Sheraton Roma Hotel

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• mikey_e's Profile Photo

I suppose this counts as Rome...

Let's not mince words: the Roma Sheraton Hotel and Conference Centre is so far out of central Rome that you might as well stay in Naples and take the train in. You can, of course, take a subway into the city, but that requires walking fifteen minutes to the subway station, and then sitting on the train for another 15 or 20 minutes. It's even more hellish to get from Fiumicino to this hotel if you're not in a taxi (bleeding money) or driving yourself: it took me over two hours. The rooms are comfortable enough, but everything in the hotel is old. When I stayed there, it was under renovation, but I doubt if the renovations envisioned gutting and retrofitting the rooms. Moreover, this is a popular stop for tourist buses, so visitors should expect to be mobbed every time they go into the lobby. Nevertheless, the rooms are clean and quiet, and the breakfast (if it is included in your room price) is ample, allowing you to fortify yourself for the initial trip into the city each morning.

Unique Quality: The rooms are clean, quiet and everything works. Apart from that, the hotel staff is curteous, and the prices are decent, compared to what rooms this size must cost inside the city centre.

• Bushman23's Profile Photo

Great hotel, away from the hustle & bustle

We stayed at the Sheraton Roma for the entire week of our stay, and we found absolutely nothing to complain about. The service is quick, efficient, and very friendly. The rooms are, while not huge, spacious and comfortable, and very quiet. The hotel has a nice swimming pool, with a poolside bar, a fitness center, and a spa downstairs.
    The breakfast buffet at the hotel is nice, but I'm not entirely sure it's worth €25...
    They also operate a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to town.
    While not that close to the center, the Sheraton Roma still has quite easy access to local transport connections, making it easy to get into town without making use of their shuttle option.

Unique Quality: One of the best things about the Sheraton is it's "Green Choice" initiative. Decide not to have your room made up on any particular day (just hang a sign on your door), and they'll reward you with a €5 gift voucher, useable in any of their F&B outlets. Might not sound like much, but it gets you a couple of beers by the end of your stay :)

Directions: If you're travelling by underground, you want to get off at Magliani - By bus, it's the 720 from the center. Otherwise, shuttle bus or Taxi from the airport.

• stevelo's Profile Photo

Value for money

Hello there . I just came back from Rome and slept in Sheraton . The place was amazing . The weather for May was really hot and me and my girlfriend whole day . Its not far away from Metro station which takes you to Rome city centre . The cost of the train ticket is 1 euro . Cheap cheap cheap . The rooms are spacious and nice . I loved it . Enjoy

• Good place to stay but a bit far from the center

The hotel is a fair distance from the center of Rome, so you need to take the Metro, public bus or shuttle to get there. We tried all 3 with sufficient ease. The metro is around a 10 minute walk, the pathway is quite narrow and close to the road. I wouldn't recommend taking the metro after it gets dark for safety reasons. But it does only cost €1 for a single fare which we thought was a bargain. The public bus stop is right outside the hotel and the 780 bus drops you at Piazza Venezia right in the center of Rome. The shuttle is also convenient but costs €3 for the round trip. Though the hotel is out of the city it takes advantage of this with a great swimming area.

Staff were very friendly, all would say 'Bonjouno' as you walk down the corridors.

We found the food a bit hit and miss. Some nights the food was phenomenal and others really average. The food is pricey however. We were surprised that the breakfast buffet was €25 per head.

Unique Quality: Hotel shuttle service from airport to Hotel was very handy

Nice outdoor swimming area.

Well equipped gym facility.

Does have tennis and squash courts but we didn't get time to try these out.

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

OK for business...

Located pretty close to the 'square Colosseum', the famous building built by Mussolini, this hotel is pretty much living on its own, there is nothing else in walking distance.

Quite a bad thing if you are looking for food, some of the options from the restaurant may be quite pricey... a glass of wine or even the main dish are reasonably priced for that kind of hotel (around 5 and 20€) but you should count not least than 10-12€ for any dessert!!

The staff at the reception was particularly nice while the one handling the restaurant was at the limit of the politeness.

The room were fairly well furnished and had quite a cosy look! Too bad the sound insulation was so poor!! It was a real disappointment, not better than the level of a real cheap hotel!! Either that or my neighbors from the floor upstairs were particularly noisy the first night!!

The breakfast buffet was up to my expectation for this kind of place but nothing more. Being in Italy I had pretty high expectations regarding the quality of the coffee but I have not been amazed, far from there!!

