Via Cavour 295, Rome, LA, 00184, Italy
Expedia.com Travelocity AMOMA.com

More about Nicolas Inn

Nicholas Inn - Rome Concerned Hosts

by TripAdvisor Member gfreiberg

I rate the Nicholas Inn as excellent for several reasons. The couple who own this B&B are Francois and Melissa, she is from Chicago and can relate to what it's like visiting Rome, especially if it's your first time! Getting taxi's, pointing out places to eat, anything that will make your stay easier they will do with a personal and positive attitude. I learned of this inn through the tour group Scala Real, have stayed there twice in four months. Great location, nice rooms and breakfast served in the room by smiling Melissa. Go there, you won't be sorry. Last comment, I am not related or have any interest in writing this review, it's truly meant to be a tip from one traveler to another!
Gary

Nicolas Inn knows Customer Service

It’s true. What the previous reviewers wrote in detail regarding Nicolas Inn, Melissa and Francois is correct and does not embellish the truth. I knew I made the right decision to stay at Nicolas Inn from the moment I made the phone call to make my reservation. During our first conversation, Melissa was already giving me great suggestions of what to do during my visit in Rome. Upon my arrival, Francois was friendly, helped me with my luggage and even offered me juice. My room was spacious and overlooked the courtyard. I had a large bathroom with all the amenities. Melissa even had a converter for me to use so I can charge my digital camera. Nicolas Inn is very close to the Colosseum, the Forum and walking distance to all the other tourist sites. The Inn is on Via Cavour which is a vibrant neighborhood street where you can expect to pass by locals walking their dog(s) and fellow tourists. It’s a safe street twenty four hours of the day.

Nicolas Inn is a great value and should exceed your expectations. The only way you will be disappointed is if you expect a grandiose room and/or you do not inform your host/hostess of your needs and concerns. I expect any place I stay to be clean and comfortable. A place I can relax and rest after a long day. Nicolas Inn fulfilled my criteria and what makes it an exceptional inn is that Melissa and Francois make it their priority to make sure you have a pleasant stay. They are excellent listeners and will address your issues to the best of their abilities. I did have a great vacation and will stay at Nicolas Inn again. I left my heart in Rome and brought back a lot of great memories and too many purses.

Why go any where else? The Nicolas Inn is the perfect place!

by TripAdvisor Member JanetSteveP

The Nicolas Inn is the ONLY place to stay in Rome! Melissa was a wonderful hostess, with tons of great advice about how to get around, what to see, and when to see it, and especially where to eat! The inn is conveniently located and most of the sites are within walking distance. The rooms were extremely clean, the beds confortable, and the food excellent. They were even accomodating to our two young sons that were traveling with us!

Super in all respects

We stayed at the Nicolas Inn in February and it was very well located, comfortable, clean and friendly. Melissa and Francois make a huge difference with help on restaurants, transportation, language, directions- literally everything you might need to know. I highly recommend the Nicolas Inn.

Our New Italian Home Away from Home!

The Nicolas Inn was a really wonderful experience for us. The rooms are modern and comfortable. But, the best part was the cheerful, friendly and informative innkeeper, Melissa! Nicolas Inn is conveniently located to some amazing attractions that are must-see for every visitor to Rome. And, we greatly appreciated the referral to very nice restaurants a short walk away.

We'll definitely stay at the Nicolas Inn again and we've already recommended it to other friends considering a visit to this amazing city.

Simply The Best

Just returned returned from a five day stay at The Nicholas Inn. We had a fantastic time with great hosts, breakfast in room every day! An excellent base to explore Rome, nice places to eat near-by, people very friendly. Will definately be returning for another holiday soon.

Wonderful - Can't wait to go back

Nicolas Inn is a wonderful spot in the heart of Rome. Melissa and Francois make it feel like you're staying with friends. Close to the Forum and Colosseum (five-minute walk) and an easy, straight 15-minute walk from the train station. They're very helpful with dinner and pub recommendations. We tried every recommendation, and they were right on. (Melissa is from Chicago, so no language barrier.) Lovely breakfast on a tray in your room with warm croissants, fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. They're only one year old (completely renovated and brand new rooms and bathrooms), so not in most guide books yet. Will definitely go back to the Nicolas Inn!

