Splendide Royal

Agoda.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Splendide Royal

Super Service at the Hotel Splendide Royal

On a recent visit to Rome, my husband and I stayed at the Hotel Splendide Royal for several days. This beautiful hotel with all the amenities offered a quiet room with a garden view. We found the staff to be exceptionally helpful, especially the concierge Ivan Crisante. In addition to lining up all restaurant reservations prior to our arrival and providing invaluable information on Rome, he also agreed to handle business calls for us in Rome as we did not speak Italian. After leaving Rome, our car was burglarized and briefcases containing all pertinent information on our business dealings in Rome were stolen. When we contacted Mr. Crisante in a desperate attempt to determine the name and phone number of a particular antique business that we had purchased goods from, he remembered this business and supplied name, address, and phone number immediately. We highly recommend this beautiful hotel and its superb concierge, Mr. Ivan Crisante!

Rooftop Terrace Dining or just Drinks

by icunme about Mirabelle Restaurant - Hotel Splendide Royal

We found this spot quite by accident as I pass it every day going the few blocks from home to Villa Borghese - we took VT'rs Robin and Derek here for drinks at sunset when they stayed with us and they were enchanted.
Superb and one of Rome's ultimate romantic experiences - the rooftop terraces is on the top floor of this recently renovated luxury hotel, which overlooks the Borghese Gardens. The Mirabelle Restaurant is elegant but expensive.
You can opt instead for a cocktail in the American Bar, which also has terrace seating. Either way, you'll way you'll be able to drink in the view across the Pinciana hill to the Palazzo Medici and on to the cupola of St. Peter's Basilica. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. The American bar is open from noon till 1 am.
Via di Porta Pinciana, 14 tel. 06.421 689 (near Via Veneto) Mimosas!

A Hidden Roman Treasure

The Hotel Splendide-Royal is situated near the Via Veneto, and ought to be situated in the guides and listings very near hotels like the Eden, the De Russie (I have stayed at the latter, dined at the former), and the other great Roman hotels.

Our suite was splendid, wonderful value for money, the staff were conscientiousness itself and always capable and pleasant. The terrace restaurant is a favourite of Roman diners, and is to die for! The staff, under Sr. Borghesi, is a well-oiled machine but, unlike other machines, full of humour and charm!

Having stayed at many of the best hotels in Europe and the US during thirty years of luxury travel, I would return on an annual basis on ly to a handful, the Splendide-Royal being very near the top of the list.

5-Star all the way.

Just returned (Nov. 3, 2004) after a 3 day stay. Had an excellent stay at the Splendide Royal in Rome. The hotel met all expectations, large room and balcony and perfect service. Cheerfully helped me with all my requests. Highly recommended, you will get your moneys worth..

Class Act

Just returned from honeymoon at the Splendide Royal. From the first moment to the last the staff of this quality hotel caters for your every need. Everybody from the doorman to the reception staff, the concierge to the bar and restaurant staff were as helpful and polite as you could wish for. The room was impeccable and seemed to be tidied everytime we left it! Breathtaking views were to be had from the superb 7th floor restaurant and the breakfast room. A special thank you must also go to Ivan who arranged us tickets to Roma's champions league game with Kiev ( it wasn't his fault it was abbandoned at half time!!! ). When next visiting Rome would certainly stretch to the extra cost of using this superb hotel again.

Loved the restaurant!

We did not stay in the hotel, but had a lovely evening at their restaurant. We arrived just before sunset and were seated right by the window - what a gorgeous view of Rome! The sommlier recommended an excellent bottle of wine, and both the food and service were excellent.

The consierge at our hotel told my husband ahead of time that a jacket or shirt and tie would be expected attire.

Great Value! An economic 5 stars!

I disagree with some negative reviews on the Splendide. I have been in this Hotel for the first time recently in September and have been surprise for the quality of the hospitality, with a professional staff, very large rooms mine # 414 was fantastic, nice marble bathroom with a window and a shower cabin too! The restaurant at topfloor terrace is incredible: fantastic view of Rome great food, however quite expensive but it's a gourmet one. I will certainly recommend the Splendide because of is good value for the price you pay for a five stars in Via Veneto.

At last ...a Spledide Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member SimonLancaster

A wonderful hotel with wonderful service and in my opinion one of the best hotels I have had the pleasure to stay in. I travel many times a year throughout the world on business and vacation and choose my hotels with great care. Sometimes I get it wrong or are seriously let down by the worlds 5 star hotels but not this time. When I return to Rome I will stay nowhere else and belive me that is one hell of an endorsement.

Great hotel

I definitely agree that this was one of the best hotels I stayed at on my trip to Europe. The staff was very friendly (even when my booking that was made thru a popular travel website was never received). The rooms and bathrooms were always clean. Even when we left the room to go out at night, we came back to a freshly cleaned room. They were very helpful with questions and suggestions. I will make it a point to stay there again!

Vacation 2006

by Rebecca76

"Welcome to Rome"

Well, our 2006 summer vacation came and went, but we enjoyed every second of it. Rome was amazing. We stayed with Carol and Lorenzo (VT) in Via Veneto, enjoyed the sites, the people, the food and the weather.
I am so glad that we had the chance to expore this great city!

