Noto

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Noto

Rome 3 times!

by CarlGustaf

"First time in Rome 1992"

My first trip to Rome was with my 2nd year high school class. We lived in Hotel Noto, close to Termini. The most interesting places of all we went to see was the beautiful gardens of Tivoli. We saw Colosseum, Forom Romanum and the Vatican state.

"Second trip to Rome 1993"

My second trip to Rome was with my 3rd year in High School - class. I repeated the 2nd year of high school. I saw the same places, but this time I also got to see Ostia, an old Italian village that had been covered in Lava. In the city we saw Pantheon, the Trevi fountain and the Spanish stairs.

"Third time in Rome - christmas 1993"

My mother, who were once 1 year in Rome during her studies, wanted to do something different during the christmas. So we went to, of all places, Rome. We spent christmas night to the mass in the St. Peter's Church where you'd find as many people as by a Madonna concert. We saw the Trevi fountain again, but mainly because my mom knew a bar where they have a specially prepared Sambuca. They put it on fire and serve it! We ate in the best Carbonara restaurant in the world "La Carbonara", and in a lot of other great restaurants. We went shoe shopping and I went to my personal favorite shop of all times: Ricordi!

uscite Termine Station

by Mazely

I intend to spend a couple of days in Rome, with my wife, and since we're planning to visit other cities we'll stay next to Termine Station. Unfortunatelly, although I've searched it for a while, I couldn't find a map or something like that showing or telling the directions of the gates of Termine Station. This question maybe sounds strange, but my wife is always tired and she would prefer a 1 star hotel 30 meters from the gate of the station than a 5 star hotel 300 meters from it (we'll try not to ask for a taxi).
So, could someone inform where (in the web) can I find a map of the station, with the "uscite", or can someone name what are the streets that the sorts lead to?
Thanks in advance.

by mariocibelli

you don't want to stay in a one star near Termini! Most of the hotels are now 3 star affiars, everything was upgraded during the Giubileo in 2000. There is a great 3 star just out side of the left had exit (uscita) left with your back against the tracks. The name of the hotel is a town in Siciy, if not another cheap but nice three star choice is the Hotel Noto, about 300m away.

by karma_kola

hi

this seems to help

enjoy your trip.

we are also going to rome and staying around termini. seems the most logical place to stay at!
radhika

Re: Re: uscite Termine Station

by CourtneyLyn

Hi,

There are several entrances to termini. If you look at a map of rome and look at termini, the exits are at both sides (via giolitti and via marsala), and also at the front which is piazza cinquecento. This piazza is also the end of the line for many many busses. There is a hotel called hotel vienesse on via marsala, literally 50m from one of the entrances. I have heard people say good things about the hotel but i am not sure of the price and i have not stayed there myself. Good luck!

Re: Re: uscite Termine Station

by Scotty1023

One other thing there is a hotel clearing house at the station where the trains come in at. I got a fabulous hotel for about $50 from them. It is a place that sells rooms that are available locally.
Also the termini area is not very nice, grab a taxi and go in a ways and get a better hotel.
Watch for PICKPOCKETS, put your wallet in your front pocket.
Good luck

by Mazely

Thanks a lot for all your help. Now I know that there's an exit to Via Giolliti, and I have found a hotel that matches my expectations (yes mario, a 3-star, I said "one star" just for you to understand how lazy my fiancee is). Thank you all, all the comments were helpful.

Comments