Partenone

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Rome

Close up of bronze chariotClose up of bronze chariot

statue of Lady Romestatue of Lady Rome

View from the cellView from the cell

Capitolino museum - Marcus-Aurelius statue.Capitolino museum - Marcus-Aurelius statue.

Loveliest bed and breakfast or apartment in Rome

by lengleng

Can anyone recommend a really lovely bed and breakfast or apartment for my family with a 2 year old?We don't mind paying a little more for the comfort of the baby :)
lengleng

by Lena1979

Hello!

When we were going to Rome, we have done some research at trip advisor. We really wanted to stay at Aberdeen Hotel which had lots of good reviews. However, it was completely booked. Eventually we stayed at Le Petiti Hotel, which was good. The room with balcony was nice (being a corener room, I guess it is bigger than other rooms). The room had a spacious bathroom with a shower. The service was great and it is conveniently located to sights and only a couple minutes walk to subway. However, there was no tea kettle and bath tub and these might be important while travelling with babies. Anyway I would suggest reading reviews at tripadvisor or other site before you book. Have a great trip in Rome! It will be one of your best travelling experiences for sure!

by lengleng

Thnak you for your help,will look into these 2 hotels you recommended :)Sounds like you know what having a 2 year old is like :)lengleng

by kathymof

You could try looking at www.rentalinrome.com or www.vrbo.com - several of the apartments are very nice

by lengleng

Thnak you Kathy,will do so :)

Travel Tips for Rome

Villa Borghese

by GUYON

Do a walking tour in the Villa Borghese, a pleasant garden near the Station Spagna and the famous Via Veneto.
This romantic image is taken in the garden : a small lake, an island with a temple. Using the stairs, leave the Garden by the Plazza del Popolo and walk Via del Corso. At the end of the afternoon, it is a pedestrian street with a lot of shops to visit.

Let your feet be your guide!

by Brehone

Walking is the best way to see and discover wonderful things in Europe. There are so many small streets and hidden treasures that tours don't take you to. I like tours for the information that they provide, but walking is the best way to find your favorite spots and memories.

Truly truly bad. Unspeakable. Almost funny.

by craic about Big Momma in Trastevere

Words almost fail me. I would have put this tip in Tourist Traps - but (1) Quite a few locals were here and (2) I got to talking to a guy on the travel forum who thought this might be an authentic blues spot - and if someone like him was looking for great nightlife he might not look in the Tourist Trap tips - because that is not what he is looking for.
I was told Santana were playing here.
I said - "What! Santana?"
Cover band.
Oh well - I thought. No harm in that. So I let myself get talked into it.
I had to pay a 13 euro yearly membership fee. Oh well. The drinks were pricey. Oh well. But they were playing a cd of Santana as we waited for the band to appear. That was nice.
And then the band came on stage and the cd of the real stuff was turned off.
Oh what horror.
Words fail me.
If the band arrived at the end of a piece they were playing at the same time - that was rather surprising.
They obviously hadn't rehearsed very much at all. They obviously had very little skill and talent.
I began to suspect the same band had to cover a different group each week.
Santana this week. Rolling Stones next week.
I never wanted to go back. Once was enough.
When my bag was stolen and I lost my yearly membership card I did not care one little bit. I never want to go back to that place.

I did feel sorry for the keen, young Santana fans who were waiting so eagerly. They tried to keep liking it and enjoy themselves, but that was not possible.

And who on earth thought it was a good idea to play a cd of the real stuff before the cover band went on????!!!!!

Best quality/price ratio in Rome

by codrutz about Gustosando

Though this restaurant isn't really in downtown Rome, it offers all you need after a nice day visiting Rome. They have very clean and modern interior and a small terrace. The place is always filled with clients, more locals, which is a very good sign.
I learned that you have to be very careful with restaurants in Rome's center, because there might be surprises (see my other Rome food tips) Home made pasta with mushrooms and the best pizza I have found in Rome (strange, but it's pretty hard to find that most talked about perfect pizza in Rome).

Double Decker Busstops

by leelee124

When you have a very limited time in Rome, the double decker bus tours, are great for a quick orientation to the city. They allow you to get on and off at various locations on the route, and provide brief commentary about the sites in many languages.

Comments