasant step in the room at the boundary between the bathroom and room. You should always remember about it to prevent falling. Especially at night when being awake you don't think about any steps. To the credit of the hotel, the step illuminated by an ultraviolet light, you should just do not forget the lights turn on at night. (There are several switches on the wall, including those from this back-light)

Free Internet access, Wi-Fi is working well, the speed is good.

P.S.
You should remember about two more nuances:
1. Do not forget to close all the doors of the elevator, otherwise, no one can use it after you.
2. Do not put the suitcases on the leather upholstery of the furniture in the room. (This is written in the memo, which lies on a table in the room)

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Arts and Culture, Museum Visits, Business Travel
  • Written August 4, 2012

Reception

• riorich55 profile photo riorich55
  • Reviews: 663

Sweet Vatican Guest House: Small B & B Near the Vatican

This was actually one of the things we did like about Rome. The Sweet Vatican Guest House was very nice, within steps of the Ottaviano Red Line Metro station and just a few block walk to the St. Peter's Square and the Vatican. We arrived via a private car ride from the airport so that we could get directly to the bed and breakfast without having to lug our luggage from the airport to the train and then to the metro and down the street. It was a good decision on our part. The 45 Euro ride for 2 was well worth it.

Our driver rang the bell, unloaded our luggage and we made our way up to the 2nd floor where we sat down with the young lady as she gave us our key, took our passport information, showed us around the kitchen area and then took us to our room and showed us everything within it.

I've got 5 pictures posted here including our room, view, front entrance and breakfast.

The room was very nice indeed. Large comfortable bed, very nice wood floor, plenty of space for our luggage, a desk, private bathroom, air conditioning, plasma TV.

The bathroom had an excellent shower with a nice surface where you could actually rub your feet against the bottom and give yourself a foot massage, which I did on several occasions. There was also a heated towel rack (love those).

The view from the second floor was to the street below (via Ottaviano). We kept the window and shutters open during the day and evening when we were in the room, but did close them at night as the noise from the city street below was a bit noisy (big city noise).

The breakfast area was nicely laid out and for all hours of the day you could got into the refrigerator and grab yourself anything to drink. There were also a number of snacks also included. There are 3 other rooms so you do share with others. The breakfast in the morning consisted of hot drinks, home made cakes, yoghurt, cheese, meats, juices. If you left the breakfast meal hungry it was your own fault.

The facility has another 4 rooms downstairs which are called St. Peter's Guest House. The Sweet Vatican Rooms were recently renovated (about 4 weeks before our stay). The charge for our 3 night stay was 420 Euros. They did give a 20 Euro cash discount.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written June 10, 2012

Our Room

• painterdave profile photo painterdave
  • Reviews: 661

Torre Rossa Park Hotel: Cheap Quiet Clean Safe Hotel

This hotel has some connection with the Vatican. The rooms have been converted from rooms used by nuns, and they are small. Don't expect a fancy television, or expensive drapery. This is a room for a person who wants to sleep in a quiet setting, near a bus route, yet be clean. I had a room with a single bed, closet and window looking onto a garden. There is a restaurant there, but I did not use it.
This is not a "romantic" hotel for newlyweds, just a place for budget minded travellers. In fact, I usually take photos of the hotels in which I stay, but I was not moved to do so.

This trip to Rome, I did not need a fancy room, I just needed a place where I could leave my things while I went out to paint. I think that they have larger rooms for families, and I saw a tour bus arriving with people, so I know this place is used by tour companies.
Everything is well painted and kept up.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Family Travel, Singles
  • Written June 8, 2012

• beejay421 profile photo beejay421
  • Reviews: 3

Hotel Corallo, Rome: Great Little Hotel Close to Termini

The Hotel Corallo is a great little hotel. It is a short walk from Termini, very clean and reasonable. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. It is within walking distance to the historic district and close to the Metro and the bus station at Termin. Some of the rooms have small balconies and the breakfast room has an adjoining terrace for warm weather. The breakfast is typically Roman/Italian with rolls, pastries, juice and choice of coffee or tea. We have stayed there many times and whenever we go back we receive a warm welcome from the staff. Hotel Corallo - Via Palestro 44, Rome, 00185, Italy

Spotless, reasonable, close to sights of Rome, close to Termini and transportation.