"The sites"

From the airport we went directly to Termini which took about 30 minutes. We were a few Metro stops from where we were staying, but a friend suggested we take the double decker (red bus) around town on our way to where we were staying. This turned out to be a great idea since it showed us the lay of the land and allowed us to get an idea of what we wanted to see first. When you purchase a ticket for the bus, it is an all day pass and you can get on and off the bus when ever you want. They also give you headphones for an audio tour so you know what you are looking at as you fly through the city.

I was amazed that all the sites were so close together and that modern daily life was going on just steps from these amazing ancient ruins. I had expected things to be much more spread out, I am glad they werent, we enjoyed being able to walk the city.

The Basilica and the Vatican are just amazing.
One thing I didnt realize was that the Sistine Chapel closes at different times each day. Make sure you know what the current times are, you dont want to miss it.

One thing that really bummed me out about the Chapel was the people. Who knew that masses could be so rude in such a divine place. People were loud, they sat on the floor and took pictures even though the guards told them not to time after time. It was so sad. By the time I was done in there I was at the end of my rope and just wanted to get away from the tourists. I couldnt believe how awful people can be. It isnt my religion. It isnt my god. No matter how I feel about those things, there is no way I would ever act like that. It was so sad.

Other than that, it was really amazing and I am so glad that I stood in line to see it.

"The food and places to drink"

I really enjoyed most of the food in Rome. We stayed in Via Veneto and there are a few places on Via Veneto that we really enjoyed. The people were nice and the food was good, not sure what else we could have asked for.

We went to one bar while we were in town, it is called the Ice Club and is run by a really nice guy named Mateo. This place was amazing, we dont have an ice bar/club in the states, so I wasnt really sure what to expect. This place is made completely of ice. It is really worth it to go and check it out. We went before dinner since we were told there would be a long line later in the evening. It worked out perfect. We were the only ones there, we had a chance to chat with Mateo and the other people he has working there. It was a nice chance to meet people and learn more about what makes them tick!

located: Via Della Madonna Dei Monti, 20, 00184 Roma (RM) - 06 97845582

Another place that we went was the Roof Top Bar at the Splendide Royal Hotel in Via Veneto. You can sit outside on the 7th floor looking over the parks of Villa Borgese. Needless to say, its a bit on the expensive side, but your views also include vatican city and the wall. It was a great!
Via di Porta Pinciana, 14 - 00187 Rome, Italy

baglioni regina or splendide royal

by genebeans

I have a close customer and friend who is going to Rome and knows I,ve been there but he wants only five stars and I looked at the two hotels above on line. The Excelsior seems to be pricing themselves out of the regular market for a five star and the same with the Eden-Anyone have any advice on which of the two above hotels would be best.Would appreciate your advice if you live in Rome or have stayed at both-Thanks-Gene

Re: baglioni regina or splendide royal

by domenicococozza

Hi Gene, I'm afraid both these hotels are a bit out of my price range but we did have cocktails in the Splendide Royal and just to be cheeky, I grabbed their brochure on the way out. This is a beautiful hotel by anybody's standards and would take some beating.
I cant comment on the Regina

splendide royal hote rome italy

by genebeans

I have read great reviews about the above hotel on Trip Advisor. Anyone familiar with it and how bad is the walk UP to the hotel as several people commented about walking UP to the hotel from Via Veneto and Spanish Steps-Apparently is is above both-Anyone know of it??Thanks

Re: splendide royal hote rome italy

by domenicococozza

Hi Gene,
We have not stayed at the Splendide Royal, but we did go in for cocktails at the bar. It is on the Via di Porta Pinciana which is at the top of the Spanish Steps. It is uphill all the way and continues uphill until it meets the Via Veneto. The upside is that in the mornings its all downhill. As I say, we didnt stay there, but it certainly had the feel of 5 star oppulence.(With prices to match)

help me plan something awesome!

by tanya22

This is a plea for help to those who are familiar with rome. I'm planning to go there with my boyfriend this winter, around the 20th - 26th of december. He's obsessed with rome and has lived there before. Still, this winter I want to surprise him with something really different, a dinner at some fancy restaurant with a great view, an opera, a football game....or just anything along those lines. Can anyone give me any sugestions? Ideally I want to do something on the night of the 25th....

Thanks

RE: help me plan something awesome!

by nicolaitan

there are 2 classic 5 star hotels with top floor dining (and prices to match). One is the Hassler on Via Sistina at the top of the Spanish Steps and the second is the Eden on Via Ludovisi 2 blocks west of the Via Veneto. The views from both are great.

RE: RE: help me plan something awesome!

by baronedivandastad

Along the same lines is the Hotel Splendide Royal, right next to Porta Pinciana, whose restaurant Mirabelle will offer you the best view of Rome and prices to match...
A different evening has you dining on the lakeshore in Bracciano, where I suggest Chalet del Lago in Anguillara Sabazia.
Needless to say, book well in advance for Christmas day.
Cheers,