Via Marsala 80, Rome, Lazio, Italy, Rome, Lazio, 00185, Italy

Booking.com Hostelworld.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

• We couln't be happier!

I've been staying in this hostel with a group of friends in super cool private rooms. I loved the staff, very helpful and really really nice. The location is just great, it saved us a lot of time to see all of the things we wanted to, plus some extra cool places the receptionist suggested and showed us on the map. Don't miss San Lorenzo square! The free breakfast they offer you is just down the street, so you have to get dressed before sipping a delicious italian coffee and eat a italian style croissant, but it's definitely worth it, and it doesn't have a limit of time!

• Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Cheap Accomodation near Termini

We, a group of 5 friends, stayed in Pop Inn Hostel for two nights. The hostel was literally next to Termini and is located on Via Marsala, nonetheless, from the platform where airport train, Leonardo Express, terminates to Via Marsala's exit is quite a walk. So, don't take the exit next to Leonardo's platform and rather walk in the direcion of the train until the walkway ends on another perpendicular walkway, take right and you will find Via Marsala's exit.
    The hostel is located in a happening commercial area, there is not much special about the hostel other than its convenient location. Reception is located on the 2nd floor, and you may find Laura, the lady who runs the show, on the reception upon your arrival. They have other staff too who are friendly in the first look but their information level is limited to typical tourist attractions. Security is not that bad but not that good too, you may need to keep an eye on your stuff. The biggest problem we faced was the availability of electric sockets for recharging our gadgets. They have limited outlets in rooms and even those outlets were out of order. We often used one in the bathro om. They have charging facility in the reception area but upon your own risk. So atleast one of us had to sit down to watch for our charging gadgets. I think that they are partially inspired from Ryan Air as they took a deposit of 20 euros for each piece of electric socket we borrowed from them. In future, they might think of renting them out.
    We stayed in the dorm, where 8 beds were fixed in a small room, but the room was clean and liveable specially when we were on a short trip. There was one combined bathroom which was not fully functional but was clean and doable.
    The best thing was the location, we did not have any problems in moving around in our two days stay and we did Colosseum, Roman Forum, Platine Hill, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Vatican, Corso, a walk along the Tiver River, etc which would have not been possible if we were not living in the close proximity of Termini.
    Breakfast was also included, it is served in a nearby cafe and is simple: one drink with croissant, so we alway s had to buy something from nearby stores to supplement this.
    Overall the experience was good but I would search for a better accomodation near Termini the next time.

Unique Quality: Literally next to Termini, located in a happening but touristy vicinity, and walking distance from many tourist attractions.

Directions: Take Via Marsala's exit from Termini, cross the road, and the hostel is about 50 yards on right.

• HORRIBLE - AVOID

I was soooo disappointed in my stay at the Pop-Inn. After reading the reviews on this website, I was excited to stay at this place. I ended up disppointed, disgusted and left Rome early.

The bathrooms are shared by lots of people. VERY LONG LINES. I am used to hostels and sharing bathrooms but this was absurd. And the toilets fo not flush. there is a quaint little sign above the toilet joking about how the plumbing is old and just contact the front desk if you cannot get the toilet to flush (more then a few people did not do this - just left it for the next person to deal with)

The worst had to be the treatment of the reception staff to this group of Canadians. I was sitting in the common/reception room when these girls came in and were talking about some mix-up with a reservation the day before and how the guy who was working the desk that day lied to them and put them up (for over 80 euros!) in a friends apartment. something like that. anyway the guy at the desk started screaming at them, calling them something rather inappropriate in italian and followed them into the hall. one of them finally asked him to step back because he was becoming quite threatening. i flet horrible for them. needless to say - i too steered away from approaching any of the staff again at the desk (and left the next day)

there is lots to choose from in rome. stay away from this place. best of luck and happy travels!

Unique Quality: location - but there are thousands of others right near it.

• ana.gsm's Profile Photo

great place

i was there in March 2006, stayes for 5days. stuff is great, all speak pretty good english and they are willing to help with directons of advices on sight seeing....rooms are clean and 2-3 of them share a bathroom. But at least when i was there, it wasn't a problem.

• fairy_dust's Profile Photo

A funky youth hostel

Pop Inn hostel is very close to the Termini station so it's easy to get around Rome from there. The staff was friendly and helpful (they give you a map of Rome and recommendations for sight-seeing).

The rooms were clean, but some of the bathrooms weren't great (one had a toilet that was near-impossible to flush and didn't have hot water in the shower, another one had a broken sink we couldn't use). I was in a mixed dorm with 5 or 6 beds).

There are security lockers so you don't have to worry about valuables being stolen, and if you don't have a lock (or if the lock you brought doesn't fit), you can buy one from reception for about 5 Euros.

The common room is quite funky and colourful and has a tv, but closes at 11pm. There is no curfew or lockout, and you can use your key card to get in at night (and if you have trouble with your card, just ring the buzzer and someone will let you in).

