St. Regis Grand Hotel

Via Vittorio E Orlando 3, Rome, Lazio, 00185, Italy

The St. Regis Rome
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Opulence and Excellent Service!

During the week of Easter 2007, I stayed at the St. Regis in Rome. The service at the hotel was excellent, especially the concierge. Do not hesitate to ask the concierge to recommend restaurants and make reservations on your behalf.

I really liked the location of the hotel, which was really close to a beautiful fountain. Furthermore, the hotel was located only a 15-minute walk from the Spanish Steps, The President's Palace, and other nearby attractions.

While staying at the hotel I had a facial at spa, which was located on the top floor of the hotel. While I was there it was not difficult to book an appointment, I could gather that usually people would have no problem acquiring an appointment, if you book a couple of days beforehand. The facial and spa were really nice, but nothing special. It was just nice way to relax.

The hotel is definitely on the more expensive side, however, even if you do not stay at the hotel you should definitely have breakfast there one morning. The breakfast is American Continental, but the ambiance, service, and food is spectacular.

On a side note, I noticed a lot of people staying there were couples, and not many families with children were present.

Unique Quality: Knowledgeable concierge, spa on top floor, nicely appointed and clean rooms, delicious buffet breakfast! :)

Directions: Centrally located, just across the street from a pharmacia, and 5-10 minute (leisurely) walk from most major attractions.

• tere1's Profile Photo

Luxurious Hotel

I stayed at the St Regis Grand Hotel on my first visit to Rome. It's an amazing luxurious hotel that belongs to the Starwood Collection.

From the moment you enter the hotel, you'll be amazed with its frescoes paintings, its italian style, everything is Grand here!

The rooms are decorated with antiques, silks , in red, blue and gold tones and are huge. Bathrooms are all marble, in a beautiful caramel colour. The toileteries are Hermès.

The saloons and lounges are awsome, with frescoes in the ceilings. This is a hotel full of luxury!
    The food at the restaurants was also very good though pricy, but then , you're in a real 5 star place! Saff were very atentive and helpful.

The only thing i didn't like about the hotel was its location. It's next to Via Veneto, a bit far from all the main sites in Rome. Otherwise I highly recommend this hotel if you can afford it. You won't regret it!

Directions: Close to Via Veneto.

• leadingedge's Profile Photo

Good 5 star facilities

Good 5 star hotel but rooms reasonably small.
    Food was 5 star but there were lots of cheaper eateries and coffee places nearby. Good location for visiting sights of Rome with fabulous bascillica nearby and Via Nationale for shopping.

Unique Quality: Hotel has a great gym even including free sports drinks and fruit for after a hard workout.
    Best deal for business type travellers was the 3 euro per hour for internet usage which was cheap by European standards.

More about St. Regis Grand Hotel

loved the hotel... gorgeous room and wonderful service

by TripAdvisor Member petitegal215

Stayed at the st. regis grand for 6 nights mid october 2004.... our room was absolutely gorgeous and very spacious and it was wonderful that the air-conditioner was working perfectly as the weather in rome during our stay was unseasonably warm... yes it was rather pricey but you get what you pay for.... found staff to be overly helpful and always pleasent... location was good, although it was around a 15 minute walk to the spanish steps area... possibly less time for those who walk fast...husband and i would definately stay there again... a true 5 star hotel.

Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member KMS777

I just returned from a vacation in Rome with my husband, 3 children and my mother. We stayed at the St. Regis Grand. Upon arrival, we were informed that we could not check in early due to the hotel being full because the MTV Music Awards were in town. We were then asked to go to the Lounge where we enjoyed complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The concierge assisted us with directions for sightseeing and informed us that our room would be ready around 3pm. When we returned, one of the rooms were ready, but the other room was not. The desk clerk informed us that he had upgraded our rooms to suites on the butler floor and prior guest had just left. We were then brought up to the first suite, which was beautiful and spacious. After about l hour the butler let us in the next suite. It was the Pantheon Suite, which consisted of a large bedroom, bathroom, and a separate living area with beautiful sofas, chairs, and desk. This room connected with our other suite as well. THIS was worth waiting for!

The accomodations were perfect for our large group and the special treats in our room were a nice surprise at the end of a long day of touring. The breakfast buffet was also included in our price and was plentiful and the wait staff was very polite and helpful. We also enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal at the hotel restaurant, which was the best meal we had in Rome.

The hotel itself is well located and very beautiful. The staff was helpful and very friendly. We do not have a single complaint about the St. Regis.

