Milo

Hotel Milo
Expedia.com Venere.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Rome

Pastarit0 opposite San Giovanni in LateranoPastarit0 opposite San Giovanni in Laterano

Monumento a Vittorio Emanuele IIMonumento a Vittorio Emanuele II

Pauline Bonaparte: the hedonistPauline Bonaparte: the hedonist

.........and being pressed to death..........and being pressed to death.

American Cemetery near Sicily-Rome

by flanders2010

Hello All,
Trip time is approaching again. This Spring (03/11-03/20) I will be on a trip with 3 Students and another Teacher. March 13 I will be in Rome going on some tours with the group but on the 14th is a free day to do my own thing. I would like to go to the Sicily/Rome Cemetery if possible. Any tips?? On my last trip for Memorial Day I went to Ieper, Belgium (Awesome)and saw Flanders Field along with Tyne Cot and a few other places. Before that I stopped by Normandy and saw the American Cemetery. Since I will be in Rome, I thought it would be nice to stop by the Cemetery. How hard is it to hop a train and get to the Cemetery from Rome? Thanks for any Input...Mike

by mccalpin

As you probably already know, the cemetery is in Nettuno, about 40 miles south of Rome. See www.trenitalia.com for the train schedules. There is a direct train about once an hour one Monday through Saturday, and once every other hour on Sundays and holidays (so check). Note that the schedules for next spring are not loaded yet, but they don't change much over the year, so pick a day next week that is the same day of the week as March 14th - this'll be close enough for your planning.

Once at the train station in Nettuno after the hour plus ride, the official website says that you can take a taxi or walk about 20 minutes. If you look at the aerial photo in the official brochure at http://www.abmc.gov/cemeteries/cemeteries/sr_pict.pdf and then compare it to the structure that you can see on the satellite photo of Nettuno at www.viamichelin.com or website of your choice, you will see that the cemetery is due north of the train station, about a half a mile as the crow flies.

It appears to me that the entrance is at Piazzale John Fitzgerald Kennedy, if that helps. I am sure that anyone at the train station could point you in the right direction...after all, it's 77 acres right in the middle of town...hard to miss...

Does this work for you?

by mccalpin

Oh, please note that the train to Nettuno is a regional train, which means there are no reservations - if you have a ticket, you can get on, even if you have to stand (rather improbable in this case). There is also no reason to buy tickets early - just go to the train station Termini on the morning of the 14th, buy the ticket to Nettuno from the machine, validate (date/time stamp) it in the box next to the tracks, and get on the train when the electronic sign over the track indicates that the train to Nettuno is on the track. When you get to Nettuno, you may want to go ahead and buy the ticket back before you leave the station, because I don't know if there are machines there and the ticket windows may not be open when you leave...actually, you can probably buy both tickets from the machine in Rome, since these tickets are open-ended for this route for several months. Note that there is no such thing as a round-trip ticket in Italy (well, except for some specials which don't apply here), so just buy the 2 one way tickets 2nd class (no need to go 1st - hahaha, what am I saying, most of these trains don't have 1st class ;-) )...

by mccalpin

P.P.S., while you're in the neighborhood, you might consider going to the Anzio Beachhead Museum in Anzio, of all places. Note that Anzio is the stop before Nettuno on the same rail line, and is maybe a mile and a half west of Nettuno. I haven't been to the museum, but their website is at

Note the restricted hours and days...sorry, I haven't bothered to see what day of the week the 14th is...

Travel Tips for Rome

Rome in 2 Days

by JennysTravels

3 weeks ago I was in Rome for 2 days with my boyfriend. We are walkers and were able to see a great deal in the two days. Depending on how much time you want or need to spend in one place ... it's easy to see plenty. I can't actually give you a route as I found the streets in Rome a big disaster to navigate. Where on street ends, two other begin then a curve or barrier is thrown in the way. It's just best you walk, follow a map and ask directions. You will see plenty of other tourists doing just the same thing.

Make sure to grab a map from the airport!!

Day 1: Colosseo ( it closed at 5pm that day and we missed going in.), Via del Fori Imperiali where we just walked and gawked, plenty of wonderful piazza and fountains. In the evening we walked to Campo de Fiori and had dinner at a fish n chip place (not the greatest first meal in Rome but my bf knows a waiter there). But Campo de Fiori is where young and old gather, flash the lastest style and grab a coffee or gelato. There are about 5+ different restaurant/cafe there and it's a perfect place to relax and watch typical Roman life.

Day 2: Was a pure walking day. We went to Trinita dei Monti, The Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona (where we watched a tv show being filmed), Ponte Umberto I, Castel Sant Angelo, and the Vatican. This day we spent 10hrs on foot, it was exhausting but beautiful.

Good luck. Have fun.
J. I did what Romans do/did in Rome.

My street in Roma

by Angelinka

So it could be nice to live here and not so far from Vatican. It means that I can safe my soul and have easy way to paradise in the future:D

non tutti possono vantare il propio nome in una via del centro di roma...io si....ragazza fortunata:)))))))))))

TORRE ARGENTINA While...

by chrissyalex

TORRE ARGENTINA While exploring Rome,We came upon these old ruins with hundreds of cats wandering around. We met some of the kind women who take care of these cats. They took us inside and showed us where they feed the cats and take care of the sick ones. They told us all of the cats were available for adoption. They were also selling Tshirts of a drawing of some ofthe cats.(the proceeds go to help feed and take care of them) What a great souvenir to give a catlover and also help these animals. For more information about Torre Argentina visit www.romancats.com

Transport from Fumicini Airport to Rome

by kkoss

To get from Fiumicini airport to Rome is easy - you just have to take a train to Termini Railway Station. It leaves every half an hour. It takes 30 min. by train to get to Rome. Ticket costs 9.5 Euro as at Nov 2004.

Pizza!

by morganna

Hmm, it sounds really typical... but I discovered the REAL PIZZA in Rome. Not that american circle shaped pizza (I'm sorry Pizza Hut fans... but no way!)... I mean something really good and unforgettable.
I mean specially those one you can buy in lil places or stalls where they cut a piece for you, without being a restaurant where you can sit down and so on.
I'm suspecting they use an special ingredient, because only with tomato or cheese they were exquisite!!

Comments