Everyone gets free breakfast tickets for the length of their stay, you just bring the ticket to the cafe down the street (can't remember the name) and you get a free coffee and croissant/pastry.

Unique Quality: I especially liked that the place was clean, safe, and very central. There were only a few minor setbacks (some bathrooms weren't in top condition and my lock didn't fit on the lockers so I had to buy one from reception) but as a whole, the hostel was worth staying in.

Directions: go to the Via Marsala entrance/exit of the Termini station, walk to the right a few blocks, and across the street. Or look for the vertical "Pop Inn" sign sticking out of the hostel building.

• Don't Stay Here

Where do I begin?

First, the staff are unbelievably rude.
    You have to force them to give you all the information about what you are paying for such as towels included, free Internet and breakfast vouchers, etc.
    We booked a private room with a shower and ended up having to share a bathroom. We were not happy.
    No airconditioning, so beware in the hot summer months.
    Located in the convenient Termini location, however, it is also extremely loud on the street as well as your neighbors.
    Bathrooms are kept extremely dirty.
    One shower stall had a cracked glass pane that you have to put on the hinges yourself each time you shower.

Overall it is a horrible place.
    We will never stay there again nor do we recommend to our worst enemy.

• Slow slow staff

I suppose i had quite a nice stay in the Pop Inn Hostel. It is centrally located, just at the central 'Termine' train station. While the staff were relatively friendly, they were just SO slow. For a simple thing like getting a breakfast token in the morning, i had to wait around 25 minutes. There was always a queue at the reception desk. I ended up waisting a lot of time just hanging around waiting to be served. And rome is the one city where every minute is priceless. At 21euro a night (25 in the summer season), the Pop Inn is not Rome's cheapest accommodation. Another fault, is that the rooms are quite crowded. There isn't a lot of space for your things and you find yourself bumping into people. And after a days sight seeing, if you want to come back to the hostel and relax in front of the tv, or chat to fellow sight see-ers, it's not possible after 23:00 as the 'hang-out' room is closed for the night. All in all, i had an ok stay at the Pop Inn, but i have since heard that there are better accommodations to be found in rome, even to be found on the same street.

Unique Quality: The breakfast is really a treat. It consists of a delicious, fresh croissant of your choice as well as a nice warm or cool beverage and it's included in the price.

Directions: Via Marsala is just off the central 'Termine' train station.

• gasca's Profile Photo

Pop Inn

Not the best hostel I've ever been to, it's still quite decent.

Rooms are in different floors, and there's only one bathroom for each door, so it's quite unconvenient sometimes.

Staff is just nice, nothing special but they are kind people.

There's no kitchen, but the good thing is that they give you a ticket so you can have a coffe and a croissant for free in the bar just around the corner.

The hostel is well located, close to the station (Stazione Termini) and the area is not so bad as people say, although you need to walk for 20 minutes or so to get to the center or to the forum

Directions: Get out of the station Via Marsala and the hostel is very close to the bus station and Piazza del Cinquecento

• siso010's Profile Photo

The best Staff In Italy

Popin hostel is one of the best hostels in Rome almost its the best.
    We have stayed for 3 nights we paid 90euros for each night but we took a private double room with private bathrooms.
    In Popin you can stay in Dorm for 25 euros with 6-8 other persons.

The hotel provide a free internet access untill (10:30) PM 2 pcs in the hostel.,with awesome connection speed.

It also provide a breakfast with 1 crossionat and a drink ,you can take your breakfast till 2 pm.

Unique Quality: the staff is very friendly,once you go there ask for Luna or Motto and tell them I am siso's friend the Egyptian guy they will do thier best even if they dont have a bed for you they will search in the nieghbour safe hotels to stay in.

Luna is a very good girl with a fluent english speaking which you can not find this in Italy at all.

Directions: Just once you arrive to Termini(The main station) go to the right gate you will find McDonalds on your left,stop at the right gate and look to your right you will find POPIN HOSTEL signs 3 blocks away.

• rephluxx's Profile Photo

Cheap and central

I enjoyed my stay at the Pop Inn Hostel in Rome. The first great thing about this place was the location. We arrived in Rome via train so it was great only having to walk three minutes from the station to reach the hostel. Throughout our stay the location proved useful since the bus station in front of train station had transport links everywhere in the city. The hostel itself was clean and had a friendly young staff. Our private double room was spotless and cosy... and a steal at 55 euros. When the heating didn't work, the staff was very good about calling management and getting the problem fixed quickly. The only problem was finding a hot shower, but the staff took care of that problem once we let them know. Great value for the money, and most of all the hostel felt totally safe even though the area wasn't the safest. Video entries to every corridor plus heavy doors/locks to all the rooms.

Unique Quality: The decor is lively and young. I liked all the anime pictures hung in our room.

Directions: Stazione Termini.

• Pop Inn Hostel, great place to stay

We stayed there 2 days and were very satisfied with the conditions, price, location, service etc.

