Silva Hotel Rome

Orbitz.com Venere.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 22% less but rated 30% lower than other 3 star hotels

• A terrible adventure.

My unfortunate experience with Silva Hotel began with receiving a room key. I was asked to pay 2 euro daily additional fee and walk to the basement of the building carrying my heavy travel bag. Following the signs "Toilet" I found my room just next door to them. A clean, but dark and cold room was waiting for me. I found that the outlets did not have any sorts of adapters, and neither did the concierge. A little window at the street level promised to be a nuisance. Right after I laid my head on a pillow in a anticipation of a long-longed sleep a show began. Some young man and his two female friends started a long, entertaining conversation right outside my window sharing a delightful pack of cigarets. Their voices resonated against the narrow walls of my room and the smoke was making its way inside. In disbelief I went up to the concierge only to find out that he was the man outside. I asked him if I could get another room to which he said "No," but promised the noise and the smoke "will not happen again." In hopes I went back to bed. I was awakened by the same group of people outside an hour later to which I took a sleeping aid.
    I the morning I noticed the walls were made of paper and the neighbors felt almost present in my room. I waited 30 minutes for hot water and decided I would share this review.

Unique Quality: Quiet neighborhood, paper walls.

Directions: Metro station

More about Rome

Simple but delicious grilled mixed seafoodSimple but delicious grilled mixed seafood

The spacious groundsThe spacious grounds

Cremation altar of Julius CaesarCremation altar of Julius Caesar

Fontana del TritoneFontana del Tritone

Transportation from Rome Termini to Ciampino Airport

by graefin

Does anyone know the best way to get from Termini to Ciampino A/P? Train? Easyjet Bus? or regular bus? Schedule and price? Or can you suggest websites that provide this information?
Thanks in advance.

by leics

You can get either the Terravision (not just Easyjet) bus, which serves customers with budget airline tickets or the ordinary bus (slower but cheaper).

Traffic can get very congested, so make sure you allow plenty of time to get to the airport. Choose an earlier bus than you might otherwise think is necessary.

You can also get the train, but then need a taxi or bs to get from the station to the airport

All transport is linked and detailed on the airport website in English here;

Look at the left-hand menu.

If the link does not work, go to http://www.adr.it/default.asp?L=3 and click on the Ciampino tab.

I'd use the Terravision bus, personally (and did). Best to book online in advance though.

by graefin

Thanks Leics, you are always so helpful and knowledgeable. We'll take the Terravision bus.

by leics

You're welcome. :-)

Do book online though, because it's a very popular seervie and if you buy tickets when you arrive you might end up hanging around for the next bus.

Travel Tips for Rome

Courtyard of the Baths

by sandysmith

This was the first place we had a peek at on our arrival in Rome - its just inbetween Piazza Republica and Termini Station. We had fun in the courtyard trying to pose behind the headless statues here hahaha!

Lo Stadio Olimpico

by Wondagirl

I went to Stadio Olimpico, to watch a soccer game (Lazio - Lecce). I've always been a fan of Lazio, so I really wanted to see them live. Stadio Olimpico has a capacity of 82 000 persons. It's located in the North of Rome in the Foro Italico sportpark.

So, if you're interested in soccer it's an experience so watch some italian soccer =) Some patience...

Mercato Andrea Doria!

by belgianchocolate about Fantastic Ham.

If you enlarge the picture you can see an Italian
mama waiting for the vendor to cut her
delicious dried ham , cut slice by slice at
the local market.

This was my favorite market in Rome from
the ones we visited. Also in a very nice neighbourhood. This one is in open air.
The stalls stay there day and night , but it
is only open in the morning till the early afternoon.
If your renting an appartment or staying in a
BB and got your own kitchen you can take
with you some of the meat specialities..
cheese , olives ...

We absolutely enjoyed the colorful stands and
the atmosphere.
Local market , local prices.
Do you want to take with you the real stuff ,
or are you going to pay loads for it at the airport. :-)

Bad Chinese restaurant

by nickyhao about RESORGIMENT

The food is satisfactory but not the service. The waitress has bad attitude serving the customers. When we enquired about the items in the menu, she seemed to be not happy to answer our enquiries. When we enquired about the bill before we go, again she answered in an unfriendly and annoying voice. For Chinese customers, pretend that you don't speak Chinese and you may get a better service. Absolutely not recomended if you want a good service.

Burned pizza

by Turska about Pizzeria la famiglia

I don´t know did we only have bad luck,but our both pizzas were burned to black at sides.It tasted burned even close the sides.One other thing,that was starnge.We ordered from English menu:Pizza with salami and chili,and believed to have very spicy pizza with chilis.Turned outthat it only ment spicy salami-pizza.And wasn´t so spicy after all.It was our last night at Italy,and we were getting bored to have non spicy-food(we were here two weeks,so you can´t say that we don´t like Italian food,if it was last day!),so we were hoping something spicy.It was worsta pizza we had,and worst service.(By the way-next night at home we made Indian food..)

Comments