Residenza Storica

Via dei Pettinari, 73, Rome, 00186, Italy
Residenza Storica
Venere.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Rome

The patio of the apartmentThe patio of the apartment

A painting of RomeA painting of Rome

Baldacchino and High AltarBaldacchino and High Altar

Terme di Caracalla - central partTerme di Caracalla - central part

Cell phones in Italy

by Janelle41

Considering using our cell phones while in Italy to confirm/make reservations...anything special we need to be aware of and how do we get our phones prepared for use out of the USA? Thanks, Janelle

Re: Cell phones in Italy

by footstool

It depends on who your carrier is, applicable roaming charges, whether your phoneset is 3 or 4 bands, and has a removable SIM card. I have an IPhone, which is very costly to use outside of the US, even for Mapquest and Google maps. AT&T charges per KB!! Better to print out your own maps before you leave home. When I went to Paris in February 2009, I bought a "European" phone from callineurope.com. For 50USD, I got the physical phone (I chose the low-end Motorola C123) with SIM card, including the shipping. Then I'm billed on my credit card a la carte; no wacky plans. I'm lending it to my son for his trip next month.

Re: Cell phones in Italy

by GlobeTrekr

Not all US carriers give automatic access to use abroad. Its free with everyone but you need to activate the service. Just call and let them know or if you manage your account online you can do it yourself.

Be aware of the charges. As footstool said it can get very expensive. I have tmobile and they also charge per kb when using apps such as google maps (which is BEAUTIFUL to have at your fingertips when abroad) but can get very pricey. Thats if you have blackberry/iphone and even plan on using those things. Actual phone calls will be even more expensive.

You should be able to make/confirm reservations via email which is much, much cheaper than using your cell phone overseas. Just print them out as you confirm at your hotel lobby internet pc or internet cafe.

Travel Tips for Rome

i would not miss the trip to...

by vinp

i would not miss the trip to the vatican as there is quite a lot of history,art and things to do in just this one area. my fondest memory besides visting with my roman friends while there was just the sheer amount of activity and life going on in every piazza or street even late into the night.

Mini Guide to Rome

by Webboy

We took the 'Rough Guide - Mini Guide to Rome' with us. You don't look to touristy with it, and it is full of excellent, accurate infotmation. If we hadn't taken it, our 3 days would not have been anywhere near as much fun! Why do i like Rough Guides books so much????? Because they are written by people who have actually been, and not from facts taken from other books.

Get this book......its only around £6 - £10

Latest brand names

by Jenniflower about Women's Clothing

This shop was found about 4 shops down from the Trevi fountain. All kinds of branded memorabelia. Not typically Roman, and expensive! I am not into brands at all so wasnt that interested, but my sister and sister-in-law were looking for leather purses (to put in their new Italian leather red handbags I presume? haha)... so I browsed while they shopped.

Needless to say, I came out with nothing. EXPENSIVE, and that which was cheap, is pure tack.

Be Careful with Gran Caffe Cavour!!!

by Alcepulcro about Gran Caffe Cavour

Be Careful with the adjective 'Gran' from Gran Caffe Cavour. 'Gran' comes from the big prices they earn when you sit in their tables: items can cost up to 5 TIMES!!!! more than the prices that are displayed on the wall. And don't think about asking for the claiming form. They don't have them and even they take out a big man to frighten you.

Places like this give a bad impression of such a beautiful city as Rome. None of them.

If You've Got Euros to Burn...

by anne_h about Agata e Romeo

This is a very, very expensive restaurant. We went there for lunch on Christmas Day and it was wonderful. Agata cooks and Romeo serves. The food is traditional Italian but sometimes with a twist. Agata tends to make a lot of delicious "flans" out of parmesan cheese and the like. I also took a cooking class with her--she made it look so easy!

Comments