Wireless Internet connectivity is available but I didn't manage to get it working via iPass.

Directions: in the area of EUR

• jasa's Profile Photo

October Family Break

Three night stay with 02 children in adjoining rooms.
    Hotel is large, modern conference style business hotel in the suburbs of Rome. Good general four star standard of facilities with some live music eveing entertainment...if you like line dancing that is(!!), although it did seem popular with the Italians!!!

Only ate breakfast in the hotel which was excellent if a little pricey at 25 Euros a head but as they didn;t charge for the two children it worked out very cost-effective, expecially as we helped ourselves to fruit and cheese for later in the day..... Generally in the touristy area of Rome the restaurants are v expensive anyway.

Happy with everything at the hotel and they offer a free shuttle in and out of the city. Do not worry too much about getiing the shuttle if it's full as we found the taxis from the centre (Pantheon) to the hotel was only around 15 Euros anyway, not bad at all!

Unique Quality: Modern four star with good general standards and all facilities would expect from International chain.
    Friendly staff who welcomed the children

• Well...

I stayed at this hotel on my first visit to Rome in April 1994. It was my first trip to Europe and I was very excited. Since we were on a tour with my mom's company there was about 500 of us staying at this hotel and I am sure that's why it was chosen as the place to stay. Its part of the Starwood Hotel Chain and it like the other typical Sheratons out there. From what I can remember the hotel was nice and the service was good. Our room was a decent size and it over looked the pool area. We shared the room with a friend of my mom's so I had a roll out bed which I think was ok.

In my opinion I would not stay in an American chain hotel such as this one when staying in Europe. There is such charm in the small family owned hotels which are all located in the middle of Rome that it is a shame to stay at some place like this. However, it did serve its purpose of accomodating a large business gathering such as the one that we were on.

Unique Quality: Again, this hotel is a good choice for a large group or someone looking to be close to Rome without being in the City proper. While we were there I remember having to cross a highway in order to get to the train station which doesn't seem very safe. I also don't think it would be very safe walking around the area at night as it seems pretty desolate. This hotel does have a pool which is not very common in Rome.

Directions: 20 minutes by car to either the city center or the airport. Also, close to the train into the city, however, you have to cross the highway to get there!

• phred1910's Profile Photo

Upscale Rome with hidden benefits

A very nice hotel (as most Sheraton properties are). Great restaurant with fantastic ambience. Pool. Exercise room. Free breakfast buffet. Free shuttle to/from the airport and to/from the city center.

Unique Quality: So yes, you pay more for this hotel - but when you add up the comfort and security - not to mention the free breakfast and shuttles - is it that much more ????

More about Sheraton Roma Hotel

Not bad for a few days in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member chril2us

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Roma Hotel and Conference Center for a few days on each of end of our trip to Italy. Overall it is a nice, clean hotel and very similar to any Sheraton you would find in the United States. The hotel has a no charge shuttle bus service which leaves every hour to various sites in the central city. They also have a shuttle to the airport for $5 Euro per person. The staff was very courteous and seemed genuinely nice. The pool is large but not heated and the outside bar is a nice spot for relaxing after a day touring in Rome. We ate two meals here and the food was just tremendous...really tasty
My only complaint about this hotel is that while the food was very good, both the food and drinks (both alcoholic and non) are very overpriced. There are no other options in walking distance and I thought the hotel really took advantage of its captive audience. 9 Euro for a beer, 11 Euro for a mixed drink and 8 Euro for a softdrink is a little bit much even in Rome.

Sheraton shuttle does NOT pick up at the train station

by TripAdvisor Member Isra-Caltraveler

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton Roma for 3 days in early June. We stayed there at a very reduced rate, therefore, i cannot comment on value. Overall, the hotel itself and service at the hotel are average by American standards. However, having stayed at other hotels in Italy, I would say that the Sheraton Roma is above average for European standards.

First and foremost, as mentioned in recent reviews, the SHERATON SHUTTLE DOES NOT PICK UP AT THE TRAIN STATION. We relied on outdated reviews and stood at the train station for over an hour until we figured this out!

