Roccino L/003

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Rome

they placed me by the piesthey placed me by the pies

Bernini Sculpture inside the churchBernini Sculpture inside the church

Ponte Sant'AngeloPonte Sant'Angelo

Rome; the way the light relfects off the buildingsRome; the way the light relfects off the buildings

how to travel from FM Gemilli to the Spanish steps in rome

by mike393

Does anyone know how to travel from FM Gemilli to the Spanish steps.Thanks, mike

by leics

Here's a map of the Rome suburban railway/Metro:

Gemelli is on the suburban railway line.

Get off at Valle Aurelia and change to Metro line A, direction Anagnina.

Get off at 'Spagna'.

by mccalpin

This is interesting, because I keep getting different answers depending on exactly where we start.

First, I assume you're going to be at the Policlinico Gemelli, right? Well, it's true that there is an urban rail station not far away called Gemelli, but when I ask ATAC (the public transit system) for routings, it gave me two other possibilities:

1. Take the 994 from near the hospital to the Valle Aurelia station and pick up Metro A there, just as leics said. This bus runs every 10 minutes during the morning rush.

2. But when I used the exact address for the hospital (as opposed to "Largo Gemelli" without a number), the ATAC website suggested that I take the 146 bus to the Battistini stop for Metro A (this is in fact the end of the line). The 146 runs every 10 minutes and doesn't seem to have to go quite as far to the Battistini stop as the 994 will have to in order to get to the Valle Aurelia stop...and since the Metro is much faster than buses, the sooner you're on the Metro, the best timewise.

Note that most buses have more frequent schedules during morning and evening rush, and will slow down between times, until they stop running sometime after 11 p.m.

So why didn't ATAC offer the rail option? Probably because the rail line along here isn't nearly as frequent as the bus. From my vague recollection of this line, it tends to run about once an hour during rush, because it's bringing commuters from the countryside north of Rome (i.e., it's regional rail, not a Metro system).

OK, well, you will certainly be able to ask people when you get there, but it's clear that you have plenty of choices ;-)

Bill

by mccalpin

Nope, my bad, I just looked at the FM3 schedule, and the train runs much more frequently than I thought, so close into town (the FM3 is much less frequent the further from Rome it is).

At the 8:00 a.m. time frame, it runs something like 5 times before 9:00 a.m., although it slows done somewhat after that...even so, my 1 hour is way off...oh, well...

You can see the times for yourself at www.trenitalia.com using "Gemelli" as the start and "Rome" as the end.

Note that this train goes down the west side of Rome and swings around along the south, ending up at Roma Ostiense (not too far from the Pyramid [yes, there is one in Rome], St. Paul Outside the Walls, etc. - and this is also a big Metro stop, but on the B line.

Anyway, have fun!

Bill

Travel Tips for Rome

Visit the Vatican. Even though...

by Cazza777

Visit the Vatican. Even though I am a very lapsed catholic I just had to visit the centre of the Roman Catholic religion.
We arrived on a Sunday & were there for a blessing from 'Il Papa' It was a great event, very moving and I truly envy the thousands of people with such a great faith. Great pizza & red wine!
The Trevi Fountain at night was very impressive too

T-Shirts Speak our Minds

by icunme

T-shirts with the portrait of Ernesto "Che" Guevara (1928-67), an icon of the 1960s, are still well sold at peace rallies. For those who are not fully familiar with Italian matters the number 5 on some t-shirts is a reference to a TV channel owned by Mr. Berlusconi.

Food is a MUST in Italy...

by aliante1981 about Castroni

...And Rome is no exception. To find something unique & renowned at the same time, you should go to Castroni.

At this old-fashioned store, you'll find an amazing array of unusual foodstuffs from around the Mediterranean: herbs from Puglia, pepperoncino oil, cheese from the northern region of Valle d'Aosta.

It is also a place for those longing to eat something North American, which you're
unable to get elsewhere in Italy. The likes of taco shells, corn curls, and peanut butter, in short.

Buses

by thirstytraveller

There are loads of bus lines in Rome, which take you wherever the rails don't reach. Simple low-floor city buses by Mercedes-Benz and other Central-European manufacturers are running. There are also some express routes that don't stop everywhere. Most of the bus lines stop working a bit after midnight, but night buses take you home safely.
Buses are air-conditioned, of course, but as windows are usually opened, it's still getting hot in there. In couple of evenings, though, I caught buses that were like fridges!
On peak hours, buses might get packed, but at daytime, it's usually not that bad.
Stops are not announced, but there's a route display in each bus.

Very good pizza

by Turska about Pizzeria san Callisto

My Vt friend Gili has told that we MUST go here,so we must..He was right,pizza was good.We had to wait for the table outside for 20min,but we were not in hurry.There was many delicius sounding things like antipasti,but that time we didn´t feel like eating anything more than pizza.I believe,that those who love rucola,will have delicious pizza,because if you ordered pizza with rucola,there really was lots of it.Wine was also good.There was allways people waiting for tables.Service was nicer at some other places,but ther wasn´t nothing wrong with it either-we Finns don´t fancy waiter to be "over-friendly"
We were planning to come once more,but it was before we found very good pasta-restaurant.There is too many good restaurants to go,time runs out! We had pizza salami with garlic,and house white wine.Bottom of the pizza was somehow different than usual,in the good way!And housewine was good,like allways in Italy..
By the way-this was cheapest pizzeria in Rome we visited,and best pizza we ate in Rome-usually they don´t come hand in hand.

Comments