Marriott Rome Flora

Marriott.com Booking.com Venere.com

Costs 126% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• kbsunnyside's Profile Photo

Swank and Friendly

The room was comfortable with nice touches, but not luxurious. The bathroom, was luxurious with a deep tub, good water pressure and all needed amenities. The desk staff was very helpful and friendly (I was pleasantly surprised) and the included breakfast and rooms it was served in were beautiful (beautiful). I would recommend this hotel to anyone noting that I stayed using Marriott points and otherwise could not afford it.

I was resistant to the via Veneto (imagined stereotypical tourist trap) location, but in fact, this has location, location, location. You're right at the park for nice walks and at the other end is the must-see villa Borghese. And walking the other direction to to p.za Barberini and then to p.za colonna or to detour to p.za del popolo was easy/convenient. And there's public transit also.

Aside from the park there's plenty to see as you walk nearby and places to eat that aren't overpriced if you just look a bit.

Unique Quality: The view from the top floor windowed and terraced room where breakfast is sometimes served was beautiful.

• OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

Small Rooms, Expensive Breakfast

Okay, I admit I am a cheap SOB...but please see other ratings of similar priced hotels. I normally stay at the Sofitel or Rose Garden Palace and have rated them highly. This time, President Bush was in town, so we ended up at the Marriott. The hotel staff is not as friendly or attentive as the other places I have stayed, the rooms are small, and breakfast is unbelievably expensive...granted it is on the rooftop overlooking the city, but for 35 Euros, I think I will pass.

Unique Quality: Great view from the top of the roof.

Directions: right across from Harry's Bar on the via Veneto

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Marriott in Rome

This is a very nice property located on the famous Via Veneto, overlooking the Villa Borghese gardens, and within walking distance from the main attractions and monuments. Rooms are neat, tastefully decored and medium sized. The bathroom is really nice too. Front desk staff is very cordial and helpful.

Directions: Porta Pinciana

More about Marriott Rome Flora

Great start to a great trip

by TripAdvisor Member Ruslamos

We stayed in the Grand Hotel Flora for our first three nights in Italy. It is located at the top of Via Veneto, an area made famous by the movie La Dolce Vita. It is right in front of Villa Borghese (a beautiful and relaxing park). It is a bit of a walk from many of the main tourist sites (Coloseum, Forum) - about 4 miles, but relatively close to the Spanish steps. The hotel itself was very nice, deserving of a 5-star rating. Room was decent sized. Restaurant was expensive but very good. There are plenty of places right around the hotel to eat. Try the Lotti cafe around the corner for a great, and very reasonably priced, breakfast or lunch. The staff at the Marriott were courteous, helpful, and spoke great English. Mossimo, the concierge, answered questions over email before the trip and was great in person as well. It was a great beg. to a great trip in Italy.

Beautiful Hotel In Rome

by TripAdvisor Member Yochi

We have just returned from the Grand Hotel Flora in Rome. The hotel is a little tired and some of the rooms are in need of a little updating. Our first room was supposed to be an execuitve room but was such a peculiar shape at the side of the hotel it might of well been a corrider. But have to say the staff pulled out all the stops when they saw how unhappy we were with our accomodation that they moved us to a Junior Suite overlooking the via Vinetto which I have to say was fantastic and really made our stay in Rome. The breakfast was not the best we had had in Europe but average for Italy. We had a meal one evening at the hotel and again everyone pulled out all the stops to make sure that it was everything we wanted it to be and we were not disappointed. The hotel deserves it's five star rating as the sheets were changed every night and the small touches you expect were present. All in all a wonderful stay and I would recommed the hotel as long as you have a suite!!!!

