Via Modena 5, Rome, 00184, Italy
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Residenza Cellini

Hotel Cellini a slice of heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member pilotmomandpop

We found the Residenza Cellini a slice of heaven in the midst of Rome!
Our positive experience began before we ever arrived with the prompt and informative responses to our questions from Donato, Gaetano and Barbara (the 3 owners). Their suggestions were extremely helpful and their arrangement of our transport from the airport to Cellini was perfect. From the minute we stepped into the elevator, the service was impeccable, caring and far exceeded our expectations. The two brothers and sister plus their staff are genuinely interested in making their guests feel comfortable, welcomed, and very special indeed! The rooms are lovely offering the most modern and comfortable amentities. (Love that jacuzzi shower after a long day of walking.) They made reservations for tours, restaurants and transportation making it so easy to do everything! They were informative about attractions, sights, etc. The location is incredible...one block to metro or bus. Shopping, restaurants and museums are all within easy walking distance. The neighborhood is so safe. The breakfast provided each morning was wonderful...delicious fresh pastries, hard rolls, proscuitto, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt and awesome cappucino, expresso or Cafe American.
Fresh flowers and lovely piped in classical music add that special touch! Donato, Gaetano and Barbara have thought of everything! You absolutely will not be disappointed if you choose Residenza Cellini!

The perfect ending of a perfect trip!!!

My husband and I had been traveling for over 2 weeks and ended our trip at Residenza Cellini, staying 2 nights. We had a junior suite and I can't tell you HOW WONDERFUL it was to have a room with new and updated furnishings, a jacuzzi tub and the most gracious service we had experienced.

I have been in the hotel business personally, for over 20 years and this crew truly defined the meaning of hospitality!!

Thank you!

Allison Helfen

Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member PalosVerdesPeninsula

Wonderful time at Residenza Cellini from April 6-April 9th! The owners are so friendly and go out of their way to make your stay special. The rooms are so lovely and large! Bathrooms delightful. The breaksfast was plentiful. The location was great also--we walked everywhere with the exception of the Vatican---bus 40 around the corner. We took a taxi home from P. Navonna. Target Restaurant around the corner was excellent as were the other places the staff suggested. I highly recommend this fabulous hotel.

Quality, Quality, Quality!

My husband and I decided to stay at Residenza Cellini at the end of January for eight nights after reading reviews on this site. Like most large cities, people will give you advice on where to stay and where to avoid. My sister had recently been to Rome and was full of advice and told me to avoid anywhere around Termini. When she found out I had gone against her advice she wasn’t impressed and equally snooty about it being a ‘residenza’ rather than a fully blown hotel. However, this is the secret and the key. Residenza Cellini is more akin to a luxury guesthouse than a hotel (it has only six rooms and they don’t serve evening meals). This by no means reduces the quality in fact if one word was to sum up R. Cellini it is ‘Quality’. Call it a boutique hotel if you must, but however you want to label it, this place is faultless. Rooms, décor, linens, beds, cleanliness, furniture, china, parquet flooring, staff/hosts, service, ambience - this place was perfection. We had a junior suite with Jacuzzi bath and it was a treat to return after a busy day to such a beautiful room we could relax in and enjoy. The staff were sincere and bend-over-backwards helpful and service was discrete and swift. It had many little touches that make it standout as special and I would love to go back again soon.
About the area: it is close to Termini but don’t let that put you off. All the nasty stories you hear and all those horrible anonymous substandard ordinary hotels are not beside the Cellini, they’re over by the Santa Maria Maggiore church. The other strange thing (to me) was where is it; it’s in a building with lots of other businesses. This apparently is quite common in Rome and I was told this before we arrived. When we were looking for the place I knew to look for a brass plate on a door rather than a big obvious hotel with a driveway and lobby. It does not conform to how you imagine a hotel will look like – but that’s just Rome. There’s also a lift to the hotel floor so it is suitable for prams and older travellers.
Thank you to all at Residenza Cellini - especially Pietro who guided us to Ostia Antica. Anne & Duncan MacPhail

Perfection!

You go through the massive door of a 19th century courtyard building, glide up the beautiful little elevator and come into Residenza Cellini, a peacefully quiet oasis that feels like the luxury VIP wing of a tasteful, chic palazzo hotel. Rooms are beautifully furnished in old world style, with the latest modern luxuries, and very, very comfortable beds. Impeccable housekeeping -- the place sparkles. A tasty, attractive breakfast buffet (coffee made fresh to order) is served in a friendly, elegant room where it is equally easy to chat with fellow guests or to enjoy a cocoon of privacy. For an astonishingly reasonable rates we enjoyed the gorgeous accommodations, highly efficient service/operations, and the remarkably gracious and generous hospitality of the owners and staff. We got fine advice about restaurants, special lesser-known sights, how to get from one place to another most efficiently; they quickly arranged reservations, got us scarce opera tickets in advance of our arrival, and shared lots of detailed "insider" information that enabled us to see and enjoy so much more than we expected in the time we had. Because the hotel couldn't accommodate us for all of our time in Rome, they arranged other accommodations for us, moving our luggage back and forth, and continuing as our hosts even during the days we were staying elsewhere.