Wonderful Service & Accommodations

We stayed at the St Regis over Christmas 2004. The service was excellent and the accommodations very comfortable. Due to mechanical difficulties, we missed one flight to Rome, and our second flight was signifcantly delayed. Our luggage didn't make it with us. We arrived at about 11:00 p.m. Christmas Eve, were exhausted and had no fresh clothes. We were given an upgraded room at no additional cost and wonderful bottle of wine. The concierge was very helpful in assisting us in retrieving our luggage from Alitalia. The Hotel was expensive but well worth it. Criticisms about the hotel's location are unfounded. While it is a pretty long walk to the center of Rome (Navona, della Rotunda, etc.) from the St Regis, the hotel is close to both the Termini station (where all buses seem to go) and the Republica Metro station. Vivendi is a very nice (but, again, expensive) restaurant and the Grand Bar is also very comfortable.

Exceptional

I stayed at the Grand recently and was blown away by the friendly service and the exceptional amenities. The rooms were spacious (we were upgraded to a suite) and beautiful. Though expensive, it was well worth it for a "special occasion" trip.

I also stayed at the Excelsior earlier in the week and found that a very good hotel as well...a little stuffier. The St. Regis Grand was a better experience.

Old world perfection

There are few grand hotels left that don't succumb to business or tourist pressures, but the St. Regis offers an exceptional ambience of gentility, elegance, and comfort for individual guests as well as brilliant ballrooms for events. We were given an instant upgrade from our superior room to an imperial one complete with a dozen white roses, Krug champagne on ice and gorgeous fruit. All of the amenities plus style and terrific multilingual concierge and staff. I wish I could afford to go back every year. KKM Berkeley, California USA

A True Palace

by TripAdvisor Member IAD777

If you want to feel and be treated like royalty, stay at the St. Regis. It is opulent beyond anything I have experienced elsewhere in Europe. When we were there, a few years ago, we had bulgari soap and shampoo, a huge room, which contained a mural with its own lighting scheme. Hotel is five star all the way, and in a great location.

truly grand

by TripAdvisor Member kipwingerjr

I am a loyal member of the starwood program (and I feel everyone should be-it has amazing benefits), so I chose the st regis for my trip to rome. The room was amazing, the view was dazzling (ask for a fiew of the square/fountain). It is a relatively short walk to many sites, and a stones throw from the metro station. The hotel is dazzling. Our room was on the top floor and huge. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom large and gorgeous, and I cant complain about anything at all on the hotel itself. We ordered room service (basic sandwich and burger-late night food) an d it was average. Otherwise this hotel is well above par. If you are looking for a relaxing/romantic/impressive hotel, and dont mind paying a little bit (I actually only paid €280 plus tax, I got the amazing room due to starwood benefits, and didnt even have to use points!), this hotel is amazing.

St. Regis Grand Hotel in Rome

by candacegar

We are planning a very special trip to Italy next April/May. I really like the photos of the rooms at the St. Regis Grand Hotel in Rome. I want to stay someplay very special with grand style, not modern or plain. I know the location is not the greatest and that we will have to get a taxi to areas of interest.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Any thoughts?

by nomad7890

no, but did you check TripAdvisor for additional reviews?

by mccalpin

What's wrong with its location? You are practically across the street from the Baths of Diocletian and the National Museum of Rome. A few feet away is Piazza della Repubblica.

Within 500-600 yards are so is one of the 4 major basilicas in Rome: Santa Maria Maggiore, the Via Veneto (although it's not what it was in the days of La Dolce Vita), Piazza Baberini, and Stazione Termini, the main train station for quick day trips out of the city.

It's just a mile to Piazza Venezia - an easy 20 minutes on foot - and when you are here, you are in the heart of ancient and modern Rome, with the Forum and Colosseum to the south, the Via del Corso, Spanish Steps, Piazza del Popolo and all that to the north, and Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Campo de' Fiori and all that to the west.

Furthermore, your hotel is between 2 Metro stops - the one at Piazza della Repubblica is maybe only 200 yards away. From here, you can take the Metro direct to the Vatican across the Tiber, or take the Metro to Termini to switch lines and go underground all the way to the Colosseum or the Circus Maximus, or even out to EUR where the Museum of Roman Civilization is (one of my favorites).

The only time you'll need a taxi is perhaps late at night when you're on the other side of town, and you just don't want to be bothered with schlepping all the way back on foot...

Of course, I don't know your mobility; we always stress that Rome is a city made for walking, but not all people are able to take advantage of that...

Bill

by we135b

that location is prime. i stayed in a best western on the street behind that st regis and watched the guests in envy.

by nomad7890

I stayed at the St. Regis in Shanghai and it was sheer indulgence - excellent experience. If they have the type of room with "personal butler", do select it, it's worth it.

In Shanghai my personal butler accompanied me back to the airport using the Maglev train (I did not have time to make any mistakes). I assume these are the same in all cities.

Comments