Via Palestro 17A, Rome, Lazio, 00185, Italy

Expedia.com Venere.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• rayofla's Profile Photo

Great Location and Hospitality

It is very close to the main station called Termini where you can get the bus, metro and train to all the main sights such as The Vatican, Colliseum etc. They were helpful and kind especially Franco at the front desk. Very nice man. I definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a good base to be in. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The breakfast is simple. If you want something fancy or elaborate, this isn't really your place. Otherwise, I highly recommend it!

Unique Quality: Beautiful 75 year old elevator.

Directions: Five minute walking distance from Termini Station.

More about Montecarlo Hotel

Very clean and worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member EmmaInUSA

Me and my family stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. We found it very clean and nice. The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous all the time. The hotel has recently been renovated and I loved the color choices and the wall-cloth was beautifully done.

We had a room on second floor facing the street. The street was busy during nights, but there were occassional cars which are enough to wake and light sleeper. But we were so tired from the days adventure that we slept like logs.

The breakfast that is provided is average. It consists of some juices/milk/crossiants/buns/cereals/coffee/packaged biscotti. But good to get one going.

The hotel can arrange for your tranfer to the airport fro 50E,though we didn't use their services.

The elevator that everyone seems to write about is nice and cute, my 3yr old loved operating it.

It is about 10mins walk from Termini, the walk is very safe and we never felt unnsafe while walkin back even at night time.

Ah, the marble floors shined at all times of our stay. We paid 303E for 4 nights. We would definitely stay there again.

Clean and nice

This hotel was nice, clean, safe and cozy –good price vs. quality ratio for our few nights in Rome. Only negative part was the shower: in upper levels there just isn’t enough water pressure for good (girly) hair wash.

Liked the Montecarlo

by TripAdvisor Member janejsb

Just come back from 3 nights in Rome staying at the Montecarlo. The room was average size but the bathroom was on the small size but the shower was great (had a turkish steam shower facility which was good when you came back from hiking round Rome) but then again we didn't go to Rome to spend hours in our hotel room.

The staff were friendly, the little bar was fine, breakfast was OK (rolls, yoghurt etc).
Wished the hotel had been a little more central but I suppose you pay a higher price the nearer you get to all the main sites. Would stay there again.

Cozy and clean

by TripAdvisor Member Machaboy

I stayed at Hotel MonteCarlo for one night. I had a single room on the top floor with a view of the two streets that intersect each other. I really like the view in the morning.

The interior decoration (wall-paper, big mirror, carpet/bedsheets/curtain with matching patterns, wooden chair and table) is wonderful and warm and charming. My room is not big but very cozy. The AC kept me warm at night. Both bedroom and bathroom were spotless.

I arrived around 9pm, and was going to take a taxi to the hotel, but a nice old man at the Termini Station told me it is walkable. It is indeed, though it takes a bit longer if you have to wheel your luggage on Rome's cobblestone streets. The gentleman at the reception was polite and helpful when I asked me where I could buy a plug adaptor.

The elevator is cute and small. It could hold two without big luggages.

Ditto what everyone has said about the breakfast, which is served in the basement.

The only little complaint I have is that the shower head leaked, but I am sure it will have been fixed by now.

I was too tired from jetlag to notice any noise. Even if you stay in the lower level rooms, a day in Rome would usually exhaust you to a degree that you'd sleep really well.

As I stayed for only a night, I didn't get to explore the neighborhood that much. It seems to be a residential area with a couple of embassies, so there probably aren't many bars/clubs/restaurants. There was a morning market on the sidestreet.

I booked the room online through Nycerome for 48 euro a night.

Good Choice in Rome

Very clean and well-kept, though our room/bathroom was a little small even by European standards. A good breakfast each morning, a great old elevator, and a very friendly and helpful staff at the front desk. Also, close to the main train station in Rome and within a couple of blocks of the subway. Some very good sidewalk cafes near the hotel. My only complaint is low water pressure (we were on the 5th floor). While perhaps not the best in Rome, the surrounding area posed absolutely no concerns or problems.

Clean and Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member jhaden

Very friendly staff, clean rooms, quiet and well maintained. The hotel is a little farther from the train station than advertised - it's about half a mile rather than the claimed 300 meters. Breakfast is also expensive if you decide to eat there - it's 12 euros for pastries and coffee... you can do a lot better at any of the wide range of cafes nearby. Desk staff speak excellent English and are happy to give you advice and directions. All in all a great experience; if we went back to Rome we'd definitely stay there again.

Quaint Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member debsbmw

We stayed two nights in this hotel. The rooms were clean. Ours was a little gaudy with loud floral print, but our friends room was very much more sedate. The staff was very helpful and eager to recommend eating places and other arrangements. We did not think that it was very close to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain, as advertised, but it was okay. It was kind of off the beaten path, but ok for the money. The breakfast was included and very good. It was clean and safe.

Perfect Place

by TripAdvisor Member Italia80

We stayed at the Hotel Montecarlo for two weeks in August, 2006. The hotel was very quaint and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was very good. Via Nazionale was very close by and all major attractions were within walking distance. The neighborhood was very quiet and safe and there were very good restaurants around. We will definetely stay at the Montecarlo next time we return to Rome. An great hotel for a great price. We really enjoyed our stay.

Great stay at the Montecarlo

by TripAdvisor Member Macleodite

English Group from Gloucestershire.
Stayed at the Montecarlo Hotel for four nights early October with a group of friends. The hotel is well positioned in a side street, 7-8 minutes walk from the Termini station. The hotel was spotless. The bedrooms were good size, well decorated, with good bathroom and plenty of hot water. None of the tea and coffee making facilities that we English enjoy but each room has a fridge with supplies, to which you can add your own.
Wonderful old lift to each floor. Continental breakfast in the basement of the hotel is quite adequate.
You will need to close all the shutters on the bedroom windows and use the air conditioning to keep the street noise out but after a day sightseeing we had no trouble sleeping!
We used the local restaurants each evening which were very good and reasonably priced.
A word of warning, despite taking precautions, three of our group were pickpocketed on the Metro at 9.15 am on the way to the Vatican. On an extremely crowded train, these ordinary looking adults work in a group and it happens very quickly - one stop and they were gone. Leave money you dont require in hotel safe, dont get onto a very crowded Metro, spread the money you are carrying and dont carry a wallet - thats what they feel for.
Despite the above Rome is a beautiful city and I would happily go back to the Montecarlo.

Comments