Santa Chiara

Albergo Santa Chiara
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 91% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Superb standard-central and spacious

A sense of space and brightness is everywhere. Immediate friendly and courteous service. High standard of cleanliness. Helpful staff. Bedroom and bathroom well supplied with all necessities. Linen changed every day.

Unique Quality: Very quiet at night. Apart from no street noise there was no noise on the corridors. The breakfast was way above the standard Italian fare. At all time the buffet was under observation and was rapidly replenished ( even when one party emptied the entire fruit bowl)
    Fresh expresso and cappucino was available. The Reception staff were excellent , booking OUR choice of restaurants and checking to see whether August closures applied.

Directions: One minute behind the Pantheon

More about Santa Chiara

Good Location

the Hotel Santa Chiara is located directly behind the Pantheon which puts in walking distance to many tourist sites. The hotel was clean and the room was spacious. I stayed in Room 101 which had a large double sink bathroom, two seperate rooms, and a mini kitchen area. The decor was a bit antiquated, but who really cares when most of the time is spent out of the room. A clean room and shower is more important. The shower had a glass brick wall facing the master bedroom. The staff was a bit standoffish but they were always polite when asked a question. Breakfast was varied and very good. A bit over priced at 246 euro per night but most are in September. I would stay there again.

Lovely Hotel

The Santa Chiara is a very nice hotel. We stayed here on July 27th. It's quite business-like and appears to appeal to more of a business clientele judging by the guests we saw at breakfast. The breakfast was good and included various cereals, croissants, yogurt and more stuff I can't remember. The room itself was very simply decorated, but it was the biggest room with the most spacious bathroom I've ever seen in my three trips to Europe. The safe didn't work, but the hotel has a contracted taxi company, and we were able to schedule a taxi ahead of time that was ready-and-waiting for us at an agreed amount of 46 euro (and he was a great driver). Also, the hotel is in a good location near the Pantheon. I would stay here again.

Loved the Santa Chiara

We stayed in Room 451 at the Santa Chiara at the end of August. The room was great! Spacious, with one king bed and one single bed for our daughter.
Bathroom was very nice, A/C was great. You can't beat the location, right behind the Pantheon, and convenient to just about anything.
Staff was pleasant, not overly friendly. Would recommend this hotel highly. Compared to the cost of other Hotels, this is a great value.

Great Lacation, quiet place, nice room.

I've just got back from a wedding anniversary weekend trip to Rome. We stayed in room 322 at Santa Chiara Hotel. Location was superb, within the same waking distance to main Rome's attractions. The room was nice and clean, with views to a quiet inside patio. I asked for a bathtub in advance and the bathroom looked recently refurnished and neat. Breakfast was pretty good. Very recommendable.

Amazing

My husband and I wed in Rome and we all (family and guests) stayed at Santa Chiara. Not only did the staff treat us well, they went above what we ever imagined. The location is perfect and the charm reminds you that you are in one of the most amazing cities in the world. We will return to Santa Chiara for every trip we take to Rome!

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member keira78

You pay for location with this hotel; the staff is not super friendly, but they are helpful. The bedrooms are clean, but nothing to write home about, however the bathroom was probably the largest I had in Italy. The location is great, right behind the Pantheon, near several squares good for night walking and very close to a bus stop. The breakfast is average with lots of package goodies to take for snacks during the day.

Location is perfect

Unbelievable location! Nice size rooms, although could end up with small shower. Staff was helpful and wonderful breakfast included. Enjoyed it so much the first 3 nights that we booked our return night in Rome there.

Nice location, rude staff

by TripAdvisor Member Beckyf

The best thing to say about this hotel is the location is great. However, there are other hotels all around it, so the Santa Chiara does not have a monopoly on the Pantheon access. I would not stay here again. The staff was very rude. When we checked in, they claimed they had no room for us because I had not confirmed with a credit card. I handed them my printed out email from them, thanking me for my credit card confirmation. Ten minutes later, they relented and said they'd "found a room." They kept my email. No apologies for having gotten it wrong and scared me into thinking I had no hotel room after I'd travelled all the way to Italy with a child. While waiting for the bellman, I heard them do the exact same thing to the people in line behind me. Apparently they overbook, and if you can't prove you have a reservation, they conveniently lose it. At no point did anyone offer us any help with siteseeing, maps, recommendations for restaurants... nothing. We were lucky to get eye contact when dropping off our key at the desk when going out for the day. If on the phone, staff would ignore you completely. When I checked out, the guy handed me my credit card and receipt and turned away WORDLESSLY. I have not bought a stick of gum that I can remember where no words were exchanged. Not goodbye, no have a nice day, no thanks for staying with us, not even ciao. He turned around and picked up the phone and made a call. I don't require a lot of pampering on a trip, but this was ridiculous. The place has a palpable disdain for the customers.

Great Location, Comfortable Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Philoviation

Just to reiterate what has already been said:

1. The location can't be beat. This is literally behind the Pantheon.

2. The rooms are comfortable, snug and pleasant. They did have one of those classic tiny elevators that could only accommodate two people without luggage, but it didn't matter. The showers were also typical Italian, phone-booth sized. The television didn't have international channels, but figuring out the colorful Italian entertainment was fun.

3. The breakfast buffet is very good. It was a great way to start off the day. Not just coffee, bread and juice, but a good choice of fruit, cereal and some meat.

4. The staff all need Prozac. They were usually civil enough, but they acted like they were unhappy and generally didn't like their jobs.

5. It's not inexpensive. At the current rates, Santa Chiara could set you back about $225 USD a night.

family accomodations in rome

by orthoscott

my family and I are planning a trip (quickly) to rome in late October. Can anyone recommend a hotel that can provide a large room suitable for 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 2 and 10)? Thanks in advance.

Re: family accomodations in rome

by luvroma

try the hotel mozart or albergo santa chiara or albergo del senato..all have triples or quads.

Re: family accomodations in rome

by Fisher1969

Try some apartment sites. We stayed in an apartment and it was great. It was approx 140Euro per night for 5 of us (kids 11,13 and 15) We had shower and bath and a little kitchen so we had some groceries in the fridge for breakfast and snacks. Try realrome.com they have all sorts or apartments and they were legit. I was a little wary of booking an apartment over the net but it was great. The apartment we stayed in was 3-5mins walk to the Colesseum and about 10min walk to Trevi Fountain. We walked everywhere.

Have fun