• Related to: Arts and Culture
  • Written February 5, 2012

• fabiosc profile photo fabiosc

Ambar B&B: Great place in Rome

Beautiful bed & breakfast near St.Peter. Rooms are clean and totally equipped, good position, and low prices!

Cleaning
Kindness
Large rooms
Air conditioning
Great breakfast

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written January 23, 2012
Tip Photo

• juliannabanana profile photo juliannabanana

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Torino: Not 4 stars, no way

My room was tiny -- maybe 7 feet by 10 feet. No place to put my suitcase, barely enough room to turn around. Had to close bathroom door to open door into the hall. There are about 6 rooms of this size on each floor, according to the hotel map. The staff was uncooperative when I asked to move.

The room was shabby, too.

Ugh.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written September 27, 2011

• eleonorrigby profile photo eleonorrigby
  • Reviews: 15

La Casa di Amy: I've had all i needed and even more

The hotel is conveniently located in just 5 minutes walk from Termini station, here converge many urban bus routes and subway lines. On the square before the station there are several bus routes «Hop on hop off».
At the station, there is a grocery store, working until midnight (downstairs) and a nice bar self-service buffet. Called Chao, is on the top floor. Offers a good selection of salads, pastas and meat dishes.
«La Casa di Amy» has rooms in different buildings, unfortunately, we did not get into the main building with a green patio, but our numbers were so good that we did not regret it. Our 2 rooms are located a stone's throw from the main body. In a converted into a mini-hotel apartment of 4 rooms, united by a common hall in which from 8 00 to 10 00 the breakfast is served.
2 rooms overlook the street and a small square with the church, the other 2 - the courtyard. If you got a room with windows facing the street - can be noisy when the car arrives to collect trash cans. In the morning, opening the window will be rewarded with bells chime, which is reached from Santa Maria Maggiore.
The hotel left a most favorable impression of its reasonableness. The room had everything that a traveler may need. Toilet with shower - no complaints,clean perfect, normal hair dryer (not the same as in the pool), a small set of shower accessories (soap, shower gel). Several electric points, and each of them has an adapter-tee that is valuable in the presence of numerous travel gadgets:). Also there is a small fridge and a kettle with a small selection of teas and coffee in the room. Perhaps the only thing missing - is a safe in the room, there is no on the reception too.
Breakfast is very good. There are cheese and ham, and a little chopped fresh vegetables, fruit, yogurt, a delicious cake and croissants, jams, cereal with milk, tea, coffee.
There is also a Wi-Fi in the room free of charge.
If I'm in Rome again , will definitely be back in «La Casa di Amy».

• Related to: Singles, Museum Visits, Historical Travel
  • Written September 22, 2011
Tip Photo

room with the view to the street

• DSwede profile photo DSwede
  • Reviews: 1740

1 Via Del Valeri: Amazingly Comfortable and Cozy

While the normal prices will range about 150Eur, we managed to find a last minute offer for 70Eur. The best money ever spent in Rome!

The name of the hotel may not be the most original, taking its name from the street address. The exterior of the bed & breakfast accommodation is nondescript. You may likely walk right past it, not even knowing that it is the hotel. But the interior of the rooms is fantastic. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever stayed in!! The blinds block all the light, the rooms are spotlessly clean. The staff was extremely helpful to our every request.

The breakfast offered is not included in the room rate. However, if you choose to take the breakfast (~10Eur), you can dine in the common dining room, or opt to have your meal on the private balcony of your room.

