Mirko B&B

Viale Spartaco 68, Rome, 00174, Italy
Mirko B&B
Booking.com Travelocity Tingo.com

More about Rome

Constantin contemplating conversion? or after...Constantin contemplating conversion? or after...

Fontana del Moro (1576)Fontana del Moro (1576)

RomeRome

Pinar and BettyPinar and Betty

Rental Car in Leonardo DiVinci Airport (FCO)

by otiropas

Last year when I flew into Rome I rented the cheapest car I could find. It turned out to be more of an inconvenience to pick up and drop off the car. While walking through the parking garage, I noticed 2 rental car companies had counters right in the garage with the cars. Does anyone know which companies those were and if they are still there? My searches for a rental car this year show completely different car companies than I found last year, and speak of off-site car pick-up and return. I leave mid-September 2010. I appreciate any advice I receive.

Re: Rental Car in Leonardo DiVinci Airport (FCO)

by mccalpin

Truthfully, it's been a few years since I rented a car at Fiumicino, but my recollection (and what the airport website still says) is most of the car rental companies had offices (counters) inside the garage - see http://www.adr.it/portal/portal/adr/Fiumicino/Servizi/Come_raggiungerci/Autonoleggio_FCO/Header_Window?action=2

I can tell you that in 2000, Avis also had its cars in the garage because that's where I picked it up (no bus). I don't know what's changed, but you know that Hertz and Avis in North America are the two vendors most likely to be on site as opposed to offsite via a bus (and the most expensive...hmmmn, I wonder if there is a cause and effect here? ;-) )...

Bill

Re: Rental Car in Leonardo DiVinci Airport (FCO)

by JohanIsWeg

We rented a Hertz car at the airport in February and everything went quite smoothly. They even upgraded us to an automatic without any additional fees. I did not notice any rental staff in the car park . There was a Hertz counter with a staff member present, however, I think he was there in another capacity - possibly mechanical or valet or something similar - not as a rental counter.

Travel Tips for Rome

Me At Trevi Fountain...

by coceng

This is a photo of me sitting at the Trevi Fountain...a few hours after arriving in Rome !
The sun was hot, there were too many people.
Still, I smiled away, feeling good being in Rome although at about 10 am, still hadn't even checked in into my hotel...I had seen The Trevi Fountain !

Picnic along the Appian Way

by icunme

The Appia Antica serves as a popular Sunday lunch picnic site for Roman families - following the half-forgotten pagan tradition of dining in the presence of one's ancestors on holy days. A 1990s initiative closed the Via Appia Antica to cars on Sundays, brings out the picnickers and bicyclists -- along with in-line skaters and a new Sunday-only bus route to take you there.

Like Amber?

by nyonnetti about Souvenirs (General)

We found a wonderful little outside vendor just down the street from Trevi Fountain. She had a wonderful display of jewelry, specifically amber. I found some beautiful pieces for very reasonable prices. For example, I found several beautiful amber necklaces (actually they were the sliders but if you negotiate she will include the chains for free) and the cost ranged from 10-15 Euros each. Up the street there was a jewelry shop that had the same pieces for 30+ Euros each.

Fast and easy

by ayesh

If you arrive at Fiumicino airport, the easiest way to get to the center of Rome is by one of the well maintained and comfortable trains. The station is at the airport and you will not have to switch trains if you go to Stazione Termini (the main station within the center of Rome). From there you can take the metro to your final destination.
The train leaves every half hour and will cost € 8,80 for a one way ticket.

L'insalata Ricca

by ATLC about L'insalata Ricca

In between our visit to St. Peter and the Vatican museums, we had lunch here.
It's part of a chain and offers great value, especially the salads.
On the website (link below) you can find locations for the various restaurants about town. I chose the Insalate Imperiale (€8,50) with crayfish, mushrooms, mixed salad and a pink sauce. It was delicious and that means a lot, coming from me, because I'm not a big salad fan.
Of course you can also eat a good pizza and many other dishes.

Comments