Modern House

via Buonarroti 39, Rome, 00185, Italy
Modern House
Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

More about Rome

The kitchen, with window view of the patioThe kitchen, with window view of the patio

Historic novel to prepare your visit to Rome.Historic novel to prepare your visit to Rome.

Come here firstCome here first

Palazzo Massimo - Sleeping Hermaphrodite.Palazzo Massimo - Sleeping Hermaphrodite.

Rome to Cinque Terre dellema

by lengleng

Just realised that the train to cinque terre from Rome id 6 am and not direct?Is there any other way or am I missing out on the train info.Euro star is the fastest and total will take me almost 6 hours!

by cgf

you've to take a train till La Spezia and then taxi, bus, train to 5 terre.
there are quite a few regional trains from La Spezia to Genova, not too much to wait.

WHY should you take the 6:09 train (arrive 12:19) when the one at 07:58 will arrive earlier (at 11:51)?

btw 5 terre are 5 small towns with more then one railway station

by lengleng

I'm sure I've missed some information on the euro star schedule.Can you send me the link? I'm actualy changing my trip from Rome to Florence and then to Cinque terre then back to florence for another 3 days.What do you think?

here the [official] link

I think you'd better go straigth to 5 terre from Rome, then to Florence.
maybe it would be worth a stop a Pisa, day trip, just leave 5 terre early in morning, go to Pisa, see the piazza miracoli, have also lunch and late afternoon to Florence.

by painterdave

It's actually a long way from Rome to Cinque Terre. It just looks closer on the map.
You might break the trip up by stopping in Firenze, or Pisa/Lucca.
Good luck,
Dave

by lengleng

yes dave I've decided to stay in Florence for 3 nights before going to CT. :-)

Travel Tips for Rome

Piazza Navona, Fontana Di...

by fotografik

Piazza Navona, Fontana Di Trevi, San Pietro, Colloseo, Forum, The Bone Church, i forget...if i remember i shall come back here and tell you...mi dispiace... It has been awhile but living in Rome for 7 months is such unforgettable experience for me. My favourite spot is Piazza Navona eventhough it is a meatmarket. It's magical and it's full of spirit. I missed walking on those narrow streets of Rome..with cobble stones..missed the sound that those small cars and mopeds make. The Italians are wonderful, great sense of humour, sense of fashion, and most of all the food!
I missed the art, the history, architecture, the old-fashioned streets, the culture, and most of all the idea of being there. It's amazing!!

Good shoes and tupperware...

by tini58de

Good walking shoes!!! Dozens of films!!! If you want to use electrical equipment, make sure to bring an adapter with you!!!

As stupid as it might sound: we had a lunch box with us, which was nice to carry along our sandwiches for our impromptu picnics... (or the salami and cheese to supplement the sweet breakfast at the B&B)!

If you're a dancer

by fairy_dust about Coppelia

Close to the Santa Maria Maggiore basilica, I stumbled upon a dancewear store called Coppelia. Being a dancer, I just had to check it out! It's quite small but there are all sorts of dance shoes, clothes, etc. Since they had brands that are not available in my hometown's dancewear store, I took advantage of the opportunity and tried on many pairs of pointe shoes (and ended up buying a pair of Grishko 2007 pointes). Pointe shoes and ballet slippers (brands include Bloch, Grishko, Prima Soft, Porselli, Freed, Gaynor Minden), leotards, tights, dance sweaters, skirts, jazz pants, etc. Mostly ballet stuff, but I also saw some jazz shoes and sneakers. I think I paid around 40-50 Euros for the Grishko pointe shoes.

When in Rome...

by haggertyann about Suggestum

The food and the service were FABULOUS!! We tried not to dine @ the same place twice while on our two week trip to Rome but it couldn't be helped. Memories of Suggestum kept us coming back for more. Located just blocks from the Spainsh steps, Trevi and Pantheon it is very conveinently located. Pleasant atmoshphere with outstanding cuisine. My all time favorite dish is the Tortellini with Proscuitto in a cream sauce. Outstanding!! Also enjoyed anything containing the porcini mushrooms. Still dream of these meals!!!

Gelato anyone !?

by sue_stone about Gelateria della Palma

Gelateria della Palma is an ice cream lovers heaven!

Located just up from the Pantheon, there are 100 or so flavours of delicious gelato to choose from.

There is nothing better than buying a scoop or two and then wandering back to Piazza della Rotonda, taking a seat by the fountain and relaxing. It is so hard to decide....hmmmm ..... I always love the coffee....and the hazelnut .... and the pistachio ..... and ..... and ....

Comments