Pace Elvezia

Satisfaction Average

Rated 16% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

More about Rome

The Forum by nightThe Forum by night

Sacrificial Alter Next to the Square of GuildsSacrificial Alter Next to the Square of Guilds

A single ticket bought on tramA single ticket bought on tram

Palazzo Braschi - Monumental staircase.Palazzo Braschi - Monumental staircase.

Kosher restaurants open during Passover

by DavidJacobson

Can you verify whether Mkosher stays open during Passover, and list any other kosher restaurants and possibly food shops also open throughout the holiday?

Re: Kosher restaurants open during Passover

by leics

lists kosher restaurants and food shops in Rome, with contact details. Icannot say which are open for Passover but 'Yesh' offers a 'Kosher for Pesach' menu.

Re: Kosher restaurants open during Passover

by domenicococozza

The most fashionable of Rome’s kosher restaurants is La Taverna Del Ghetto, on the main street of the ghetto The Taverna, a meat restaurant focusing on traditional Roman Jewish cuisine, was opened in 1999 by an Israeli restaurateur named Rafael and his Roman wife, Miriam.
Just around the corner is Yotvatah, a dairy restaurant. Yotvatah specializes in Roman Jewish dishes and also sells kosher cheeses, including mozzarella.
Around Piazza Bologna are two restaurants run by the same family.
I coudn't tell you if any of these will be open for passover.

Travel Tips for Rome

Fountains

by tini58de

Rome is said to have more than 300 fountains - and I really do believe this. There are some that are very famous, like the Trevi Fountain or the Fountains on Piazza Navona, but even on the lesser squares you will find them....

If you want to return to Rome, don't forget to toss a coin into the Fontana di Trevi!!!

Just do it...

by Sissyz

...go down that side street. Okay, well don't go down that side street at night...as much as we may want to believe that we are safe, its not guarantied. Going down the side streets is so much fun, not to mention more classic Italian vs. industrial Italian.

Clubbin' in Rome

by Rushland about SupperClub

We didn't really go out late in Rome, except for one night and that was by accident. We ate at SupperClub, which is the restaurant upstairs. We had no idea there was a bar/ club downstairs, until we got invited to down there. It's really cool, kinda of south beach style. There are beds everywhere to chill out on or whatever. There are also little coves to sit and chill as well. They played the usual U.S. club music I don't think there was a dress code, but everyone was dressed trendy.

You'll be the only tourist (& that's good)

by ema522 about Bruno ai Quattro Venti

Bruno ai Quattro Venti is on the street of the same name, Viale dei Quattro Venti, & that's all you need to direct the cabbie. You will need to take a cab because it's in an area that has really nothing to lure tourists other than the fact that it's where the real citizens live. Therefore, if you're in for an "authentic" experience, it's worth the trip. It's a typical neighborhood place, nothing fancy. I always come here with my Roman relatives because they used to live in the neighborhood, and I don't think I've ever seen another tourist in the place. Practice Italian because they don't speak English. I almost hate to mention it for fear that my special little place might become too popular... The menu caters to locals so if you're on a diet, forget it. There's fresh Neapolitan-style pizza, meaning the individual, plate-sized round pizza that you eat with a knife & fork as opposed to the little corner shops that bill the Sicilian style by the slice. However, the dish to get is pasta all'amatriciana, the famous Roman bacon & tomato sauce, and you must accompany it with all the fried appetizers that the Romans love, especially the stuffed zucchini flowers and the suppli` (rice croquettes).

Requesting free tickets for the Papal Audience

by JFN41

I obtained my tickets two ways for separate trips, email and fax.
When I faxed the request, I received a response in a few days also by fax telling me that my tickets had been reserved and that I should pick them up at the Bronze Door in St Peters Sq. late PM the day before the audience or the morning thereof.
The Bronze Door in question is to your left as you face the basilica behind Bernini's colonnade. There usually are Swiss Guards at he foot of the long staircase leading up to the chamber were the tickets are disbursed. I brought my confirmation fax with me should there be any questions.
Should it be of interest, my email request was sent to Rosanna Shedid, Parish Secretary at Rome's American Church of Santa Sussana (rosanna@santasusanna.org). When confirmed, I was told to pick up the tickets at Santa Susanna the afternoon before the audience.

Hope this is of help.