Matisse Properties

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Matisse Properties

Two thumbs Up!

by TripAdvisor Member Kiwilassie

We had a lovely four night stay at Matisse B&B. The room was large and spacious with wonderful, much appreciated, airconditioning. The whole place was extremely clean and tidy. The breakfast selection was the perfect way to start a long day sight-seeing and was available 24hrs to suit those early or late risers. Roberto was the perfect host and we felt very safe and secure. The location is terrific and we would definitely recommend this B&B to others.

Fine Stay

by TripAdvisor Member sbhaskar

Here is my long overdue review of Matisse B&B from two months ago:

It is located fairly close to Roma Termini, so you can get there by walking (15 mins with luggage) or take the train to Nazionale and have a shorter walk. We walked, though lugging a huge bag is not advisable since the streets are busy around that area.

There seemed to be some confusion with our reservation when we arrived, but Roberto sorted things out. The room was spacious but very spartan. It's a good place to stretch out, but there's not much in it besides beds and a desk. The shared living room has free Internet, which was a huge plus, and many guide books and maps to help you plan your days in Roma. The kitchen is stocked with cereal, coffee, tea, juice, yogurt and water 24/hrs, which is also nice.

The hotel itself is not really next door to anything great sightseeing-wise, but with a little walking, you can make it to just about every major tourist destination in under 20 minutes. We walked EVERYWHERE except Vatican, but buses serve the B&B well if you are not a walker.

The highlight of Matisse is Roberto. He is a true gentleman and very helpful. He helped us find everything from tourist attractions to restaurants to shops. He gave us great advice on where to shop and eat, and where to avoid. He even gave me a bottle of wine to take home!

I enjoyed my stay at Matisse. Roma is not filled with affordable, in-town lodging, so with that in mind, I can't say I came away disappointed with Matisse, though the room product is clearly inferior than other places I stayed in Italy. Roberto is first class,
though.

great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member traveler2947

We stayed at the Matisse near the Coliseum in Rome and enjoyed it very much. Roberto is a great host and very helpful with where to dine and sightsee. We appreciated his help with a taxi to the airport instead of taking the train. The hotel dining room is 24 hours with a stocked pantry and refrigerator. We enjoyed coming in after a long day of walking and sighseeing and fixing a hot tea and a cake before going to supper. We plan to stay at the Matisse when we visit Rome in the future.

Very nice stay

by TripAdvisor Member spongefran

We stayed at Matisse for two nights in June. It was a little difficult to find, but once we got there, it was a very nice stay. The room and the bathroom were very clean, and there was a nice common area with internet access and a small kitchen that was always stocked with snacks/breakfast. The best part was the hospitality. Roberto, the guy that runs the place, was wonderful. He'll tell you everything you need to know about Rome - where to eat, when the best time to go to certain places is, etc.

Great Bed & Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member twinsfantoo

This is a great place for a stay in Rome. The rates were reasonable and the location was ideal. It's close to Roma Termini, easily with walking distance. Most major historic sites can also be strolled to.

The rooms are clean, air conditioned and the breakfast was a great way to start the day.

Roberto was our host and he was extremely gracious and knowledgeable. He was constantly going the extra step for us.

Very happy with Cavour property

by TripAdvisor Member Andiamo2

We had trouble finding the Matisse office, but Roberto was able to retrieve us. He gave us a cab ride to our location via the ancient sites. The room was clean, neat and very comfortable. The other guests were respectful and it was a quiet place. The breakfast leaves something to be desired although it is open 24 hours.
I recommend this property as it is safe, neat and clean in the middle of Roma.

Comfortable, Affordable, and Convenient-from Nancy&Peter, NYC

by TripAdvisor Member hseikaly

The initial arrival point wasn't our actual booked rooms. Roberto, who is the host, took us to another location which ended up being a better spot. (It seemed sketchy at first, but we had read in other reviews that this wasn't unusual.) The room we were taken to was newer, bigger, and the location was perfect for our sight-seeing. Roberto was a great host. He's very helpful and goes that extra mile to make sure your stay is more then comfortable. He even bought us some bottles of wine and let us switch our room, since we wanted a corner one that was a little more intimate. There were no complaints from us! If we plan on going back to Rome, we'll definitely be staying there again. (Roberto also mentioned, there is a discount for returning customers.)

