Via Nicolo' V n.5, Rome, Lazio, 00165, Italy
Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Rome

vase and flowers matted with grime and dust!vase and flowers matted with grime and dust!

Neptunes Fountain (1574)Neptunes Fountain (1574)

view from st.angeloview from st.angelo

View from the terraceView from the terrace

Hotel / Hostel

by elpariente

We are a group of 8 persons that are travelling to Rome next September .
Can you recommend a nice hotel , not too expensive and with charm , in the centre , may be near Piazza Spagna ?
Tante gracie / Gracias !!!!

by elpariente

Thank you for your information , but we should like to have the recommendation of a traveller who has liked and enjoyed the hotel
In case that we do not get this info , we will try the web that you recommend

by Mozumbus

We stayed at Hostel Pop Inn right in front of Roma Termini. The place is small but liveable. Location and Price are unbeatable plus you get cupacino free in the morning...

by JohanIsWeg

We stayed at Hotel Grifo, which was very conveniently located for access to Termini, Forum Romanum and most of the other sites. Found we could walk there, but did catch the bus to the Vatican and metro train to visit the aqueducts.

Price was very reasonable, considering the location. Room was comfortable, breakfast filling and bottomless cups of coffee, which was great. Not a 5-star experience by any stretch, but who cares when you're in the eternal city!

Gracias !!!!!

by pupetta

If you are looking for a good accommodation, not expensive in Rome, I suggest you this site http://www.city-apartments-rome.com . There are many last minute offers and promotions activities throughout the year.

by weezybee

I know an hotel that is right in front of the Pantheon, the Abruzzi. It offers a marvellous view on the monument, actually my room was right in front of it, it was such a pleasure to wake up every morning and see that beauty!

Plus the staff is just absolutely lovely and the rates are low for such a central location!

Here's the website if you want to have a look http://www.hotelabruzzirome.com . BTW just a tip, always book your hotel on the official website, it'll always be cheaper!! =)

Travel Tips for Rome

NIGHT ATMOSPHERE @ PIAZZA NAVONA

by STEFZAMM

Oh what a lovely memory I have of Piazza Navona by night ! I remember as I was walking, heading to Piazza Navona, I was overwhelmed by the beautiful fountains, the sparkling lights, the splashes of water, the artists, the singers, the cafeterias, the ice cream shops... I dream of Rome and I can see Piazza Navona ! I guess apart from the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, must hold my fondest memories of Rome!

Here are the wonderful...

by fotografik

Here are the wonderful Italians I have met 5 years ago. Italians are very nice people and very friendly. You have to respect them and they will do the same to you. They are very warm and honest. I am so happy I have met them and kept-in-touch often, with at least one of them and his name is Andrea (sinistra - bello). He's the nicest and the best one of all :-) I am fortunate to have met him and glad that we are still keeping in touch. Friends are the greatest gift of all.

Chocolates in Roma : Bellissima

by von.otter about Moriondo & Gariglio

“Let not your mind run on what you lack as much as on what you have already.”
— Emperor Marcus Aurelius (AD 121-180)

Moriondo & Gariglio is the oldest chocolate shop in Rome. It began business operations in 1850 when the first shop was founded in Turin as the chocolatier to the House of Savoy, Italy’s royal family. When Vittorio Emmanuel and his Court and family moved to Rome following the country’s unification Moriondo & Gariglio followed, opening a branch in the new capital.

Its recipes have been handed down for generations over the company’s 100+ year history. The chocolates are hand made on the premises.

We visited this old-world shop, with its red walls, dark wood trim and glass shelves lining the wall, at day’s end; the shop was empty of customers. We could take our time with our selections; samples were even offered. Nothing is prepackaged; anything you want will be boxed by hand by the sweet, non-English-speaking staff. But do not worry: this is chocolate, a universal language! Chocolates are not the only confections for sale; those made from almonds, chestnuts, and other nuts are also very good.

River boats of Rome (I Battelli di Roma)

by Sarita76

River boats are a pretty new way of getting around this beautful city and see Rome from the Tiber, the most ancient monument.
I left from Calata Anguillara, a few steps from Tiberina Island, and went to Ponte Duca d'Aosta and then the same way back.
You have the chance to see the city from another point of view and I highly recommend this experience!

Don't miss the pizza!

by mpileggi about Pizzeria Wanted il Posto Ricerato

I asked Katie at my hotel to recommend a place to have pizza for lunch. She recommended Wanted. It’s located off via Cavour. I sat outside under large umbrellas eating some delicious pizza while it rained. I had the Margherita w/proscuitto. The crust was thin and the pizza had been cooked in a traditional wood oven. I also had ¼ liter of red wine. 11 Euros.

Comments