via Maria Lorenza Longo 14, Rome, 00151, Italy

Al Sogno toy shopAl Sogno toy shop

Luggage Storage at Civittavechia

by fossettes

Hello Oh-Worldly-Ones,

My parents will be ending a cruise in Civittavechia and renting a car for a few days to dive to Florence. Since they will have just gotten off a 20 day cruise, they will have a lot of luggage. They're hoping to store some of it at Civittavechia and take only what they need to Florence, thus getting a smaller car.

So, the question is - is there some sort of luggage storage at the port - either lockers or a luggage check?

Thanks,

Kelly Anne

by gaudygoddess

I know this is going to be expensive, but if there aren't any storage facilities, your parents can always arrange with the cruise line to courier it back to their home country.

by mccalpin

Kelly Anne, I don't know about the port, but the Trenitalia website does not report that there is Left Luggage service at the train station...Civitavecchia is not a real big place, after all...so, I don't have a solution yet, except for taking it with them (or shipping home as the previous poster said ;-) )...

Bill

by fossettes

Thanks for your replies. I have a feeling they'll have to just rent a larger car - one they'll be able to sore it all...

by abarbieri

Kelly Anne,
Unfortunately this service is not available neither at Civitavecchia port nor at the small train station there.
If your parents are getting a flight back home from a Rome airport it might be worth to check the possibility to get the rented car there and fix the luggage before leaving to Tuscany.
Antonio

Travel Tips for Rome

With this page I've tried to...

by AndreasK

With this page I've tried to go beyond listing the sites of this fantastic city. I've included a few spots which you may not find as detailed on other Rome pages, e.g. the Catacombs, Ostia and images of the old Rome (see my traveloges). I've also included nearby Frascati and the resort of Sperlonga. For information on St. Peter and the Vatican Museums, please visit my Vatican page.

Sant Ignazio - Hugh perspective ceiling paintings

by Chamsa

The church Sant Ignazio is dedicated to St Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus. It was built between 1626 and 1650 by Orazio Grassi S.J., funded by Ludovici Cardinal Ludovisi, a nephew of Pope Gregory XV.
The rich Baroque style building is famous for two perspective ceiling paintings by Fr. Andrea Pozzo S.J.: the "Glory of Ignatius" in the nave and the false dome in the nave, which is actually canvas that is 17 metres wide. The best spot to appreciate the effect is marked on the floor.

Location: 8/a Via del Caravita / Piazza di Sant'Ignazio

Metro & Bus In Rome

by gasca

There are 2 metro lines in Rome, Line A and Line B , none of them go to the center, so probably you'll have a long way back if you walk around Centro Storico , and knowing some bus lines will be quite useful.

Bus 40 - From Stazione Termini to Vatican (Castel Sant'Angello)

Great Service You will go back again...

by jennwerner about Ristorante "da Vincenzo"

This place is great. We went here 3 times while in Rome. They made us feel special here and the food was great. Really nice place obivously family owned and lots of locals eat here. The second night we went here we were instantly greeted with a warm friendly smile.... I loved every thing we had here. THe steaks were good. The wine was inexpensive and good. THe Penne was my favorite thing I had here. My husband loved the lasagna and the desert here is amazing. But what we liked best about this place is we didnt feel like outsiders like we did in many of the other places in ROme. THe waiter even took the time to tell us how expensive the lobster would be if we ordered it. That was a nice thing for him to do as a waiter at another place left us shocked when we got the bill.

Toss a coin over your left shoulder!

by xxgirasolexx

If you love Rome as much as I do, you must go to the Trevi Fountain and toss a coin over your left shoulder to insure your return. The farther you stand from the fountain, the sooner you will return.

Comments