Stay in Rome

Via del Corso 81, Rome, Italy
Stay Inn Roma
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Rome

A Corinthian Column, the Pantheon, 05/07A Corinthian Column, the Pantheon, 05/07

Bernini Angel and the castleBernini Angel and the castle

The magnificent ColiseumThe magnificent Coliseum

San Nicola in Carcere, exterior wall, May 2007San Nicola in Carcere, exterior wall, May 2007

#1 Tour and Company?

by AxeTrav

I've been reading for a couple weeks and now I am coming down to where i have to book my tours. Flight and Hotels are booked! Based on Friends and Reviews I am leaning towards Presto Tours. I am looking to book by tomorrow, so i'd like to hear from anyone on here about a particular tour guide? or a special tour.. I just want to see everything that i can with an english speaking tour guide. I am stressing!

by cmcard2

if you are leaning toward a company based on friends recommendations, then you should just do it. going to italy you can never go wrong - and you go so you can learn and then go back and do more or share it with others - once you made your decision you will be fine

by monorailgold

Hello,

Presto gets okay reviews on this and other sites. In my opinion, you don't need a guide to see Rome. Just do some reading before you go and get a good guide book. You might want to book a tour for the vatican museums but I can't think of another sites (maybe the forum) where you must have a guide.

Donna

by Maurizioago

There are plenty of suggestions here on VT. I think you don't need a tour to explore Rome. Read some pages here and have a look at www.romeguide.it.

Travel Tips for Rome

Colourful flower stands

by sinoda

Campo dei fiori is worth while a stroll even though you didn't plan on anything.

Besides the flower vendours there are fresh veggies and all sorts of different types of herbs for sale. Just look around and listen to the kakophony, smell the many odours and see all the wonderful colours....

Fiumicino Airport

by codrutz

Usually people get to the airport just in time for checking in, but at Fiumicino Airport in Rome you can try getting there one hour earlier, because it has, beside some shops (not at all impressive though) - most impressive being the cafeteria terrace than offers the best view over the runways. We've stayed there for a full hour watching and taking pictures of planes taking off - see pictures attached to this tip.

Free nightlife spot

by martin_nl about Nighttime photographing

We didn't really go to any nightlife spot in Rome, since we wanted to see all of Rome's antiquities etc. However a very good tip is to walk with your camera (and tripod) around the city and make wonderful night photo's of the citiy. Almost all the Ancient sights and other famous must sees are well lit and easy to photograph. We didn't do too much night sight seeing, but I did capture this shot of the Colosseum at night. Magnificients isn't it? I'm quite proud of this pic, which I took with my new digital camera!!

A nice surprise

by paoseo about Hostaria Romana trasteverina "Capo de Fero"

Strolling around with some friends we ended up here. It's not so easy t find..infact we found it by chance. It was quite late and surely the owner wasn't so happy in seeing us entrying but all was great!!
It's closed on Wednesday
Prices of first means are good..they increase a little for second meals.

Ring of Battles and Trials

by HispanicYob

I'll spare you the details and history of the Colosseum because if you wanted that, you could wiki it or read it from others who will say the same thing I would've said. A symbol of ancient Rome and even today's Rome, no visit to Rome would be complete without at least going by it or going inside it. To step in the Colosseum is to be a part of Roman history, to tread where the ancient Romans have tread, and where mankind today can get a glimpse of what once was.

Comments