However, i must disagree with the last reviewer regarding walking to the metro station. While this is not a walk to be taken with luggage or young kids, My wife and i had no problem walking to the Metro station (EUR Magliana). We sprinted across some single and double lanes without any difficulty. This is not a well traveled area and in some places the bushes have grown into the sidewalk. Additinally, i would not feel comfortable walking there after dark. However, if you are comfortable taking the subway in New York, you will find that the subway in Rome is more convenient than waiting for the hotel shuttle. The subway will drop you off close to most of the main tourist destinations and it runs much more frequently (earlier and later) than the hotel shuttle for (which you have to wait as long as 1.5 hrs between pickup times at a single location in Rome).

Finally, there is nowhere to eat by the hotel. However, if you are forced to eat there (get there too late at night or do not have time to go into town to eat) the pizza (which can be ordered via room service) is both good and a relatively good value (considering the inflated cost for the other items). Keep in mind that this is Italian Pizza, not US pizza.

Nice hotel but further away from the city center

I spent two days at the Sheraton Roma. It is a very nice hotel geared toward business travelers so you get the "American" amenities you are use to (in room internet, large bathroom with tub & shower, spacious rooms, a real hairdryer, etc.) The shuttle to the city center is reliable and available every hour from about 8Am - 11 PM. Be sure to eat before you return to the hotel because there aren't any restaurants in the vicinity and food & beverages are expensive at the hotel (we paid 39 Euro for two smoked salmon sandwiches & two glasses of wine). I booked using Starwood points & cash, so for $45.00 US it was a great deal! We were on the Starwood preferred floor and our room was very spacious (by US standards) it was very clean, the beds were comfortable and I found it to be more impressive than some Sheratons in the US. The issue is that although there is a free shuttle from the train station it was tricky trying to find out where it was. If you arrive by train, exit the station from the right when you leave the train platform. You will see the main entrance/exit in front of you but don't go that way! That is where the city buses and the taxis stage, this is the wrong place. Once you exit the large door on the right, proceed to your left where you will see tour buses staged. Trust me, this is important because no one at the train station will know what you're talking about when you ask about the Sheraton shuttle and the hotel did not give the best directions either, and you don't want to wait an hour for the next shuttle like I did : - (

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member skendizc

Stayed in hotel for 3 nights with wife and 3 children. This is great property and I wonder how come it has same 4 star rating as many run down hotels in Rome. Rooms are very clean, very confortable beds, with black out drapes garantee that you will have nice sleep. Generous brekfast buffet. Shuttle bus to downtown very well orginized with only 15 minutes travel time. Nice shopping street is only 5 minutes away (first bus stop).
I highly recomend this hotel.

Sheraton Roma infomation

by Tilson

Greetings:

WE are thinking of booking this hotel,(Sheraton Roma) anyone know anything about it.....how to get from airport to it (I think they have a shuttle?)

Thanks for any suggestions.....

by Roadquill

There is a Sheraton by the airport. I stayed at it, had a nice meal in the hotel restaurant. You still need to shuttle to and from the airport about a mile. I think there is another Sheraton in Rome itself. Maybe you could be more specific? If it is the one by the airport I would not use it as a base to explore Rome.

by leics

If it is the Sheraton Roma here:

it is the EUR area of Rome and quite some disatnce from the city centre. You will have to get public transport (Metro would be easiest) in and out. Personally, I would choose something nearer to the centre: historical Rome is quite small and very walkable, with excellent public transport if your legs get tired.

It is interesting that the hotel only gives driving directions.

I can find no mention of an airport shuttle, but no doubt they can offer you some sort of trsnaport from the airport, at a price.

Otherwise take the Leonardo Express train from Fiumicino (or the airport bus from Ciampino airport)and then the Metro to station EUR-Magliana. You need Metro B from Termini station (where the airport train and bus stop), direction Lauentina.

Hotel is mapped on this page:

Metro map here:

by Tilson

Sheraton Roma Hotel and Conference Center located @ Viale de Pattinaggio

Greetings once again and thank you for the suggestions, I EMailed the hotel for info and I thought I would send on what they said so that if someone else is interested they may find this info.

Yes, they do have a hotel shuttle, leaves from outside Term 3, across the road to the right at the hotel pick up stops. Availability by seats open. They also have a return from Hotel by booking with the front desk. Cost is 5E.

They mentioned that Taxi's are easy to get to the hotel, use only the Taxie that has a metter showing, cost 30-35 E.

The hotel runs a shuttle in to Rome center every 1.5 hours from the hotel, you have to book a seat,cost 3 E. return is about the same , every 1.5 hours until 11 Pm, no charge for the return , first come first served.

Again thanks for the replys ................

Comments