It's just 2 minutes by foot from Termini Central Station ( we could see it from the window of our room )and very easy to find.

We arrived there on 26.11.2004 around 16 without reservation and they arranged two beds in a dorm for 6 on the 3rd floor.

Unique Quality: People were very friendly and helpful, they helped for everything we asked for.

Rooms are clean & nice decorated, also toilets were clean.

Good located, you can walk to Colloseum or other places in 15-20 minutes.

Free internet access for 20 min.+ TV

Nice reception

Thev gave coupons for free pizza in a bar which is valid between 20-21.. Since we were late, they gave us coupons with which we each could have one shot for free! (not for just beer, we had tequilas and whiskey, votka, gin were the other options ! )

We were really happy to have selected that hostel..

I can recommend it to any one who wants to stay in Rome..

Directions: Exit to Via Marsala in Termini Main Station.

When u get out, you'll see Pop Inn sign on the right side, across the street. Very near !

• EllenH's Profile Photo

Great place to stay in Rome on a budget

We stayed 2 nights in Rome at this pop inn hostel. We could not have asked for a more friendly, helpful, young, English speaking staff. We were going through a difficult time with things at home and they were very helpful and wonderful to be around. We had a triple room with a shared bathroom for 75 euro which was very clean and attractive. It is very easy walking distance from the termini but it is behind the termini in which we considered to be the nicer side of the termini and was relatively quiet.

Directions: from the exit of the termini you can see the sign (if you take the right exit)

• A Clean and Friendly Place to Stay

We stayed at this hostel for two nights at the beginning of our trip and then I came back for four nights at the end of my trip. For those first two nights we paid 23 euros for a dorm room but when I came back near the end of my trip I had to pay 25 euros a night. There are about 3 floors and the rooms are small and the beds are about what you would expect. I had no problem sleeping in them. The rooms are coed, which didn't bother me at all. The only major problem I had with the hostel was that there was only 1 bathroom for about 20 people. This meant long lineups in the morning and at night. Also once a couple of people have used the shower in a row the water is ice cold. I ended up coming back at 4 or 5 in the afternoon to take my showers then, they were hot at those times. Some rooms have hair dryers and other rooms have sinks. The common room was nothing special, there were a couple of tables and chairs and some couches on the floor plus a tv. The hostel gives out cards for discounts at restaurants although it was our experience that the restaurants really weren't that good. Internet access is free but there are only two computers and the first time I was there the connection speed was super slow. The second time they were faster. Breakfast is included in the price but each morning you have to pick up a coupon and take that to a cafe down the road where you get a croissant and either a cafe late or a cappuccino. I thought the breakfast was perfect since I don't eat a lot in the morning anyway, but I did find the staff at the cafe cold and rude. They do offer free lockers but be advised that you have to provide your own lock and not all locks will fit on these lockers. In that case, you would have to buy a lock from the hostel.

Unique Quality: The hostel is located right beside the train station and the street is quite busy and noisy. Light sleepers would probably find the noise annoying. I also imagine that the place gets quite hot in the summer.
    There were several staff members who were very friendly and willing to answer questions. One was kind enough to let us use the common room after it had closed.

There is no curfew and no lockout and the place was very safe. You have to buzz to be let into the front door and you have to buzz again to be let into your room. There are video cameras up so that they can see whether you're actually staying there.
    I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for cheap, safe, and clean accomodations. Next time I come back I will stay there again.

What I loved most about this hostel and what I will always remember is the great people who stayed there. One of my favourite moments was staying up past midnight, drinking cheap wine and chatting with my other roommates. I met so many great people from all over the world, I will never forget them.

Directions: From the Termini Station look for the Via Marsala signs and use that exit. From there turn right and walk about 2 minutes, you can't miss it.

• Good Hostel, central

I stayed 3 nights at the Pop Inn Hostel.
    It is really central, only 2 minutes away from the Termini station.
    The breakfast is great, but at a cafe a little bit away. Look for a room at the second floor, there is it not so loud.

Directions: North of Station Termini

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo

Pop Inn Hostel

The hostel is located just behind Termini Railway station which is really handy.

Our stay at the Pop Inn hostel was fine, the common area is really funky and has big chunky cushions lying around and MTV playing.

Internet Access is included as is breakfast, but this involves visiting a small cafe along the street where you hand over a token and in return get a croissant and a cappucino/tea/coffee.

Unique Quality: Despite arriving at 1630, our beds were still not ready!!

Despite booking months in advance they still could not accommodate us in the normal dorm room and so we had to pay extra for a 6 bed room?!?

The showers went hot and cold without much pressure, but they were clean.
    The beds were uncomfortable and you could tell that they were really cheap mattresses!

The staff were helpful and friendly at all times.

• Mar 3, 2014 at 10:03 AM

o hostel bem localizado, uma vibe tri boa, tranquilo limpo e com um pessoal super gente fina que trabalham la, sempre prontos para ajudar!