Wonderful Weeklong Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Bmonn

Just returned from a week's stay at the Nicolas Inn. We had an excellent trip thanks to Melissa and Francois.
*Clean, modern rooms - private bath
*Excellent location - walking distance to Colosseum, Forum, train station, restaurants, and really all the sites in central Rome
*Fresh fruit, rolls, yogurt, juice served in room every morning
*Hostess (Melissa) was there every day to answer questions about sight seeing, train schedules, restaurant recommendations, and general tips about finding your way around a foreign city.
We had an amazing trip greatly due to our choosing the Nicolas Inn!

A great little B&B

by TripAdvisor Member kesh

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights at the Nicolas Inn in March, and had a very enjoyable stay. The room was very comfortable and clean (and the showers are indeed great) and our room looked out from the first floor onto the busy Via Cavour which is good for people watching. Although if you want a very quiet room at night then it may not be for you.
Its a very short distance to the Colosseum/Forum etc and not much further to the Capitoline museums and you can walk to Termini Station in 10-15 mins.
Francois and Melissa were very helpful, and the food was great at all three restaurants that they recommended to us. The extra little pastries that they gave me on my birthday were especially nice!

Delightful stay!

We spent 5 nights at this simple and very, very pleasant new bed and breakfast/inn on the 2nd(1st) floor of a traditional, turn- of -the- century four-story Roman apartment building that realy is 2 blocks from the Forum and the Coloseum. Room, bed and bathroom were very comfortable, and the breakfast of fresh fruit, yoghurt, juice, rolls and breads on the better and fresher side of the ubiquitous continental breakfast.
Melissa and Francois' warm welcome and advice on restaurants and wandering in Rome helped immensely in making our long walking days both full and relaxing. Their joint efforts in flagging a cab for us when the cab called for our sprint to a train reservation failed to come described a real picture of their care for their guests

Luggage Lockers at Fumicino Airport??

by jplewis

We are arriving in Rome on a Sunday morning by cruise ship and plan to spend that night in downtown Rome. We will be flying out on Tues. at 7 a.m. I have heard people mention lockers at the airport. Does anyone have any information about these such as how big, how long can you leave luggage and approximate rate? Or a website where we can find this info. Thanks, Patsy

Re: Luggage Lockers at Fumicino Airport??

by Lacristina

Yes, they have a website:

Here's the page with the info you're looking for:

Ciao!

Cristina

Re: Re: Luggage Lockers at Fumicino Airport??

by jplewis

Thanks, Christina.

Re: Luggage Lockers at Fumicino Airport??

by Nicolas_Inn_Rome

I'm confused why you need a storage locker. Fiumicino airport is located about 45 minutes outside of the city center of Rome. It doesn't really make sense to go from Civitavecchia to the airport and then from the airport to the city center of Rome. Does your cruise include transport to the airport and that is why you want to store your luggage there? Just trying to piece the puzzle together...

Melissa, Nicolas Inn-Rome
www.nicolasinn.com

3 Hotels to choose in Rome -- which one?

by AllaMishka

This is my 1st trip to Rome. After hours of researching, here are 3 final hotel choices....Please provide me with your comments/suggestions/experiences:

Lancelot
Girdino

Thanks

RE: 3 Hotels to choose in Rome -- which one?

by CALSF

Check for comments at tripadvisor.com.

Rome accomodation

by Eddman

Hello,

I am going to Rome for 3 days in Oct 2004 and cant decided between 2 placest o stay.

Has anybody satyed at Eva's Rooms in Rome?

Also, has anybody stayed at Mimosa Hotel in Rome?

Please let me know what you thought.

Thanks

Ed

by Maurizioago

Please, let me know the location of these hotels.

by Lacristina

Here are some reviews of Mimosa.

Cristina

by Nicolas_Inn_Rome

Mimosa is by the Pantheon and Eva's Rooms are by the Spanish Steps. I haven't stayed at either one, but based soley on location I would choose Mimosa. The Pantheon is more centrally located. I'm not a big shopper so the appeal of staying by the Spanish Steps is lost on me. Both locations are great, though.

Melissa, Nicolas Inn