Loved the Hotel Flora

by TripAdvisor Member jaclin

We stayed at the Hotel Flora from Oct 18 thru the 27th. We couldn't have been happier with the service, the hotel and the staff. Our room was beautiful overlooking Via Veneto. Even so we heard hardly any street noise. The location was great, pretty centrally located for touring

What a great Hotel and the people who work there are the best

by TripAdvisor Member vjd

We stayed in the Flora for the 2nd time in 3 years. I have to say that it was a great experience. The Room was nice and the service was great.
Massimo at the Concierge desk was so very helpful and a lot of fun. The bellman Americao was most polite. He was coming to America for the first time in Nov and was so interested in the Cities he was to visit. I remember he asked my husband about New York and what it was really like, because he heard so much about it..
You couldn't have asked for more friendly and helpful people. In the bar, the man at the piano was really good and the bartenders were very nice also.

I agree about going to Lottis around the corner for breakfast, the lady was so nice and the coffee was terrfic.
I definetly will go back again !!!!!!!!!

Very nice rooms, good location but poor service

We were booked by a friend who is a fairly senior employee of Marriott and so expected good service. We arrived to check in and then were given a room that smelled of cigarette smoke even though we requested a non-smoking room, it also had a bad view. We then went down again and asked for another room which they promptly gave us. Then we waited for our luggage to be brought up to the room... and waited... and waited... and waited. I called concierge and reception 3 times over the space of 30-40 minutes and they were quite rude to me. Finally I went down and they said our bags were on their way up. We waited another 10 minutes and they finally showed. I was furious by then. The room was very nice, spacious, and a very comfortable bed even though they did the very Euro thing with two single beds joined together. Nice view over Villa Borghese although we could also see the rubbish below which they should do something about. The area is well located for restaurants although most of them seem to be riding on the image they had years ago and the attitude to go with it. We are in our 20's and 30's and were made to feel like we should not have been in that area of town. We found a good cafe down the street and around the corner. The hotel experience would have been great if the staff were friendlier and not so rude and which I'm sure the hotel management could assist with changing and raising the level of service and attitude of local restaurants and bars, as I'm sure the local businesses do well from guests of the Marriott. But they need to raise their own levels.

ITALY

by margotdoug

"Rome"

Our first trip to Italy, November 23 - December 4, 2006. Superb weather for the entire trip. Cool and crisp in the mornings, warm sun in the afternoons, clear cool evenings. Stayed at the Marriott Rome Flora (Via Veneto), good accomodations, excellent location. A short stroll to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. Short ride on the Metro to the Coliseum and Forum. The Vatican is also easily accessible. Definitely see St. Peter's and the Sistene Chapel (get there early, very early, the crowds are horrendous). Don't miss the Capuchin Crypt on Via Veneto near the US Embassy, entirely decorated in bones, entry is free (with a small donation) - you won"t regret it.

"Soriano Nel Cimino, Province of Viterbo, Latium"

Spent 1 week based out of Soriano nel Cimino. This medieval town is relatively new to tourism, minimal knowledge of "Italian" is recommended. Beautiful, quaint hilltop town and castle. We stayed at the Palazzo Catalani, once a 17th Century mansion, now a Sunterra property. The staff was very helpful and friendly, the onsite restaurant is excellent. The tours offered by the hotel were well organized and educational with visits to several local towns. Buy some olive oil, wine, and relax in the clear air and warm sun. Wander around and enjoy the espresso.

Note: Everything is uphill (even coming back) - good for the legs.

Rome Airport Hotel

by annmar

Does anyone know a hotel near Fiumicino Airport that is not too expensive, but also a very nice place to stay? It is for only a one night stay. Any suggestions, both positive and negative, are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Rome Airport Hotel

by travelgourmet

Courtyard by Marriott Rome Airport in Fiumicino about 2 miles away. Stayed there and was close to the small town as well. Clean and has onsite restaurant. Check for shuttle to Airport and times.

Re: Rome Airport Hotel

by mholzgrefe

Hilton has a new hotel near FCO airport...the Hilton Gardens. It is very nice and reasonable with a free shuttle to and from.
Martha