Mr. Frills B&B

P.zza Vittorio Emanuele II, 70, Int. 6, Rome, 00185, Italy
Mr Frills B&B
Booking.com Hotels.com Venere.com

More about Rome

The rostrum with the Arch of Septimius SeverusThe rostrum with the Arch of Septimius Severus

The Pantheon - main altarThe Pantheon - main altar

photographingphotographing

from the top of the worldfrom the top of the world

travel to P.de Renzi

by polinia

I will stay one week in April in appartment in Piazza de Renzi.
I need to find my way from FCO airport after 8 p.m.
I suppose I can take FR1 train and leave at Trastevere or Ostiense stop.
Where I can get on train at the airport and where I can find timetable?
What bus should I take in Rome to get to Piazza de Renzi?

Re: travel to P.de Renzi

by mccalpin

1. Walk 350 meters almost due east in the direction of Viale di Trastevere to Piazza Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli.
2. Catch the line 8 Tram (I think it's an electric tram) going south (i.e., away from the river at this point).
3. Get off at the 6th stop at Stazione Trastevere, the train station.
4. Take the FR1 from Trastevere station to the airport. It runs about every 30 minutes at this time of the evening.

To find the tram route, go to http://infopoint.atac.roma.it/bw.asp?lingua=ENG , enter a date next week, the approximate time of day, starting point of "Piazza de Renzi" and ending point of "stazione Trastevere".

To find the train schedules, go to www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html , and enter a date next week, the approximate time of day, parting point of "Rome Trastevere" and ending point of "fiumicino aeroporto".

OK?

Bill

Re: travel to P.de Renzi

by polinia

Bill,

Thank you very much. On page you mentioned I found even option to purchase tickets on-line. That's cool.

Travel Tips for Rome

The essential of things to see in Rome.

by breughel

FORUM REPLY.

To a tourist on a first visit to Rome I would without hesitation recommend following visits:

Antiques: Coliseum, Arch of Constantine, Forum Romano, Palatine hill, Trajan forum (in the same area), Terme di Caracalla, Pantheon.

Churches: St Peters, Santa Maria Maggiore, St John Lateran, Chiesa del Gesu, San Paolo Fuori le Mure (outside the centre).

Museums of Antiques: Capitoline Museums on the Piazza del Campidoglio (an absolute must), Museo Nazionale Romano Palazzo Massimo & Museo Nazionale Romano Palazzo Altemps, Vatican museum (if he is prepared to spend time on queuing).

Medieval and Baroque Rome: Castel Sant' Angelo, Piazza Navona, Trevi fountain, Piaza di Spagna.

This program covering the essential of Rome takes 4 - 5 days.

If you really want to meet...

by MaulLove

If you really want to meet locals, and not run into other tourists, I suggest going to bookstores. Very seldom does your average tourist frequent these. These are also great to go to if you are trying to learn Italian.

THE METRO !

by DAO

The easiest way to cover large distances, cheaply, is the Metro. All day tickets are an excellent value, currently just 4 Euros. The Metro system is divided into Linea ‘A’ and Linea ‘B’ that cross paths only at Termini Train Station. Even the farthest metro stops take about 15 minutes to get to Termini. This will give you access to cheaper and better hotels. Mornings and afternoons on weekdays get very busy around central Rome, so be prepared to push yourself onto a train. You need to be quick as the trains do not hang about. Keep your valuables safe! You may also be serenaded by street musicians on the trains. The metro stops are relatively clean and are safe. The odd beggar looks at you, just ignore them. Buy a good map and it will show all the metro stops.

The Cavour area is good for restaurants.

Excellent Dinner

by mpileggi about "Gioia Mia" Pisciapiano

This is the second time I’ve eaten at Gioia Mia and is one of my favorite restaurants in Rome. The first time was in 2003 with my Mom and we both enjoyed their delicious pizza for lunch.

On this trip, I dined with friends Deb and Robert. The restaurant was packed and diners at the door were turned away if they didn’t have reservations. The three of us enjoyed the antipasti: eggplant, mushrooms, potatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, cheese, etc. For my entrée I had Pappardelle alla Gran Duca (wide ribbon-like pasta) with bacon and mushrooms in a light cream/tomato sauce and cognac. I had ordered a second dish but after starting on the pasta, which was a large portion, I asked the waiter to cancel my second dish. I was glad I did, as the pasta was quite filling. The ¼ liter of red wine was only 2 euros and decent for house wine. Deb and Robert shared the same pasta dish and a veal dish; and we shared a dish of artichokes, which came at the end of our meal. Deb and Robert treated me to dinner. The total bill was 52 euros.

A Farewell to Emperors

by travelfrosch

"When they turn the pages of history
When these days have passed long ago,
Will they read of us with sadness
At the seeds that we let grow...
(when) We turned our gaze from the castles in the distance,
Eyes cast down on the path of least resistance?"

- Rush