Residenza Vaticana

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Rome

Castel Sant'Angelo by nightCastel Sant'Angelo by night

Santa Maria in Cosmedin churchSanta Maria in Cosmedin church

The brilliance of the ceilingsThe brilliance of the ceilings

This is the spot where Ceasar was killedThis is the spot where Ceasar was killed

Looking for accomodation in Rome - hostel/B&B/appartment -end of June

by RKH88

Can anyone tell me a good/clean hostel/B&B/appartment in Rome (within the city)? I am going to Rome near the end of June (18-22) for a few days.

Re: Looking for accomodation in Rome - hostel/B&B/appartment -end of June

by domenicococozza

Hi
I'm sure you'll get a big response to this quesion, but we have been to Rome may times and have sayed in some of it's finest hotels, but one of my favourites is still a little 3 star b&b on the Via Marulana called the Hotel Amalfi.
I'm pretty sure there will be a website for them. Spotlessly clean and in a good
position to visit all the attractions.

Re: Looking for accomodation in Rome - hostel/B&B/appartment -end of June

by squatter80

You can try to search it by thesmartcactus.com. Prices are quite well and first of all I've found a good back-office system, very polite! I was in Rome in March and there were no problem, the apartment was like they've described it, clean and confortable! have nice trip!

Travel Tips for Rome

Auto Repair Shop

by Pawtuxet

If you have to take your car to a repair shop, you might as well look at something beautiful. This Roman must have an appreciation for design and art and color. I wouldn't mind taking my car here for repairs. Maybe a little coffee while you wait?

Arch of Constantine

by Paul2001

The Arch of Constantine is the largest of Rome's many arches. It was built in 315 A.D. by unknown architects. It stands 25m high, 21m wide and 11m deep. The arch was built to celebrate Emperor Constantine victory over Massenzio. Much of the marble used to construct the arch was actually removed from other Roman monuments. This is also the case with some of the decorations. It has been suggested that at the time of the Arch of Constantine's construction, that the skills to build such a monument no longer existed in Rome, hence it was necessary to recycle older sculptures. The arch was built towards the end of Rome's real power and this is quite possibly true. The reliefs featured on the arch are of victories by Mark Aurelius and Constantine. The Arch of Constantine stands roughly in between the Roman Forums(from where I took this photograph) and the Coliseum. For this reason it is easily overlooked however in most locals it would be considered an important monument.

DO NOT RENT A CAR IN ROME!

by So_Cal_David

Signage is horrible in Rome. Outlying areas are OK, but I highly recommend you NOT rent a car in Rome. Use the trains. If you do rent a car, do NOT rent from Avis. I tried driving in Rome and ended up taking the car back less than 2 hours later, because the GPS told us we were approaching Orvieto, only to come upon the Colliseum again!! When I returned the car, Avis told me I would have to pay for the entire 5 days I had reserved the car. (You know darn well they rented it later that day.) A call to Avis when I returned home got me only a 2 day credit!! AVIS SUCKS!!!!

San Pistachio Gelateria a Must!

by 3Musketeers about San Pistachio Gelateria

When visting Rome you MUST have a gelato at the San Pistachio Gelateria in the Campo dei Fiori Square. We could not believe how heavenly these treats were. We tried both the Tiramisu and Pistachio flavors. It is by far the best gelato in the world. The San Pistachio Gelateria is located right in the Campo dei Fiori Square. Tiramasu & Pistachio gelatos!

St. Paul Outside the Walls (Basilica di San Paolo

by fdrich29

This was the first thing that caught my eye when driving from DaVinci Airport to our hotel on Nazionalle. I knew that would be something to check out while we were in Rome, although I didn't know what it was. I inquired at our hotel and they told me it was St. Paul's Basillica and we decided to visit after our second trip to the Vatican. We didn't go into the Basillica itself, just walked around the grounds, which are breathtaking. The statue of St. Paul quietly demands attention and respect. The colors of the paintings on the Basillica are vibrant and quite beautiful.

Comments