Papillo Hotel

Costs 46% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Rome

Ho Hum Another Wonderful ViewHo Hum Another Wonderful View

Risorante StregaRisorante Strega

How it was as newHow it was as new

More rustication.......More rustication.......

Half day cooking class

by niawest

Hello,

I'll be in Rome the 3rd week of October, and I'm interested in taking a half day or day long cooking class. Please let me know if you have any info. Thanks in advance!

Re: Half day cooking class

by johnfromoz

Whilst in Rome we ate at a wonderful little restaurant near Piazza Navona called The Library which also does one day cooking classes. The people are lovely & the food to die for. We loved it so much we went back again the following night for seconds.Not sure if they do half day courses though.
Here is the link; http://www.thelibrary.it/all/corsocucina.htm
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Re: Half day cooking class

by niawest

It sounds wonderful, and it's right around the corner from my b&b. I've sent an email to see who much it cost. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Nia

Travel Tips for Rome

The Roma Pass

by nyonnetti

One of the best deals in Rome is the "Roma Pass." It is a 20 Euro investment but well worth it if you plan to be in Rome at least 3 days. It covers admission to two museum/sights and unlimited metro/bus transportation for 3 days. We used ours on the Coliseum (11 Euro) and the Borghese Gallery (13 Euro). Then, with the number of times we used the metro and bus, we saved at least 10 Euro by getting the card. We bought our Roma Pass at the Palatine Hill ticket booth, but they are sold in Tobacco shops and other various locations as well.

Drinking Fountains

by fairy_dust

Some of the fountains are there for people to drink from (you'll either see a sign telling you the water is drinkable and/or people refilling their water bottles). No need to buy a new water bottle every few hours, just re-fill it at one of the fountains. Most of them are a spout coming out of a wall. You can also use these to wash your hands or splash your face with water if the weather is extremely hot.

Fontain del Mascherone has a twin in Spoletto

by icunme

Walking on Via Giulia toward the Tiber from Rome center just after we pass under the extraordinary vine covered bridge (another off the beaten path tip) built by the family Farnese, we find the Fontana del Mascherone (the Big Mask - do we wonder why it is so named?). Everyone agrees that this is one of the more bizaare monuments of Rome - and it does have a twin (not an identical twin - but a twin no less) in Spoletto (photo 2).
Another of the Farnese family gifts to Rome, no one seems to know who sculpted it - or at least no one in history cared to own up to the questionable artistry. It is said that the Farnese's had wine flowing from the fountain during their more notable soirees.

taxi!

by Globies

If you need a taxi from Stazione Termini, go to the official taxistand. The queues are long but go very quickly. Taxis are not very expensive and, as far as we have experienced, take you to from A to B in the shortest of time. Unlike taxis in Amsterdam, where they think you do not know the way in your own hometown...

My favorite gelato...ever!

by londonlover about Gelateria della Palma

I've had gelato all over America, including Boston's Little Italy, and then in several different cities in Italy. This is my favorite! Best flavor, best selection (over 100 flavors), and best texture. I heard this reviewed as a bit of a tourist trap, but I honestly thought it was better than some of the much smaller operations around the country. Their "Mousse" variety, whipped gelato, was my favorite. You could always get a four-scoop and try four different varieties. ;)

Comments