Via Alberto Cadlolo 101, 00136 Rome, Italy

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Breathtaking Vacation

I stayed at the Rome Cavalieri - Waldorf Astoria hotel and resort with my husband and 4 children. firstly, i loved this place because it was kid-friendly. it was referred to us by a rep at IDS,Inc. and they are always on point when helping us choose a destination. this hotel has most amazing panoramic views of the Vatican and was enveloped inside a Mediterranean Park.... couldnt get any better than this! IDS Discovery had told me it would be a vacay to remember and they were correct. the amenities include were turkish baths, a jacuzzi, tennis courts and babysitting. i will never forget how they treated us at IDS,Inc and we are glad to leave a review for Virtual Tourist. Please don't stop offering great tips and advice.

Unique Quality: turkish baths and babysitting

Directions: 5k. from Vatican

• wandabendik's Profile Photo

hilton at it's best, for the money it should be!

The room was very spacious and comfortable, with a suite and coffe table in an ajoining area to the bedroom. The maid service never disturbed us, we were up early and out most of the days.The bathroom was fully stocked with goodies.
    I would recommend this hotel, but i don't know if i would pay the extra for the rome view, it was a gift for me so it was a really beautiful thing to receive, in the evening on our return there was a duet singing by the pool which was very romantic. Thank you to my partner for a lovely holiday.
    The breakfast room was full of delicacies i had never seen before like japanese foods, a great experience to be able to try some lovely food.We also sat outside on the veranda with the birds chirping away, a perfect stay.

Unique Quality: Paid extra for the Rome view which was disappointing, couldn't see the view for the trees.The grounds were nice but not as big as expected, and to use the outdoor pool was another twenty pounds each, which we didn't take advantage of as we were there to sight see.We did go down to the spa for a quick look which was nice for an early morning dip, and exilerate you for the day, this was inclusive with my partners silver points scheme with hilton hotels.

Directions: Past the Vatican .

• kenyatta's Profile Photo

Hilton Cavalieri

EXCELLENT!! The view is the best! The executive lounge in the best I've ever experienced. From the balconies, you can see the entire city of Roma!!

Unique Quality: The executive lounge was unbelievable. The view of the City from the lounge was absolutely breathtaking.

• gugi66's Profile Photo

ITALYS BEST HOTEL

OUTSTANDING

Unique Quality: 5-star deluxe resort hotel within the city, state-of-the-art Grand Spa,
    Fitness Room;
    Jogging Track
    Pool
    Sight Seeing Tours
    Solarium
    Tennis Court

• latte18's Profile Photo

Rome's only resort hotel

We were fortunate enough when my travel agent booked us in this hotel. It was a bit out of the way, indeed, but the hotel and its facilities was simply outstanding. Set in a 15-acre Mediterannean garden, the view of old part of Rome and the Vatican was simply marvelous. The standard room we stayed in was big, had a private balcony to enjoy the view, and tastefully decorated and furnished with everything you'd expect from a hotel in its class. It also had a shopping arcade, three pools and "La Pergola" restaurant which is hailed as being the top 10 in Italy, although we didn't exactly eat there except the breakfast buffets.

Too bad our days in Rome were packed with activities that we didn't really enjoy the hotel's facilities to their fullest. This was one of the best hotels I've stayed in and perfect for honeymooners or those who've visited Rome many times and just want to rest and relax and enjoy the view of the city. For the casual tourists though, the hotel is indeed a bit out of the way from most attractions.

Unique Quality: - Big rooms with private balcony
    - Panoramic view of historic Rome and the Vatican
    - 15-acre of lush Mediterannean garden

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

One Of My Favorite Rome Hotels

On another trip to Rome, I was fortunate enough to stay at the beautiful resort hotel - ROME CAVALIERI HILTON. This is the corporate hotel where the Bank (I used to work for - Citigroup) uses in Rome - be it for business/ offsite meetings or leisure.

This amazing 5-star deluxe resort hotel literally overlooks the Vatican City - plus their hotel rooms are considered plush (in European standards) especially if you're arriving from North America, Australia, New Zealand or Asia where the standard hotel rooms are LARGE in size.

If you happen to choose this hotel, don't worry about having to pay through your nose for cab fares to the city center (Via Condotti). The good news is - there is a FREE bus shuttle service which runs frequently from the hotel (located atop Monte Mario Park) to the city center 15 minutes away.

Unique Quality: Even if you don't stay at this hotel, you must still pop over and try a heavenly meal at their roof garden restaurant - hailed as one of the Top Ten BEST in Rome AND in Italy: 'La Pergola'. Please see under "RESTAURANT" for more info about this amazing restaurant, my personal favorite here in Rome.

More about Hilton Cavalieri - Rome

Great hotel at which to get engaged

Booked the Hilton Cavalieri as a surprise trip for my then girlfriend, with the intentions of proposing, and therefore wanted somewhere a little special...and we certainly found it with this hotel. Great location overlooking Rome (make sure you book a City view!), excellent pool, easy transfer to the city centre with the free bus, although taxis are quite cheap if you miss the bus by staying out beyond 9pm (which is likely in Rome). Staff are very friendly, and cannot do enough for you, most of the time. I say this because the only complaint we had was that during the week, with the hotel a little quieter, the staff were great. Saturday and Sunday, when the hotel fills up with the weekend crowd, they seem a little overstrecthed, and lose some of the personal touches (beds not turned down, no changing of towels). Overall however, great hotel, and highly recomended. By the way, she said YES!

Truely awesome!

What a great experience-was there on business. FIRST CLASS all the way - the staff, the property, the view, the city.... Luckily, I was upgraded to executive level and was able to appreciate the panoramic view of Rome from the balcony. The short bus trip to town is worth it for such a beautiful view on the hill. Accomodations were superb. The bedding, all very thick down and linen - fabulous! Only caution-blew my cell phone charger and DVD power supply while using adapters, need converter too.

Dream Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SmokePipe

This hotel was fantastic. I thought I was still in bed dreaming when I had breakfast on the club room balcony- overlooking the city, chirping parakeets behind me, and fantastic food included in the cost of the room. Very confortable rooms, provate balconies overlooking the city, and the dome of St. Peter's so close you could touch it. Amazing!

Fancy Rome Restaurants?

by lorisap

My husband and I will be in Rome for our anniversery and would like to have a memorable dinner in a pretty restaurant, preferrably on a terrace overlooking the city(?) Does anyone know of such a place? Thanks!!
Lorisap

Re: Fancy Rome Restaurants?

by Sarita76

I know about the best restaurant in Rome, located inside one of the best hotels. So, it's the best for sure! It's called "LA PERGOLA - Hotel Cavalieri Hilton" and it does have terraces :) And the chef, Mr Heinz, is the best one around! But it's very very expensive. It all depends on how much unforgettable this dinner can be! Anyway, here it is:
LA PERGOLA - Hotel Cavalieri Hilton
Via Cadlolo, 101
Tel. 06/35091 fax 06/35092165 Roma
http:\\www.cavalieri-hilton.it

Ciao ciao,
Sara

Re: Fancy Rome Restaurants?

by zuriga

It doesn't have a terrace, but one of the best meals in Rome is at Agate e Romeo. Everyone raves about the food, including me! It's fairly expensive but not unreasonable.

Re: Re: Fancy Rome Restaurants?

by Tony-da-Roma

There is no substitution for the Terrace Restaurant at The Hassler Hotel on top of the Spanish Steps!!!

Tony Polzer