Via Boncompagni 19, Rome, Lazio, 00187, Italy

Booking.com Rose Garden Palace Travelocity

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

Great Business Hotel

Much of what I said about the Sofitel applies here. The breakfast is a notch below as is the lobby bar. The rooms are small, but the staff is extremely professional and overall I would rate this as an 8 if the Sofitel is a 10.

Directions: Located in the vicinity of Via Veneto and the US Embassy.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Elegant Little "Find"

My travel agent at home chose well when he recommended this hotel. He did so because, although it is classed as a four star, it has an "edge" over all of the other four stars in Rome and might almost deserve a five star rating.

The Hotel is just a stone's throw from the Spanish steps and, accordingly, close to everything you might wish to see in Rome. Every morning I would request one of the free maps from reception and, over breakfast (which we ate outside in the rose garden, of course, lol) I would plot our route for the day.

The hotel is in a restored and converted palace and standards are extremely high. The lobby is a cool marble of a more modern design than one might expect from the exterior. The design works very well. There is a bar just off reception, although this is always quiet. Lovely little nibbles and canapes are served with your drinks and the ambiance is of relaxation and elegance.

The concierge was very quick to recommend the perfect places for us to dine and secured excellent tables for us each evening in the wonderful gourmet restaurants that were within five or ten minutes walk of the hotel.

The bedrooms are well furnished and, again, the theme is simple elegance. As renovation is very recent, everything is swish and effective.

The staff are efficient and helpful.

The hotel is situate across from the American Embassy in a quiet area and so is peaceful and attracts a mix of business/diplomatic guests and tourists.

I would undoubtedly stay here again.

Unique Quality: Location! The Hotel is in a quiet but central and upmarket area of Rome - in such a busy City this peace is not so easy to find. Every famous site is within a comfortable walking distance of the hotel and after a hot day walking the City it's an absolute pleasure to come back to these lovely cool surroundings.

Directions: Across from the American Embassy close to the Spanish Steps.

More about Rose Garden Palace

Best Hidden Secret in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member lecsegue

Would you like to stay at a 4* hotel that should be a 5*? Try to book a room at the Rose Garden Palace.
It is located right off of Via Venneto on Via Boncampagne...Lovely, lovely, lovely! We loved the hotel..it is with a contemporary decor...almost Zen like. The service is excellent. The concierge could not do enough for us. Breakfast is superb and the Spa is small but new and quite attractive. I cannot say enough good things about our stay and the staff.
I will absolutely return to the Rose Garden Palace when I return to Rome.

Great Weekend Break

by TripAdvisor Member mytrips

Booked a surprise weekend trip for my partner and I to Rome 24-26 February 2006. We'd both read Dan Brown's 'Angels and Demons' so I also booked a private Angels and Demons tour with ----. Arranged transfers with ---- and stayed at the Rose Garden Palace.

The transfers were 70 Euro return and as you don't pay until you see the driver I was a little concerned that they wouldn't turn up but I needn't have worried. The driver was waiting for us at Ciampino airport on arrival and for our return, he was spot on time. Would thoroughly recommend them.

I chose the Rose Garden Palace because of the fitness centre and pool, however, on our arrival we were informed that the pool was out of action and will be until at least the middle of this summer. However, we were upgraded to a junior suite so had plenty of space and a bath plus shower. The hotel also remembered it was my partners birthday and sent a bottle of champagne to our room. We ordered from the room service menu on our arrival night but the quality of the food was dreadful and this was promptly removed from the bill.

The hotel location was excellent for us being 10 mins from Spanish Steps and 5 mins to La Terrazza Restaurant which is in The Eden Hotel and has 1 Michelin Star - very expensive at 280 Euros for 2 but with amazing views of Rome and a very attentive service.

Unfortunately, our private tour was cancelled because the guide was sick so we joined the group tour which was only 2 other people. Our guide, Honey, was an American college student and she was great. We visited all the main sites from the book and she gave us myth, legend and facts, as she knew them! It lasted 4 hours and we took taxis across Rome to save on the legwork (all included in the price). Our only gripe was that at the end of the tour, her boss wanted to still charge us for a private tour rather than the group rate but we refused; a difference of 200 to 98 euros.

We had a wonderful weekend which thanks to several others involved, meant all my pre-planning went like clockwork.

Great place, great location

by TripAdvisor Member bojomania

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip. The hotel is in a great location close to the Spanish Steps, it was quiet, rooms were a good size and very clean. Breakfast is also included and there was lots to choose from. I would stay here again.

Love this Place!