Roberto is King!

by TripAdvisor Member xrayboy

Roberto was very very kind and helpful. The room was very clean and in a great location- within walking distance to all the sites- except Vatican City. We highly recommend staying here.

Best B&B ever in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member cyqi

The owner Roberto is so friendly and helpful. The room is spacious, clean, well decorated to very high standard. It is even better than some of the 4 stars. it is located at centre of Rome, very convient to most of the place of interest. Strongly recommended!

A Waste of Time

by TripAdvisor Member MelindaVictoria

I found staying here an unfortunate waste of time and mostly a disappointment. I had travelled a long distance before reaching Rome and by the time I walked to the Via Nationale address I was hot, sweaty and tired. I wanted a quick shower and to do some shopping before my Italian friend travelled to Rome to spend my last two days in Italy together. I waited two hours while an American couple disputed their bill and waited for their travel agent in the US to call them back. I don't fully understand why I was waiting for them - maybe they were meant to go back to the other building in Via Cavour which was where I was apparently staying. And where I had walked passed 2 hours before in the heat and with my luggage. Unfortunately I had given my friend the address in Via Nationale so I had to return there after my shower and wait again there instead of relaxing in my room...It was too late for any shopping. The room was disappointing compared to the pictures. Newly renovated but not finished properly - light fitting missing, cornice not joined properly etc. The morning we were to check out Roberto called to announce he required cash and we couldn't pay with CC. This meant on our last morning in Rome we had to stop sightseeing to meet Roberto at certain time as there was no manned desk to make the payment when it suited us. Finding a functioning teller machine in the area was another problem and so my friend who had cash had to pay for me. The address in Via Cavour is convenient to the attractions but other than that the whole set up is an inconvenient waste of valuable time and there is a far better B&B (which I stayed in once before) in the same building with staff on the premises. I was unlucky perhaps but for a short stay this place wasted my time, it needs a manager at both buildings!

Map of Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Platine HillMap of Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Platine Hill

Bell Tower, Santa Maria in Cosmedin, Roma, 05/07Bell Tower, Santa Maria in Cosmedin, Roma, 05/07

Ara Pacis, Detail, May 2007Ara Pacis, Detail, May 2007

The alter dedicationThe alter dedication

ROMA pass and Colosseum

Hi VT-members,

I was wondering if any of you had used the 3-day ROMA pass for free-entry to the Colosseum.
It's been advised to book tickets online in advance.

However if I use the Roma pass, do I need to join the "usual" queue to get the tickets, or is there a special line for ROMA-pass holders?

Cheers
Glen

by Sjalen

Bookmark

by Glen30

sorry what do you mean Bookmark?

by Sjalen

That's when you add yourself to a thread because you too want to know the answer. :)

by bigoinpa

Hi: I would like the answer to your question too. We are going to Rome next month. Looking forward to hearing the answer. Where did you get a Roma pass?
Thanks.
Nancy

by Glen30

I was browsing the ROMA pass website and it says we can enter the colosseum without line....so I guess we could just enter by showing our ROMA pass.........

We can buy the Romas pass online (just surf : roma pass Rome, and it brings us to the official website)

by bigoinpa

Thanks Glen. I will try that website. We are looking forward to being in Italy again.
Nancy

by monorailgold

Hello,

You should be able to just go thru the group/ticket holder line. I believe it is the line on the left. The other folks are waiting to buy tickets. This is also what you do if you get your ticket at the palatine hill ticket booth. You don't have to wait in the line, just use the other side and use your pass there.

Donna

Thanks Donna

by elchor

Hi,

You do have to queue for the security check. You cannot avoid this. But after this, join the left line and you can enter without queuing.

Have a nice trip