The hotel offers free WiFi connection.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel
  • Written May 26, 2011

1 Via Del Valeri

• ancabelascu profile photo ancabelascu
  • Reviews: 19

Hotel Charter: Great Hotel

Our stay was K. First night was a nightmare because of the buses which started to go at 4am and we could not sleep anymore. First we had a shock, because when we entered the room it was veeeery small, the bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen in my life, to go the the shower you had to step over the WC. In the morning the owner asked us if we were k, I told him about the noise and he changed our room. It was even bigger and the bad smell from the first bathroom was not present anymore. All in all it was good. Great location-2 minutes from Termini station.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written April 27, 2011

• icunme profile photo icunme
  • Reviews: 620

Hotel Cinquantatre - Hotel 53: 3-star in 5-star location

We often make the reservations here for our friends and receive the best accommodation at the best price for them. This is for you if you are happy with a clean, 3-star service hotel, basic furnishings, no fancy bar or room service. The rooms are larger than usual - definitely a 5-star location - off Via Veneto and Piazza Barberini. Best value for your money. Let us know if we can help you with a reservation here.

Exit the hotel - walk left to Piazza Barberini, major bus/metro stops.
Exit hotel - walk directly up the street to Via Veneto.

Description from their website:
The hotel has 14 rooms, including 1 Suite with a beautiful terrace and 1 Junior Suite.
All rooms have been newly designed, and are elegant, sober and refined. They are equipped with every comfort including: satellite TV, air conditioning and a safe.

Their deluxe room is spacious - lovely private terrace - jacuzzi hot tub - full bathroom - 5-star location - breakfast available but I would walk directly up the street to a small bar on Via Veneto or down the street to (left as you exit the hotel) to Piazza Barberini.
Less expensive than average for size of rooms and location.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Arts and Culture, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 22, 2011

Spacious bedroom

• GracesTrips profile photo GracesTrips
  • Reviews: 1299

Hotel Britannia: 4Star Accomodation in Great Location

OMG! Thousands and thousands of accomodations to choose from in Rome was daunting. But, I found the ideal place to stay. Things I took into consideration is price (#1), location (#2), Wi-fi - not high speed internet (#3), reviews (#4), type of room (#5) and breakfast provided (#6). Not only was the location important (nice area) but also access to the metro. I was able to determine much of the surroundings using google maps street view and that was extremely helpful. I didn't want to stay in too modern of an accomodation. I wanted the ambience of the hotel and room to feel as though we are staying in Rome and it did. Most of the reviews were positive. The hotel arranged for our pick-up at the airport when we arrived and that was extremely convenient.

So, the location was great. Wi-fi did not work, was disappointed with that. Breakfast was really, really good. Room was smaller than I anticipated but the bathroom facilities were acceptable. Bed was comfortable (king size but actually 2 beds put together). Air conditioning worked well and was quiet. Not a quiet area but I suspect that cannot be helped when you are in Rome. First night was noisy because of trash pick-up and street cleaning but the next few nights were fine.

We were told we could save 10% of the entire cost of stay if we paid cash. So, our intentions were to do that. However, after reviewing the exchange rate and that my credit card company was offering 5% cash back on hotel charges, I decided I would pay by credit card instead. Ooops! That was not acceptable (to my huge surprise)! Once you have made a committment, you're supposed to stick to that committment. I didn't have that much cash, they conceded to allow me to pay as much cash as I could and charged the difference on my credit card.

So, my overall experience was good. I did enjoy my stay at this hotel.

Each room is supposed to have an aquarium (odd - small with a guppy), fruit basket (wasn't there), welcome drink (ice tea or juice) and a tiny bottle of red wine in your room was actually not bad.

Breakfast was great, the bathroom facilities worked well and quiet air conditioning.

