Saint Peter Station Bed & Breakfast

Hostelworld.com

More about Rome

The ColosseumThe Colosseum

San Bartolomeo churchSan Bartolomeo church

Emperor Octave Augustus.Emperor Octave Augustus.

Capitoline Museum - Orazi and Curiazi fresco.Capitoline Museum - Orazi and Curiazi fresco.

Short-term apartment rentals in Rome - Advice please!

by chepand

Hi,

My family will be travelling to Rome after Easter week. We'll be arriving the Monday after Easter Sunday and then staying until Friday.

So, I am in search of an apartment I can rent for 4 people for four weeknights. Ideally I would like something with a kitchen, and central to main sites (close by walking distance and/or public transportation). I'm travelling with my father who is in his 70's and might get tired from too much walking!

Does anyone have recommendations based on personal experience or knowledge of reputable websites I can look at? And how much I should expect to spend for such accomodations?

I am finding some places online but it's hard to tell which ads are "for real" and which aren't.

Carla

by puerto_lover

Have you looked at http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/europe/italy/latium-lazio/rome

by leics

www.venere.com , an entirely reliable site used by many VT-ers, also lists some apartments in Rome.

As does:

You are probably best advised to go through a search engine/booking site such as those suggested (and one which does not take any money from your card when booking)rather than seek individual advertisements on the web.

by monorailgold

Hello,

My sister rented an apartment through venere.com and was very happy with it. It was near the piazza Barberini which is close to most sites as well as the termini station and metro stations.

Donna

by repleo

Try http://www.romeby.com

I have had great success with one of their sister sites - Tuscany.net

Travel Tips for Rome

Water in the streets

by Frisbeeace

Al around Rome there are plenty of water outlets running all day. Is the water potable? Yes. And it is cold. So, if you're on a budget travel, carry your own bottle and refill it as many times as you wish. During the summer months you'll need to drink a lot ....

La Maddalena-hidden in plain sight

by clementine31129

La Maddlena- ay dios mio, I feel like it is my little secret, but I guess I can share. Okay, so anyone who has read anything about Rome knows about the Pantheon, one of the most touristed sights in the city. Well, now I'm going to tell you about this adorable little church only steps away that almost nobody discovers. Say you are facing the Pantheon. Turn around. There are two streets leading away from the pantheon in this direction, take the one on the right. Walk about a block until you come to a little piazza with Ristorantte Clemente and a very beautiful, ornate church. That church would be La Maddalena. Go inside, becasue it will be the best thing you do on your entire trip to Rome. I did this after reading a little article about the church and I am so thankful for that. it is the most beautiful church I have ever seen in my life. Everything is golden and perfect and beautiful in every way. I swear I sat in there for nearly an hour looking around. While I was there, the organ player even began to play. it was wonderful. Do youself a favor, and dig just a little deeper into Rome, and you will be greatly rewarded.

Strolling and meeting

by biloune about Rome

My favorite activities when the sun was down is to stroll, with eyes in the sky and dreams in my head. You can meet a lot of Roman who do exactly the same... before having a drink.
They are very open-minded! Anyway

Real Roman pasta

by rfilios about Bucatino

This is REAL Roman food - in the heart of the Testaccio neighborhood. You wont find many tourists here, if at all. The food is simple and excellent. Bucatino all'Amatriciana - the most typical Roman dish of pasta. This is my favorite place in all of Rome for this dish.

A day trip to Ostia Antica

by skullcrusher

Rome is cool and everything but the crowds at tourist sights can get to be a bit much. Thankfully a fellow VT'er informed me about this place called Ostia Antica. It is a well preserved ancient Roman port city that can be visited quite easily from downtown Rome. The area comprising Old Ostia is quite large, so I was able to kill two birds with one stone. Upon initially entering the site I wasn't so impressed, but as I walked a couple of kilometers down the old Roman roads and further into the ancient city the scale and grandeur of the place struck me. There are many little side trails to wandered down and explore and any number of buildings to look into: some sites have well preserved mosaics or paintings while other places have steps that can be climbed for good views of the whole area. I'm sure that I missed some places, but I did stumble upon a large theatre, a tavern, a site where they had a thermal spa and health center, etc.

Comments