Booked a long weekend thru Virgin Vacations, and based on Trip Advisor reviews, chose the Rose Garden. What a perfect choice! Great facilities (altho the pool was under repair)...terrific rooms...a ataff second to none. All-in-all, for us, the perfect spot in Rome, right across the street from the US embassy and 1 1/2 blocks from the Via Veneto. When in Rome, this is the place to stay...for we certainly will on our next trip!

The standard by which others are judged

by TripAdvisor Member SpinRX

We stayed at the RGP on April 23 and 24 and were blown away by this place. We made our reservation through American Express Platinum Travel, and when we confirmed the rate, we were a bit concerned; the price was what we would expect for a 3-star, not a four star. Our fears were unfounded - this place is great.

The Room - Our room was big by almost any standard, with a king bed and huge windows. The bathroom was very tastefully done with ornate tile work and a killer shower. Everything was spotless, from the floors to the linen. The bed was very comfortable, with sheets that had to be 500 thread-count and a great headboard Very elegant. Our view was of the American embassy across the street.

Location - We were in a quiet area of town very close to everthing. The fact that the empbassy was across the street certainly reduced the riff-raff on the street.

Staff -- Good folk; not annoyingly friendly but competent

Other: Great pool and fitness center

Conclusion: Many of the ammenities of a big place but small and exclusive. We made the mistake of making a reservation at the SAS Radisson (a horrible place) on our return to Rome which paled next to this place at a price that was 30% more.

All Class!

by TripAdvisor Member FLLtourist

We stayed here for 5 nights..... Incredible room, amazing service, tremendous breakfast. Absolutely nothing wrong with the place! Loved it, would gladly stay there again, they are the measure by which I would I judge others.

Nice Hotel in a great area

by TripAdvisor Member ENTYME69

My wife & I stayed at the Rose Garden in early May. The hotel is right across the street from The U.S Embassy & just 2 short blocks from Via Veneto, which is Romes version of New Yorks Park Avenue. It's a really nice neighborhood near Villa Borghese Park. The Hotel itself is nice. Upon entering, you get the feel you're in a high end, zen like atmosphere. The staff are for the most part friendly & courteous. The rooms are nice with king size beds, walk in closet & spacious bathroom. The gym & pool are both located in the basement, or lower level. The gym is simple but adequate & the pool seems relaxing. Again the atmosphere around the pool is one of an almost spa like, soothing area.
Aside from The Villa Borghese PArk, which has the highly recommended Gallaria Borghese Museum, you aren't near anything that's very close. You'll have to do alittle bit of walking to get to most of the sights, but the Metro is a few blocks away, & honestly, walking is not a problem. We walked around most of the city with no problem. It's part of the fun exploring as you do.
The hotel is a bit pricey, but it's worth it.

What a letdown!

by TripAdvisor Member leah82379

We were quite disappointed when we walked into the hotel-Style was too modern and and uncomfortable looking. Rooms were somewhat small, bathroom was the smallest of all the hotels we stayed in. Breakfast was awful. Also, don't have a cappucino at the hotel-4 euros each! The staff was not too friendly and beware at checkout. We had to checkout at 4 am to catch our flight and it took forever. They were having technical difficulties. After checking out, we realized they charged 2.5% to convert the charge into us dollars! What a ripoff! We will never stay here again. Make sure you visit the Eden's roof top terrace for some drinks one evening.

Pre-cruise Hotel suggestions please

by SabrinaSummerville

We're taking a cruise in September and the departure port is Rome.

We'd like to spend a couple of nights in Rome pre-cruise but would prefer not to go with the hotels suggested by the tour company.

Any ideas for something four or five star and central? Last time we stayed in the Rose Garden Palace and just loved it, but would prefer to try something different this time around.

by zuriga

I loved La Residenza which is not too far from the Spanish Steps. We had a nice room there with balcony, and I remember the bathroom being enormous. It was convenient for getting around. This was quite awhile back so I'm not sure what the rates would be now, but I definitely think it was at least a 4 star.

by SabrinaSummerville

I love big bathrooms and balconies so you have made a great suggestion. Thank you.

by travelgourmet

Ciao, the departure port for Roma is Civitavecchia and my wife and I stayed at a villa turned into a B&B that is only a few hundred yards from the Piazza Navona. I have an accommodation tip on the Novona Gallery Suites with photos and their website. We loved it there because we felt more local than at the Parco dei Principe, a five star hotel, where we have stayed before. If interested check out my tip for info:http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/736c8/23513/3/

by zuriga

Sabrina, I think La Residenza only had one room with balcony, so make sure you ask for that if you decide that's the hotel for you. So many choices in Rome!

by SabrinaSummerville

Thank you both. I'll check out all suggestions.

by roda09

Hi there,
try hotel Savoy it is really fantastic and is 10 minutes walking distance from Spanish steps.

by SabrinaSummerville

I'll check it out, thank you.

Comments