• Written February 9, 2011

Breakfast

• SJTravel profile photo SJTravel
  • Reviews: 162

Morpheus Rooms: No Frills Hotel in a Central Location

This place is a no frills hotel. It is basically a small lobby with rooms on the 4th and 5th floor. The double beds are 2 twins beds put together. It is nice because if you share a bed with someone who moves a lot on their side, your side will stay still. However, if you both lay towards the middle of the bed, the two twins will start to push apart. They share on sheet (so you don't know they are 2 beds unless you see them put it together (which we did) or until you sleep on it). Other than that, the room is fine. They have a fine working heater, a nice bathroom, and they offer you a ticket to have breakfast at a nearby cafe every weekday morning. On the weekends, you eat in their small kitchen (you have to make reservations because it is so small). The best thing about this place is the central location. It is located one block away from Via Nazionale, a quick walk to may of the sites like the Colosseum and the Forum. It is about a 10 minute walk to Termini Station. The price I indicated below is for off peak season. The cost during peak season can be up to $90 a person which is sort of not worth the stay for the amenities.

The Cafe that you have breakfast at on the weekdays has a very friendly staff. The pastries are very delicious. It doesn't seem like you get much, but it is very filling. I have been to Rome before and have had to eat breakfast in a similar fashion, at other cafe's they make you eat and drink standing up. At this cafe, you can sit down and enjoy a leisurely breakfast. The hotel can be loud if you have loud people living near you. On the weekend, one of the workers (possibly the owner) had his baby there and the baby would not stop crying and you could here it in the room. The TV doesn't work well because it doesn't get a very good signal. You get a view of a small street, not noisy. Close to a grocery store and some other small restaurants and a bakery.

• Written January 23, 2011

• RoscoeGregg profile photo RoscoeGregg
  • Reviews: 229

The Bee Hive Hostel/Hotel: Great Social Place

This well located hostel is an island of calm in a busy city. It was easy to find and conveniently located. I arrived after a long night train tide and was put at ease by the friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere. I was traveling alone so went the dorm route. I am in my 50s so this is often looked on a bit eccentric at many hostels. Not here the dorm was clean and spacious. The staff was very aware of security and privacy.

The feel was friendly and alternative. The lounge was inviting and internet was available wirelessly and at a communal computer that worked well. The restaurant provided a great breakfast. I would recommend this place to my mom so if you are in Rome check it out.

This hostel/hotel is not a luxury hotel (thank god for that). It is a clean friendly and attractive hostel. I found the staff extremely helpful and plugged in. Atmosphere is hard to quantify but this place has a great relaxed atmosphere. From the delicious healthy food in the café to the décor exuded “relax and make yourself at home we got it covered”.

I used the dorm this time as I was alone. They offer private rooms and I will be getting one of those the next time Barbara visit Rome.

If you want to stay here be sure to make advance arrangements as they tend to fill up.

If you enjoy a more dynamic and casual accommodation I wholeheartedly recommend the Bee Hive.

• Related to: Singles, Food and Dining, Budget Travel
  • Written January 8, 2011
Tip Photo

The view from the couch on the lounge

• Bunsch profile photo Bunsch
  • Reviews: 546

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Best Western Hotel Riviera, Fiumicino: If you can find it...

We didn't want to have to schlep out from Rome before our morning flights, and really didn't want to drive in Rome at all. A helpful (?) travel agent found this particular hotel, which advertised a shuttle service to the airport, and it seemed like a viable and relatively inexpensive option. Ah, well, this is how we learn!

In fact, the Hotel Riviera was nearly impossible to find. After more than an hour of driving around Fiumicino (and even consulting the local police), we finally located it and were able to check in. Our room had no working A/C on a day when the temperatures had soared and humidity was high. Fortunately, another room was available and the climate control there worked well. Then we discovered that the shuttle wasn't free, and didn't operate at especially convenient times. There was only one computer, which was constantly busy with people trying to check-in on-line. And I'm fairly sure that breakfast consisted of donuts...not even a piece of fruit.

But having said all of that, very early on the morning of our departure, I walked the three blocks to the beach and was completely entranced by the sea wall, through which waves would crash and foam onto a semi-circular area of sand. This format was repeated up and down the strand, so obviously it is one of the ways Italians enjoy their seashore without the dangers of riptides or the erosion from all the wave action. I would have LOVED to have surfed there, but I only had time to wade for a few minutes.

Proximity to the beach. And others seem to like it, so perhaps I was just tired and cranky.

• Written December 11, 2010