Mascagni Hotel

Hotel Mascagni
Expedia.com Venere.com Booking.com

Costs 46% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Mascagni Hotel

Great hotel for the price

by TripAdvisor Member Teresuzza

We just returned from our visit to Italy and the Hotel Mascagni was one of our hotels. We were there for 3 nights. It was a great place with a great location. We arrived shortly before midnight and they were there to help us after a harrowing drive on the autostrada and the streets of Rome. The only drawback is that this hotel (like all others) is difficult to find and the road is not a well known one. The Piazza della Repubblica was our point of reference so that made things easier. The breakfast was good and service was very good. We were able to park right outside the door of the hotel, free!!! We didn't touch the car for 3 days as the location is within walking distance of many of Rome's attractions. The free internet access was a bonus for my teenage children! Rooms were a good size and very clean and well kept!

Elegant small hotel - great staff

by TripAdvisor Member DianeBee

A short but harrowing walk from the train station we arrived at the Hotel Mascagni - to the most wonderful front desk clerk in all of Italy. He welcomed us and made us feel completely at home, arranged tours for us, suggested restaurants, ordered taxi's, etc. Our lovely room had a window overlooking the busy street and the Grand Hotel across the way. Yet when closed there was no noise at all. The walk in closet was the largest we had in Italy - if you like to seriously unpack! The bathroom was large and had a hair dryer. Bed was firm. We pretty much took taxi's to all the main sites or arranged tour guides to pick us up, but you could certainly walk to many things - including great shopping. The breakfast rooms were nice and well staffed. Overall this hotel is very elegant and you feel well cared for.

Perfect hotel

Thanks to TripAdvisor reviews we booked this hotel for a first visit to Rome. A perfect location in walkable distance of the the Termini together with many attractions made it an ideal hotel. The staff were welcoming and helpful and even kept their aplomb when riot police sealed off both ends of the street during President Bush's visit - a demonstration was starting in Piazza del Republica at one end and a road led down to the US Embassy at the other! The room was spacious, very clean and the air conditioning effective. The bathroom was fine except, as another reviewer commented, the floor tiles needed fixing but that is a small gripe. Go there!

We were not disappointed!

by TripAdvisor Member Sea Ya' I

We stayed here for four nights in late May 2004. Our experience was very pleasant and the hotel was worth the cost. The staff were very helpful at all times. The facility is simple but located centrally and near public transportation. While it is truly a three-star, I would go back again without hesitation. I recommend it to anyone looking for a "sleeping room" and not luxury.

Excellent Hotel overall

by TripAdvisor Member Rick10

It's an excellent hotel. I stayed there on my honeymoon and shortly after arriving, they brought a complimentary bottle of wine to us. The staff is great and very helpful; they also have free wireless internet in the hotel. I would definitely stay there again if I were to return to Rome.

Great Hotel, Great Price!!

by TripAdvisor Member delsino

This was my first time to Italy/Europe and I had the BEST time. I was sooo nervous about staying at a non-chain hotel, because of past experiences, but after reading several reviews, and finding rates of 70 Euros a night I decided to give this place a chance. I arrived in the hotel extremely early before check-in and they gladly held our bags, gave us free cappuccinos and allowed us to explore the area alittle and then check in early as soon as our room was done!! The room was small but nice and clean ( i have been told from friends this is the Euro norm) The Bed was hard but that would be my only complaint. The bathroom was big and clean and there was always new towel and rug and was filled twice a day as well as the room was cleaned twice a day. the service was extremly nice and they went the extra step to help in anyway. The coffee is AMAZING, and I worked in a few coffee shops and visit many around the states to know GREAT coffee!! The buffet was also good, had great fruit and cereal and pastries, Oh and awesome rolls...nothing heavy but I enjoyed every bite! The location was also perfect. It was right across the street from the St. Regis Grand, so you are getting the same great location for 400 Euros less a night. We walked every where!!! Did not step foot on a bus, train (except from the airport) or taxi. We walked from the termini to the hotel and to all the great landmarks. The Vatican is a long walk but still we walked, got our exercise and got to see everything!! The fountain of trevi spanish steps and all those fun stuff are very close maybe 15 min walk at most!! Overall I couldn't have asked for a more perfect trip at a perfect price!! I definatly recommend This Hotel!! Oh and a word of advice watch out for gypsies!! we got hassled out of alot of money in the beggining of our trip...The flowers they give you at the fountain of trevi are NOT FREE!! lol They get your money some how, we got ripped off llike 15 Euros!! HAVE A SAFE TRIP!!

Best Hotel in Europe

by TripAdvisor Member BWMSD

Having stayed in several hotels in Rome, this was by far our best experience. The hotel is very centrally located and the room was spacious. The staff and service were as good as any 5-star hotel. Luciano at the front desk was the epitome of excellent service, arranging train tickets, dinner reservations, making telephone calls for us, etc. The breakfast buffet is incredible. Have never had a better hotel experience.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JayBees

This is an excellent hotel with high standards of accommodation and service. Our room was comfortable, clean and of a good size, breakfast was excellent with a good choice and the staff were friendly and helpful. On arrival we received a very warm welcome and the staff in reception were particularly helpful throughout our stay and keen to ensure that our visit to Rome was as enjoyable as possible. The location is also convenient for access to all major sites. When we return to Rome, we will certainly stay at the Mascagni.

Very attentive staff

The Mascagni is a find...the location is very good...within walking distance of most major attractions. The hotel has an excellent and attentive staff. The concierge team couldn't have been more helpful. The rooms are small, but efficient. We had a room on the back side of the property and experienced no problem with noise.

Extremely magnificent

My family and I stayed there for 2 days on our Trip. The room was for a family of five, we had wonderful 2 bedrooms which were well set and also it was spotlessly maintained. The hotel employees spoke English really well. The taxi van or what ever it was come right up to the entrance to pick us up to the airport. The food was first-class for all of us except my little brother. He dosen't like any kind of food. I’m looking forward to stay here again.

Comments