Snow White Guesthouse

Via Principe Eugenio, Rome, 00185, Italy
AMOMA.com HostelBookers.com Asiatravel.com

More about Rome

My little bed :)My little bed :)

I took a picture for the painter and my family.I took a picture for the painter and my family.

Close up of the ColosseumClose up of the Colosseum

Ancient stones reusedAncient stones reused

Lost shop

by Chrissywhitt

Last summer, somewhere between the Trevi fountain and the Pantheon, I found a shop selling good quality calendars and antique looking architectural drawings(columns, capitals etc.)on thick cream coloured paper. All very tasteful and classy.I bought one architectural print for a newly decorated room @ a cost of about 20 Euros and was delighted with it once it was framed. I decided to buy a couple more,but last week I almost wore my shoes out trying to find the shop- to no avail. Could it have been closed for the holiday or has it gone??
Please can anyone enlighten me or suggest an alternative for my next visit to Rome???

Re: Lost shop

by mccalpin

I wish I could help you, but there are 1,001 places between here and there. Could it be closed for August? Sure, although that happens less frequently than in former years. And since there different types of stores that would sell that stuff, it's hard to even look up in the Yellow Pages.

Long ago, I found a nice place like that (I now have the framed maps on the wall) but it was between the Trevi Fountain and Piazza di Spagna - and I have no clue today where exactly it was...

Sadly, your only choice is to go back and look again...can I come join you??? ;-)

Bill

Re: Lost shop

by cterao

By any chance was it called Poggi? Located about one block east of the Pantheon.

Travel Tips for Rome

Piazza Navona

by jeoren

Piazza Navona is characteristic for Rome; it's different from other squares.

This square is a good place to just sit down and relax. The square is surrounded by different interesting buildings. It's a quiet and wide square and also has a big fountain.

Out of the three countries in...

by Brinkolas

Out of the three countries in Europe that I traveled to, the italians I met seemed to like it beter when we made an attempt to use their language. The French don't care, they'll use their french if they know you will understand it but all the same they'll talk to you in English (even if they don't like it).

The castle of Santa Severa

by janchan

The castle of Santa Severa, built in XIV century by the sea, about 50 km northwest of Rome on the Aurelia road. An interesting archaeological site is there too: the ancient etruschian city and port of Pyrgi.

Brussels - Rome by Brussels Airlines.

by breughel

Last winter (2007-08) we have been flying five times from Brussels to Rome and return with Brussels Airlines. On one flight we left late (45 minutes) from Brussels. On another one from Rome we left 20 minutes late. All other flights were on time.
Brussels Airlines is the regular Belgian company. It is NOT a low cost low service company but Brussels Airlines has competitive, all inclusive, prices when booking a few weeks in advance.
With the b.light economy rate one is allowed to take a 20 kg registered luggage (with no extra cost) and 8 kg hand luggage (1 piece).
For Europe the planes are B 737, Airbus A 319 or AVRO RJ85 – AVRO RJ100. All these planes have seats with sufficient space for the legs.
Drinks and food can be bought on the European flights with the b.light economy rate.
Brussels Airlines joins Brussels National to Rome Fiumicino.

I read here a quite enthusiast comment from 2004 on Ryan Air.
Since then travellers have been able to compare the overall and final net prices, the comfort and service between the two companies. Furthermore Brussels National is an all weather airport while Charleroi at 40 km from Brussels, from where Ryan Air operates is closed when there is mist.
Just read (27/02/2009) in various EU papers that Ryanair plans to charge (1 £) for using plane toilets. I first thought it was an early April Fool's day joke!

Good Value in the Pricey Spanish Steps Area

by Lacristina about Al 34

Al 34 is one of my favorite places to take people our first night in Rome, especially if they're suffering from jet lag. They open at 7:30, the food is quite good, prices are very reasonable, the interior is charming, and the service is efficient. If you want, you can eat and get out in an hour. But if you want to linger, you can do that, too. It's very close to the Piazza di Spagna, and less than a 10 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain (which I recommend for an after dinner walk.)

This is a very popular place, so be sure to make a reservation. Risotto alle erbe (risotto with herbs and spinach). It is incredibly good! Match it with an insalata verde (green salad) or prusciuto e melone, or caprese (tomato, fresh buffala mozzarella and fresh basil salad), and you've got a fabulous meal. Add a carafe of house wine and a glass of limoncello for "un digestivo" and you've got a total Italian experience.

Comments