Corsia Agonale, 10, Piazza Navona, Rome, 00186, Italy
Expedia.com Hotels.com Venere.com

More about Rome

The blessing loggia with St.Peter and St.PaulThe blessing loggia with St.Peter and St.Paul

Day dreaming...Day dreaming...

Behind the wallsBehind the walls

The Temple of Hercules Victor, May 2007The Temple of Hercules Victor, May 2007

Rome to civitiveccia

by spikeycat

My husband and I are sailing on the Grand Princess on Oct. 25th. We will be staying at the Best Western Hotel Canada pre-cruise. It is a wonderful hotel where we have stayed previously. We would like to share transportation to the ship. If you are interested I can make the arrangements with a transport company. The more people the lower the price per person.

Re: Rome to civitiveccia

by Donna_in_India

Hi - a better place to post your question is on www.cruisecritic.com - under ROLL CALLS (Princess Roll Calls) for your specific sailing. There you will meet others that you will be cruising with. Have a great cruise!

Travel Tips for Rome

Piazza Navona

by karenincalifornia

Piazza Navona, which was a five minute walk from our hotel is usually a hub of activity, except in the early morning (see photo). Evening is the most fun. All the restaurants are busy, mimes and street performers are abundant, magicians and musicians are entertaining the crowds, and artists are displaying their works.

Tre Scalini, one of Rome's most reknown restaurants is located on Piazza Navona. It was highly recommended by my good VT friend, pchamlis, but unforunately, we did not have enough evenings to eat there. I hear it is very good. If pchamlis says it is good, it must be good.

Packing List

by bhagavan

I traveled light with a carry on conversion pack, it was worth it , and I'LL travel l ight on my next trip. I brought 2 disposable kodak cameras, which was all I needed. The pics came out great,I'll put them on site when I get a scanner I can use.

A plaster molding atelier...

by belgianchocolate about Souvenirs (General)

It is harly a shop , but we liked it ,
and just like many people we stopped and
had a look.
Plaster suns , little angels , the mouth of truth ,
or why not , a table foot...

All that for a couple of euros.
Very nice.
Everything is made just behind that
table you were looking at.

The Best food we had in Rome!

by ChartIt about Trattoria der Pallaro

They have a set menu that changes, you sit down and you eat what you are given and you dont complain or ask for anything. It is brought to you! You eat what they feed you, and the food is heavenly. We were the only people speaking English when we were there, it was a bit hard to find but it was soooo worth the looking. The price for us was 35 Euro for the 8 course meal which included wine, water, and shear pleasure of trying local foods! Truely we were just thrilled to see the owners running in and out of the kitchen bring bowls of pasta they had just made to the tables and it was so perfect and local and you feel like you could be really living in rome! The homemade orange juice is heaven. But everything was good! I would go back again in a heartbeat!!! You feel like you are roman for a night :)

Casual place near the Vatican

by abarbieri about Paninoteca Er Sor Guido

Officially it is what we call a "Paninoteca" so they should be serving only sandwiches, snacks and some drinks. However you can get a decent full meal here including a pasta dish, fish/meat recipes and good mix vegetables. Everything is served in plastic dishes and seat at one of the few small tables inside or outside. It is a very small family run place.
There is also red or white house wine available, served in recycled whisky bottles.
It is open only for lunch from 12 till about 4 pm. Closed on Sunday
No credit card. My meal on Tuesday March 18th:

Pasta with zucchini and speck
Roasted veal with mix veg
Strawberries with sugar & lemon