Via delle Quattro Fontane, 171-172, Rome, Lazio, 00184, Italy

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• lionmouth77's Profile Photo

italian living

My family stayed there for 5 days in Nov. 2007. It was an apartment that had contemporary art. There was a huge picture of naked people on a ship throwing food at some other naked people. Each floor had art. Anything you can think of it was made into art at this place. My brother was amused at the naked people pictures and my parents kept trying to cover his eyes. They don’t serve breakfast (or any other meals) there but we ate at the bar across the street for breakfast, and the people at the main desk gave wonderful recommendations of what to eat and do. It was great!Though I wouldn’t stay there if you are offended by naked people but isn’t that part of Italy?

Unique Quality: -It was centrally located.
    -The people were wonderful.
    - The property was interesting.

More about Residence Barberini

Rome Rome Rome

by lionmouth77

"11/27/07"

Again we had a private breakfast since the other guests were not at breakfast yet. After packing and driving to the Arezzo Train Station, my dad returned our car while the rest of us waited for our 11:05 train ride to Rome. My dad arrived with plenty of time to spare. He had plenty of time especially because our train got delayed an hour, and my dad said in Europe all the trains are on time. The European train system has proved him wrong. While we were waiting, we picked out food for the trip. Finally the train came. After spending my time doing homework, the train arrived in Rome. We caught a taxi to our hotel, Residence Barberini. Then we went to the North American Bishops office to get our Papal Audience tickets for tomorrow. Then we walked down to the Trevi Fountain “just to look,” we didn’t throw a coin yet. My mom was hungry so we went to eat dinner at Taberna. After we all came back to the hotel to rest while my dad went out to buy food since they don’t serve breakfast here.

"11/28/07"

This morning I ate my leftover pizza from last night for breakfast. My family and I went on the subway to the Vatican. We went to the Papal Audience. It’s where he speaks like 6 different languages and blesses us. I only understood about 1/6th of what the pope said. When it was over we went to see St. Peters Church. It is definitely the biggest church I have ever been to. There were even marks on the floor showing where other churches of the world would fit. After, we went to look at the popes tombs. Then we went to find some place to eat lunch. Next we climbed up the dome of St. Peters. I have climbed up one of Michelangelo’s great works of art. At the top we got great views of the city. I wanted to get my passport stamped because Vatican City is recognized as a separate city-state, but I don’t know where to get it stamped. Next we went out for dinner at Alfredo a S. Pietro. Lastly I went with my family for gelato at Gelateria Valentino. Gelato Count: 5

"11/29/07"

After I ate my leftovers from last night for breakfast, we went to the Vaticanfor our Scavi Tour. It was pretty interesting. I got to see where St. Peter’s bones are. It started to rain when the tour was over so we headed back to our hotel to get something to drink and an umbrella. We had another tour to see the ancient Rome ruins. First we went to the Colosseum. It was kind of morbid being where people used to go to watch people get killed just for the fun of it. We then went to the Roman Forum. It was basically a lot of crumpled stone. It was hard for me to picture how these ruins looked like when they were new. Our guide told us what the ruins were but still. We walked to the capitol buildings and saw some taxi drivers protesting. We came back to the hotel to rest before we went to dinner at That’s Amore. Then we went to look for a gelato place. When we found one I got some chocolate gelato. Then we went grocery shopping. Gelato Count: 6

"11/30/07"

Today there was a strike. The subway and busses were on a strike. We were told the taxi drivers were on strike too but, I guess not. Good thing because we needed to go to the Vatican to see the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. We got a tour. It was full of information but got a little boring after a while. My brother even took off his headphones 15 minutes into the tour. But I don’t think I could have known what everything was without a tour. Then we went shopping for gifts and things like that. We caught a taxi to the Pantheon. There is a hole in the roof and guess what, it was made that way. Kind of weird if you ask me. Then we went to the Cat Sanctuary. There were a lot of cats hiding in the ruins. I wanted to adopt one but they wouldn’t let because we live in the United States, too far. Then we went to a gelato place with like 50 different flavors. Last we went to an attraction called Time Elevator. We got lost on our way there because it is hidden down an ally. It is a motion simulator. We saw 2 shows. The first was “The History of Rome” I liked that one the best. Then the second one was how the earth and animals were formed. Gelato Count: 7

"12/1/07"

This morning for breakfast we went across the street to a bar, yes … a bar. (Kids are aloud in them.) I got a sugar doughnut. Then we caught a taxi to Plazza Navona. There was a carnival and craft show going on. My parents say it is because it is Christmas time. It was fun. There were carnival games which in my opinion were more for playing then winning prizes. I got a huge doughnut with, according to my mom, a 12 inch diameter. It had a lemony taste. We ate lunch at Tre Scalini. Then we walked to the Mausoleo of Augusto. It is where Emperor Augustus built a tomb for himself and family. Then we went shopping on Via Condotti. It was super busy. I don’t think it was suppose to be a pedestrian only street because cars still tried to drive down weaving in between people. We arrived at the staircase of Trinia dei Monti aka. The Spanish Steps. The only thing amazing to me was that they were older then the United States. On our way back to our hotel before church, we each threw a coin into the Trevi fountain. After church at Santa Susanna for the 6pm vigil mass in English, we ate dinner at the Hard Rock Café. Then we went back to the hotel to pack, for it was sadly time to go home.

Comments