Via Crescenzio 86, Rome, 00193, Italy
Venere.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

More about Rome

did they juz used the arch as a hoopa?did they juz used the arch as a hoopa?

Basilica S. PeterBasilica S. Peter

Loking north along the TiberLoking north along the Tiber

Valle Aurelia train stationValle Aurelia train station

san clemente

by Mahsa878

can anyone tell me how you can get to san clemente church from central Rome by public transportation? well my hotel is at Filippo Civinini, 46. and does it worth the trip?

by craic

I found the San Clemente church very very interesting, if somewhat creepy. The lower level has a strange atmosphere. And it is not just damp.

It is a very short walk from the Colisseum down a side street and there is plenty of transport to the Coliseeum including the metro.

Where is your hotel?

by Maryimelda

I fully agree with Jennifer. The downstairs part has a really strange atmosphere and gave me a feeling of something really bad having happened there in the past. I can't describe it, but I was delighted to read that Jennifer felt the same way. As interesting as it was, I couldn't wait to get out. I had the same feeling in the dungeons adjoining the Dogue's Palace in Venice.

by leics

It is an excellent place to visit, and well worth while.

It is a rare opportunity to 'walk down through time', seeing how rome has been built on top of itself over the centuries.

I did not find anything strange about the atmosphere, but I did find the whole place fascinating.

Details in Engish here:

The Basilica is in central Rome, within easy walking distance of the Colosseum. There are public transport directions in English here:

Use google maps to get a streetmap: put 'basilica san clemente rome' into the searchbox and you'll see exactly where it is.

Travel Tips for Rome

When visiting rome , you...

by TerezaJ

When visiting rome , you absolutely must see Coloseum, Piazza Navona and neighbourhood, Tiber's island on the River Tevere and many of hidden streets. My fondest memory of Rome are without doubt people.
Nice, friendly, pleasant people wherever you go.

Surviving Roman Summers

by msbrandysue

During the summer it is hot. And I live in Houston, Texas so I know what hot is, trust me! So make sure to bring a battery operated, hand-held fan or something to cool yourself with while wandering Rome. These battery operated ones can be found at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, etc for under $5. You can thank me later ;)

Designers' Outlet - one day trip :-)

by Giulia_ua about Caster Romano Outlet

this is a mall, approximately 30 km from the city. There are approximately 110 designers' outlets with discounts from 30% up to 70%. There are great prices and some absolutely fantastic clothes, for men, women, and children. There are not only clothes and/or shoes - accessories, there are also household stuff. whatever fits you well - great quality and style for acceptable prices.

On bus trips

by baronedivandastad

The VT fora regularly host questions of the "how often does bus line xx run?" or "until what time does tram yy run?". I thought I'd answer once and for all so I created this tip.

First of all, buses run relatively frequently during the day, that is starting around 5 am and until midnight. Between midnight and 5 am only the lines whose number ends with an N (e.g. line 70N) actually run, and usually at intervals going from 20 to 60 minutes.

Secondly, do consider that buses are affected by traffic conditions, so do expect some variance from the posted times, especially at rush hour (which is roughly between 7 am and 10 am, and again between 5 pm to 8 pm). Also, during heavy traffic, buses suffer from a notorious phenomenon (which has been even studied with queuing theory) that sees buses running on the same line pile up (a very full one at the front of the pile, followed by increasingly empty ones right away). This is inevitable so give up to it, and if you see a too full bus it may be worth taking a risk and waiting for the next one.

Going around by bus in Rome may feel frustrating at times, but before raging out you must consider the sheer size of the city. There are 326 bus lines in Rome, and they cover an amazing 2152 kms, employing 2487 buses. Overall, buses and trams travel some 140 MILLION kms every year, transporting close to a billion people. Expecting a bit of delays is just normal.

Since VT does not give me enough space, I'll detail instructions on how to find out bus timetables in another tip.

Our most memorable dining experience in Rome!

by Erin74 about Ristorante Cleto

Ristorante Cleto is tucked away in an alley at the end of Via Cavour, just two blocks before it dead ends into the Forum. The restaurant was packed, but we still managed to get a seat on the cute outdoor patio. This turned out to be the most memorable dining experience we had in Rome! The chef came out and introduced himself and recommended dishes for us. He checked in constantly as the night went on and even presented us with dishes we hadn't ordered, but he was sure we would like. We sure did!! We were here for hours, eating and having a great time. The food and service were outstanding and we really enjoyed the experience. The penne arriabiata was VERY good here. I also think that their bruschetta was the best we had during our entire time in Italy.

Comments