Via Flavia, 106, Rome, Lazio, 00187, Italy

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Charmin hotel, centrally located

stylish hotel. with a fantastic roof-terrace where you can have you breakfast. Clean. very friendly staff. style. centrally located, near the station. 20 by walk to Pzza Espagna.

Unique Quality: the roof-top terracce. Good air-conditioning

• drolkar's Profile Photo

HOTEL MARCELLA

Unique Quality: This lovely little hotel is walking distance from a number of Rome's attractions, including the Basilica Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri and the Spanish Steps.

More about Marcella Royal Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member zebedee

Outstanding hotel with very tastefully decorated, clean rooms and excellent service from the helpful staff. On the 1st night the reception recommended a number of eating places as there is no restaurant in the hotel,and also advised on travel to various tourist spots. There is also a bar on the roof terrace where you can have a drink and listen to the pianist. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the main attractions (10-20 mins) and there is a bus service (62) from Via Settembre to outside St.Pauls for 1 euro each way. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Rome.

Ideal when travelling alone

I am always very wary when booking hotels if I am travelling alone. After much searching, I booked another Rome hotel on my way into Italy last October and then the Marcella Royal for 2 nights on my way home. The first one was over-priced and impersonal...not so, the Marcella Royal.

The Marcella Royal single room was small, beautifully decorated with tightly fitting shutters to keep out any noise.Breakfast on the rooftop was great and the rooftop garden a lovely quiet place to relax and have a drink!

Even with all this, it was the staff who really won me! Nothing was too much trouble for any of them.I had to send a parcel home, they arranged it and gave me the box with the correct Italian words to write on the forms. They recommended a near-by restaurant for dinner which I wish was near my home!!
I am returning there in March with 3 friends.

Great hotel, friendly staff

My agent found me this hotel and I did some research on the Internet. I was very pleased with my reading on the Trip Advisor. I stayed 3 nights at Marcella Royal and had a great time. I am thankful to staff for their help and especially Michele for his excellent recommendations about what to see and where to eat. I would recommend this lovely hotel to my friends. Best regards,

WOW!

by TripAdvisor Member pollock47

When we returned last week from Rome I wanted to rush to the computer & write a raving review for this special hotel. Then I thought I should take a few days to first digest our overall experience. We travel quite a bit, but we had never been to Italy. We are used to smaller rooms in European hotels and small inconveniences, and we are never sure of what to expect. This was a very special trip because my husband really wanted to go to Rome and we were celebrating a special time in our lives. I chose to repeat our past success and book through go-today. I chose the hotel soley because of the reviews on Trip Advisor (which seemed too good to be true).
We had a wonderful experience, starting with our check-in. We were told that a room was ready but if we wanted to go to lunch & return in 90 minutes they would have a better room for us. We did. Our room was absolutely lovely. Thank you, Ferdinand.
Every single member of the staff (including bellmen, waiters, etc.) with whom we had any contact was excellent and should be praised for "a job well done." The front desk is very accomodating and helpful. They recommended family run neighborhood restaurants that ranged from very good to superb, they helped to reconfirm travel reservations, they made museum reservations (try to see the Borghese Gallery!), they gave concise walking directions to many different places, etc. Thank you to all, and especially Michaele.
The enclosed breakfast buffet is "hot & cold" and far more than ample, and the rooftop garden (even in +/- 60F) is lovely with a nice view of the city. The food staff is smiling & welcoming and attentive. Thank you, Rosella.
Our trip was amazing and the Hotel Marcella Royal was a major contributor to it.

Having read reviews on this hotel, I was very interested to see what it was like. I was not disappointed. This is lovely hotel, the rooms are very clean and nicely layed out. The reception where very helpful and guided us to the best parts of Rome. I would definately stay again.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member kudzoo101

Our Hotel stay was one of the most enjoyable we have had in Europe. We were there four days in Nov. The staff and Management went out of there way to see to our every need and the two gentalmen that work in the evenings at the roof top restaurant/bar were so helpful telling us were to go and what not to miss on our stay in Roma. I can't say enought nice things about this hotel. Very plesent. If we are ever in Rome again, that will be my number one pick.

I agree with all the reviews - an amazing hotel that is so quaint and well finished in every way.
The service from the courteous staff was excellent, rooms were spotless with amazing decor (if a little small) with a good sized clean bathroom.
Location is a little quiet, but it is a short stroll to the metro which is the lifeblood of Rome.
The only negative about this hotel was the small lobby which doubles as a bar, it would have been nice to have a drink before going out for the night but certainly wouldn't stop me from returning - when in Rome I will be staying there, let there be no doubts about that.

marcella royal hotel

by genebeans

Anyone know of this hotel and location.Please let me know-Thank you-Gene

Re: marcella royal hotel

by Paisleypaul

I know precisely where it is and it is an excellent central location, near Via XX Settembre and Republicca underground. We have stayed several times recently beside the Piazza Republicca on Via Nazionale and it is a great locale.

Enjoy Rome