Saint Martin

El ColiseoEl Coliseo

Fontana dell’Acqua Paola, May 2007Fontana dell’Acqua Paola, May 2007

travel directions

by verediz

how do I get from Piazza di spagna to policlinici gemelli by public transportaiton?
Thanks

by leics

The clinic website has directions in Italian (but easy to work out):

You need to take line A Metro to one of several stops and then abus onward to the clinic.

Metro A to Battistini (its terminus) and then direct bus 146 to the policlinico seems simplest to me. Spagna Metro station is also on line A.

Metro map here:

However, the ATAC journeyplanner (in English)

suggests:

1. Take Metro A to Baldo degli Ubaldi station.

2. Then take bus 994 for 13 stops to Gemelli (stop 'PINETA SACCHETTI/GEMELLI')

by bekerovka

hy,
catch Metro Linea A in Spagna station direction Battistini. Outside Battistini metro station, bus #146 to Pineta Sacchetti - Policlinico Gemelli. The stop is in front the hospital.
Ciao, Marco

by mccalpin

J, I suspect that ATAC suggested the 994 bus because you asked for a solution for today (Saturday), on which the 994 runs 50% more often than the 146 (Sunday, too). But during the week, the 146 runs just as often, and with fewer stops, will make the faster trip.

Bill

by leics

Thanks, Bill.

I'm pleased that my instincts for the Battistini+bus 146 on the polyclinico site were sound.

:-)

Travel Tips for Rome

Endless history!

by jgemini65

History oozes out of every pore of Rome. Absolutely glorious treasures at every turn of the corner. I keep wondering if Rome should have been my last destination in life or my first. I would either never leave or always return. I love this city! I have too many wonderful memories of Rome to list...I will say the suprises that wait for you down every street is probably the greatest treat anyone would ever want!

Art of Renovation-UPDATED April 16 Easter Sunday

by icunme

Renovate, refurbish, retrofit, reconstruct, repair, re-decorate - a staple of life in Rome and most high-maintenance cities of the world.
Leave it to Romans to add a dimension of art to the procedure. Note that the scaffolding itself is adorned with an artwork - far be it from proud and vain Roma to powder her nose in public - let alone expose a face-lift in process!

OK - Piazza Spagna is back and with her cosmetic surgery all in place around Bernini's fountain - just in time for Festa della Primavera (Spring Festival) - in April, the Spanish Steps are decorated with azalea plants and concerts are held in Trinita dei Monti.

Now, the obelisk in Piazza Popolo is cloaked as per photo. More detail about this obelisk
on Things to Do Piazza Popolo
Will update this page as I see changes in the making.................

Shopping galore!

by FieryRedhead about Via Nazionale

Just south of Piazze della Repubblica is Via Nazionale. You can find every kind of shop imaginable there and some great bargains. We bought tons of local jewelry there and clothes. There is everything from men's, women's, leather, jewelry, children's, books, etc.

I do not suggest to rent a...

by lolita2002

I do not suggest to rent a car... See my Naples page for more details! If you need Adrenaline I suggest you to rent a motorcycle , you will feel a citadino di Roma (Rome citizen!), just be careful!
You can make a walking tour through ancient Rome. You can also take the subway.

Wonderful roman dessert: grattachecca

by Laura_Mexico about Sora Mirella

I tried this stuff 7 years ago but couldn't remember what its name was, and this time (2007) I asked everywhere but I didn't seem to be able to find it anywhere.... that is, till my Roman friend Simone took me to this small street-stand next to the river which was crowded at 10-11 PM where they turned out to sell the same stuff I was craving for..........!!! YAAAYYY!!!!!

Grattachecca is grated ice (they grate it manually, "a la old fashion") with flavor syrup inside and fruit pieces on top. But it tastes SOOO GREAT!! And it's great for the summer time as it's very fresh so it satisfies your sweet tooth without making you thirsty...

They have many different varieties in this place, with different syrup and fruit combinations (coconut, lemon, melon, coffee, etc.), but they all looked really great so you might want to come several times and try them all ;))) I would have, hadn't I discovered this place on my very last night in Rome!! Argghh!! I tried the Monterosa specialty which had strawberries and bananas on top and was great, but there was also this other one called Preziosa which had strawberries, raspberries and cranberries (and syrups of those same flavors inside) and which looked fantastic as well!! I will try that one on my next visit! ;)

Comments