If you are traveling as a family, or love to cook, note that Residenza Cellini also has a wonderful, spacious, well-equipped apartment in a fashionable residential area on the Vatican side of the Tiber, a short walk from St. Peter's as well as the Spanish Steps. We stayed at the apartment for our last five nights, and greatly enjoyed the different location and lifestyle. It's hard to choose between Residenza and apartment experiences -- having both was a wonderful treat.

Superb Roman Hospitality

We wish to record our thanks to the staff at Hotel Cellini for their wonderful hospitality and high level of service. The hotel was immaculately maintained and the decor was beautiful and classically tasteful. The owners and staff were welcoming, courteous and friendly and completed our fantastic experience of Rome. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

A Fabulous Hotel

I chose this hotel because of the great reviews on this site and I wasn't disappointed. The hotel was lovely, our room was gorgeous and the owners were so friendly and helpful.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Wonderful facility and impeccable hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member htber

We recently returned from a wonderful eight-day visit to Rome and its environs.

While there we stayed at Hotel Cellini, a very nice small hotel located on a quiet, safe street with nearby shoping and public transportation.

The facility is first-class--we stayed in a spacious Junior Suite--but the finest aspect of Hotel Cellini is its impeccable hospitality: The owners and staff cheerfully made all our dinner reservations, arranged transportation to and from the airport, had breakfast ready at 6:30 on two mornings we were leaving early, and spent a lot of time carefully marking maps and explaining the best way to get to various sites around Rome. By the end of the week, my wife and I felt as if we were being hosted by family.

We will return to Rome and would not think of staying anywhere other than the Hotel Cellini.

Ty and Linda Black

P.S. There are three negative reviews on Hotel Cellini on this website.
I can assure you that whoever wrote these reviews did NOT stay at the Hotel Cellini. Its a shame that someone is willing to make such scurrilous comments. I have posted my e-mail, which I usually do not do, just in case anyone wants more information about the Hotel Cellini.

Fantastic! I can't say enough wonderful things!

by TripAdvisor Member dmatt

I just returned last night from a wonderful stay in Italy. I simply can't say enough about the high quality of care I received at the Hotel Cellini. The staff bent over backwards to help in any way they could. They were friendly, charming, had many wonderful suggestions for sightseeing and restaurants. I had a superior dbl, so I can't comment on the regular dbl, but the room I had was quite large, utterly spotless, with a huge bathroom. Unfortunatley, they didn't have a room for my first night there, so I had to stay at a sister hotel. All I can say is that the other hotel, that is much more expensive and more highly rated, can't hold a candle to Cellini. I read another reviewer that left their email address, and I will welcome inquiries as well. (---) This hotel is next to the Italian Defense Ministry, so there are guards with machine guns walking along this street. To call it unsafe is preposterous. Also, the fact that the hotel is on a side street makes you wonder how the person could call it 'loud'. The bottom line, is that I will never stay at another hotel in Rome.

Lovely Accommodations

Well appointed, large and clean rooms, shower a bit tiny but typical for a european hotel. Quite and safe location that was very centerally located. Walked to nearly every attraction in Rome except for the vatican which was a simple ride on the very efficient Metro. Staff was courteous and helpful, very willing to assist with requests. Stayed for 4 nights at the beginning of April, wished we could stay longer! I would definitely stay at the Cellini again. Note to weary travelers walking from the train station: Hotel is located on the corner of Via Toraino and Via Modena right above Resturant Target. We had some difficultly finding hotel since the building is shared with other hotels and businesses, sign is very small and not extremely apparent.
We walked by the hotel twice without even knowing -- but once we found it, the experience was wonderful.

Ticket Checking at Roman Forum EntranceTicket Checking at Roman Forum Entrance

Skull of St. Valentine, S. Maria in Cosmedin, RomaSkull of St. Valentine, S. Maria in Cosmedin, Roma

Ara Pacis, Detail, May 2007Ara Pacis, Detail, May 2007

Mother of Fertility outsideMother of Fertility outside

Bed and Breakfast in Rome

by lota82

Could somebody recommend me a nice central bed and breakfast? Thank you

by J_Antunes

In Rome I stayed in a youth hostel called Frienship place. The hostel is quite central (Termini area), extremely clean and people are nice. I payed 20 euros a night in August to stay in a dorm. You have also breakfeast, 30 minutes free internet acess and also discount in some restaurants.i booked througout www.hostelworld.com

by abarbieri

contact Mr Alessandro at www.bellesuiterome.com
It is not the cheapest, but they have 7 nice, new, clean rooms on Via Modena 5, still near the Termini train station but in a quite and safe area.Also Residenza Cellini (see tripadvisor rating) is in the same building.
I do strongly suggest this area in any case, also because it is very convenient for getting everywhere by walk.
Antonio

by iandsmith

I checked out the B&B's via google and found heaps. I ended up staying at i tetti di Roma which was nice and conveniently located about a block and a half from the underground.
Cheers, ian

by pacoloveschocolate

We are staying at Oliveri B&B. It is centrally located. They have very nice rooms with ensuite bathroom/showers. I found them on www.knowital.com. Their website is

Angelo Oliveri is the owner. He is very nice. He personally answers all my emails very promptly. He reserved several rooms for me in October 2005. Room rates are 75 euros per night. This includes double room, breakfast, all taxes. Check them out.

by pacoloveschocolate

Sorry the Oliveri website didn't show up on my last post. It is oliveribedandbreakfast.com

Frank