Relais 19

Via Lisippo 19, Rome, 00124, Italy

More about Rome

Ecstasy of Saint TheresaEcstasy of Saint Theresa

Colosseum at NightColosseum at Night

the door with the keythe door with the key

PantheonPantheon

Seeking Nice (but Cheap) Hotel in Rome for College Student Trip

by swellgurl

Ciao, tutti,
I have stayed in Rome several times, but I'm writing on behalf of my boyfriend, who is taking a group of college students to Rome as part of a Spring Break program that he is organizing. He is looking for a nice (but cheap) hotel (around 80-100 Euros per night for a double, with breakfast included) near Termini or possibly in the region of Campo di Fiori. They will be staying in Rome on the nights of March 1-8 (to leave on March 9). Does anyone know of any nice hotels in the specified areas that are relatively cheap, have breakfast included, and would be safe for students to stay? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Lorraine

by yetist

I stay at a hotel about 4 blocks from Termini station, Hotel Romae. It has gotten excellant reviews. The price was 70 euro per night for a double. Breakfast is included. The area is fine to stay in, therre are lots of restaurants around. I found it on Venere.com, you will probably get the best prices on the internet. If you want to contact them directly here is the information.
Via Palestra 49
www.hotelromae.com

I have stayed here several times and have always been happy. The staff are very nice and helpful.

by worldinabag

Hi

Try Maria Hostel - http://www.mariahostel.com. Has the use of a kitchen. There is also the Hotel Panda - http://www.hotelpanda.it - which is well regarded and in an excellent location. Book ASAP!

by melissa_j

Well, is this an educational type spring break adventure? If so, maybe my suggestion isn't for you but...

I stayed at The Yellow hostel, about a 5 minute walk from Termini and with a Pam just around the corner. It's definitely more of a fun enviornment and most everyone who stays there loves it. I was a little more lukewarm but not because of the hostel. I was travelling alone and not into the partying because of that fact. It's got a great littlepub attached and you can buy your own liquor and bring it in. I paid like 28 Euro a bed for the nights I was there (may-june) and with the cafes and trattorias aroung it's a great place to chill out. I found it on hostelworld.com. I should mention that when I go to Rome next June I will be staying there again. Yeah, I think I may want to party it up this time around.

by swellgurl

Hi, all,
Thanks for the suggestions, but my boyfriend is looking for a nice, quiet place with breakfast included. A hostel perhaps wouldn't be the best place for his group (an educational Spring Break trip), as it wouldn't look very good to the students' parents that the group would be staying in a hostel. I know that nice, cheap hotels with breakfast included are rare in Rome, so I'm hoping that someone has a jewel of a hotel where they've stayed.

by melissa_j

Hey,

I know wht youmean about hostels but some (maybe not The Yellow) are actually just a less expensive option. Realyy, not that bad. I found one in Florence that was a family oriented hostel and I paid 24 Euro a night. I'm sure that exists in ROme somewhere, but breakfast included really isn't necessary. There are tonnes of bakeries and cafes where you could catch a cheap and quick breakfast. I paid 1,20 E (at most) for my latte machiatto and that would keep me going until I could grab a snack at 1-ish.

Travel Tips for Rome

VATICAN -ROME

by TONY786

Wednesday mornings at 10 a.m are the time when the holy father greets the crowds and gives his blessings in front of thousands. each seating area is split into sections and you can get a seat if you have the right coloured ticket.if you look smart just walk throughthe crowds early and take a seat at the front I did and was sat 4 rows from the front. The speaches and messages fro the pope area amazing and you must see him.

San Gregoria Magno (ctd.)

by alloquisha

Ok, so now that I consult my guidebook, it looks like this place isn't TOTALLY off the tourist track, but the description does not give it justice. According to legend, this church was the place where St. Gregory commanded St. Augustine to journey to England and convert the pagans there in the seventh century.

* You might be approached by an elderly gardener who will ask for a donation. It is rather small (1 Euro) but he gets aggravated if you don't speak Italian or French well.

Night Busses

by stiriano

All major night busses cross the place in front of the Termini station. The busses are leaving every 30 min. If your are not in the centro storico it's better to take the night busses than to take a taxi. Especially on Satturdays you have to wait for a long time for taxis!

You can buy tickets from the driver which isn't possible on day busses.

To download the pdf-file whit all lines click on the link.

Dove e' un buon Ristorante?

by Krystynn about Various

Hm, let's see.... I'm still not too familiar with Rome (but give me a few more visits and I promise to familiarize myself with every nook and cranny in this city!). What I'll do is to recommend the better places I've eaten in when I am in Rome.

Ristorante El ToulĂ
Address: 29B Via della Lupa
Tel: +39 06 687 3498.
Remarks: Wow, this restaurant (located near the Spanish Steps) must be one of the best places I've been to in Rome! I don't think the food here is inexpensive - considering the ambience and how other diners are dressed for dinner.
Recommendation: You must order their Broetto (a kind of fish soup... delicious)!

Ristorante Antico Arco
Address: 7 Piazzale Aurelio, Rome
Remarks: Another hip and trendy restaurant patronized by very well-dressed Romans and tourists. I dined on their delicious Ravioli and would highly recommend it.

Ristorante La Rosetta
Address: Via della Rosetta 9, Rome 00186
Tel: +39 6 68610 02
Remarks: Their seafood is mama mia! I'm sorry I don't know how much a meal here costs and I had no chance to scrutinize the menu in detail because every thing has been pre-ordered before I arrived.

This is why you really come to Rome

by beach7863

Before you buy a tour through your travel agent for the Coliseum just know that you can walk right up to the entrance and be approached by a tour group that will ask you if you would like to beat the lines in and have a licensed guide inform you of the history then once done (about 40 min) you are free to roam about on your own. We advise signing with this group. Without them you would stand in line for up to 2 hours to pay the normal 8 Euro per person entry fee. With this group, for an additional 10 Euros per person (total 18 Euro per person) you avoid a 1-2 hour line to buy entry tickets. Definitately worth it to us.

Comments